Help this ride chicken pick one!

Harambe

I miss Tapestry of Dreams!
I have vowed to start doing some of the rides with DH and the kids. Last trip, I braved:

Kali River Rapids - loved it! Not scary and a lot of fun.

Dinosaur - screamed a lot and smacked my "it's not that bad!" DH when I got out! Altho I would probably do this again, and keep the eyes open!

Norway boat ride - enjoyed this! Similar to PotC as far as the drop goes.

SSSSOOOOOOO - what should I try when we go in September? I'm thinking of trying:

Star Tours
Big Thunder Mountain
Test track

Which would you pick?

Try test track it is so cool. Not that scary. Just windy and a little fast at the end when u are outside. I love this ride....:Pinkbounc

I don't care for Star Tours, personally. Its just a simulator, if I remember right. Just a little jerky.

Big Thunder Mountain is okay, but never a must hit for us. Its pretty lame as far as rollercoasters go... its enjoyable, just not a thrill a minute =) You can def handle it.

Test Track is fun! Its really not scary or anything either. We were disappointed that we didn't go faster for longer LOL! You can def handle that one, too. Its fun! =)

None of those compare to Dinosaur, I dont think. Im a big wimp, and I closed my eyes through all of Dinosaur. I handled all of those other rides without an issue, and enjoyed them. Since you braved that, these will be a piece of cake!

Good luck to you!!!!!!!

I agree point for point with Aimeedyan. None of these are too bad. Star Tours is just a simulator so it is the least challenging of the three - and Test Track is the most fun. Big Thunder is not bad, no giant drops. If you need something to build up to Big Thunder - try The Barnstormer in ToonTown - it is similar, just a little tamer.

You should do fine on all of them.

Big Thunder Mountain is pretty tame. If you really want excitement, try the Aerosmoth Roller Coaster.

im a big chicken and it took me several times to try test track. but i did last time i was there and it was nothing. i definitly think you should start with that one. i hate star tours, i makes me sick.

Why not try Mission:Space? No big hills there. No jerky bumps. You just sit in the seat and spin really really really fast!!!

After Test Track in Epcot (which is great), try Aerosmith Roller Coaster. This major ride chicken walked into the final waiting area just as the coaster took off. Wow! Did it ever take off. I stood there with my fingers clutching the fence for nearly 10 minutes while our son kept saying, "Mom, - step - away - from - the - fence." Everyone was passing me by until finally my husband got me to let go of the fence and get in line, constantly assuring me that I would love the ride. After several YOUNG kids were so excited about riding it again, I did finally feel convicted to at least try it and I got into the ride car and held on for dear life...I have the photo to prove it! After all was said and done, I absolutely LOVED the ride and told them they should have gotten me on it the FIRST day and not the last. Now, everytime we go to D/MGM that's the first ride I'm on. They still haven't gotten me back on TOT after my first time when it used to drop ALL the way down. AUUUUUGGGGHHHH! Never been good with long drops or high roller coasters. Whatever you do, enjoy the parks!

Test Track, hands down. its really cool to see the way they test the cars, and the speed is the best!!! lol, overall smooth ride... if you can do Dinasour, you can do Test Track!:teeth: Good luck!!

Well said LoveToDisney, it really is a great--and quick--ride for a typical ride chicken!

Test track.
Careful if you do mission space. The spinning made me sick and I own an amusement ride. But age just makes the spinning harder.(only 32)

I am afraid of heights and hate most roller coasters, but I have tried all the Disney ones and enjoy them because I don't feel like I am up in the air or about to fall out. I also hate going upside down, but I have to say that my favorite thrill-type ride is Rockin Roller Coaster! It is dark so I can't see where I'm going (that is good) and it is fast. I also feel very secure, not like I will be thrown out any minute (like on Splash Mountain, but that is over so fast I hardly have time to notice). Also, the great music really makes the ride more fun! I think you would enjoy it more than Star Tours (simulator rides make me nauseous) or BTMR (kind of jerks you around). I have not tried Test Track because the lines have always been too long; maybe this next trip. It sounds like a lot of fun.

LOL! jaysue - I think I might try them all!

Thanks for the input. I was leaning toward test track first, so I think I'll do that and if it doesn't freak me out, I'll try the others!

I think you should be fine with any and all of them, but agree with those who say Test Track. It is a great ride!

Good luck with your choices!

My 5YO ultimate chicken LOVED Test Track! It is VERY tame for a "thrill ride."

If you get motion sickness, forget Star Tours. The motion is the real threat, here; it is not scary, in fact, it hardly moves at all.

BTMRR is a pretty tame "roller coaster" that really just moves side-to-side. Some complain that it is jerky, but I haven't found this, especially tame in the front. It is a great ride with beautiful theming, and I'd hate for you to miss it. I agree with the above-poster who recommended trying the Barnstormer first to get used to that particular type of motion. Next trip will do this with DS (will be almost 8). Ride Barnstormer early in the AM because it's a slow loader and the line can get really long for a really short ride.

Have fun and report back; let us know if you ride or chicken out!

Oh, Harambe, you didn't mention Primeval Whirl. Have you tried it? I'm dyin' to get on that ride!

As stated before Test Track is not a big deal. Remember that Star Tours is a simulator and even though it does actually move, the big part of the sensations come from looking at the screen, if it bothers you, just close your eyes. (But if you try Mission Space, do not close your eyes no matter what).

I'm gonna go against the crowd today and say Big Thunder. ;) That's IF you absolutely have to choose. I think you could handle any of them; none are that scary. But Big Thunder Mountain will make you feel most accomplished, being the most purely thrill-oriented one, and it'll set you on that next level if you want to continue your adventures next trip (Space Mountain is only a tiny step up! :)) But it's best to do more than once, so do it at night if you can, especially during a parade when it's not crowded and they'll let you go over and over! ;)

Okay - Star Tours doesn't sound like it would be for me - I hate the feeling of wieghtlessness even if I look away. (Mission Space is NOT an option for me!).

iloveeeyore - The spinning and drops together on Primeval Whirl would kill me! However DH, DD, and DS rode it a few times and enjoyed it.

And I think I will try BT, but I have tried it in the past, and dang if I don't just run across the car and right out the chicken exit!

I will say it here - I HATE rollercoasters.

DH tricked me onto Rock-n-rollercoaster...I CRIED the whole time! (I was 22 at the time! heheh)

I HATED Space Mountain...I felt like I was going to fall out - and it was all in the dark.

Prime-evil Whirl was just torture...annoying sounds/sites and being crammed between my hubby laughing at me and a stranger laughing at me...because I was all "get me off get me off get me off". Never again.

I was kinda wary of BTMR...but it really is a TAME ride! Yes a little jerky/bumpy...but you're never in COMPLETE PITCH BLACK DARKNESS (there are some dark parts - but not bad at all.) Sit in the middle of the train to start off with and you'll be fine. Feel free to apply a death grip to the lap bar. You wont' really need it...but it makes me feel better!

And honestly - if you can do Dinosaur...Test Track is NOTHING!

Star Tours - well, sometimes I'm ok, sometimes I get a little "sea sick"...but DH loves star wars, so I make sure I go on it for him. (But I dont' close my eyes...i just look at my feet and hold on, and i'm fine. )

ENJOY! Hope to hear you try something new!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter