HELP!! Teacher gift ideas needed

hocksocmom

Earning My Ears
I'm stumped . . . for my son's 3rd grade female teacher in her late 40's. I don't want to coordinate a group gift, just something from my son. He has no clue what to give her either. She's very casual, i.e. not the manicure and hairstyle type, and has a great sense of humor. Any suggestions would be most appreciated - THANKS!!

Does Rockvale have a mall-wide gift certificate? If so, she'd be able to pick anything for herself. If not, why not a gift certificate to the Gap or one of the other stores? Or a goodie basket with a ticket to one of the Nissley Winery summer concerts?

As I teacher, I will tell you what most of us love to receive if the parent does decide to buy a gift (never expected).
GIFT CERTIFICATES!
Teachers don't make a whole lot of $$, so a certificate for something like movie tickets, movie rentals or a dinner out is really appreciated. Not a lot of $$ means we usually have a pretty small personal entertainment budget.
Almost everything else will get tossed out; teachers accumulate so much STUFF, that it's nice to have a gift that means that we will get to have some fun, think of the child and parent while we're doing it, and then don't have anything to store when we're finished :)
Cheers!
Heather W

I'll second that, although as a HS teacher I rarely even get cookies at Christmas. If I'm stumped I just get the teacher a restaurant gift certificate--things are so crazy on that last day of school the last thing we want to do is cook.
Plus DD#1's teacher is retiring, so knick knacks wouldn't make any sense.
Robin M.

One of my friends is a teacher, and while she really does appreciate gifts, she said she gets way too many mugs! She is also the type that would appreciate gift certificates or movie tickets. Depending on how much you want to spend, you could give several types of certificates to fit in with a theme. For example, my friends parents go to the movies a lot, so she got them 2 movie tickets, gift certificates to a nearby ice cream place, and a gift certificate to their favorite restaurant.

When my DD was in grade school, we always gave the teacher a gift cert to a book store (Barnes and Noble is my fav). Teachers love to read and it seemed like a well liked gift each time. Just another idea to ponder.

As a teacher I will agree with the other posts about the gift certificates! Gift certificates are the best gifts that I have received. I enjoy all of the little knick knacks, but after a while you start to get too many.

I did a personal tote bag ( Thanks to whomever suggested that the other day!) for my dds preschool teacher she never has enough ways to carry all of her stuff!

the other thing I did for the rest of them was to pot a pretty plant and attached a note that said "Thank You for Helping Me Grow!"

Kinda cute I thought :)

Theres another thread probably about 8-10 pages back now that I started. Its called " That time of year again teachers gifts" or something like that that had some greta ideas :)

I also agree with the GC's.

Good luck!

You're welcome binny!

I give Barnes and Nobles gift certificates. In addition, I make a little magnet with DDs picture on it for the teachers.

What binny was talking about was the gift I got as a homeroom mom. DDs teacher had all of the kids in the class put their handprints on a canvas totebag (DD got to put both handprints; all other kids did one) for me. I was very pleasently surprised; homeroom mom is normally one of those thankless jobs that we volunteer for!

Good luck, and let us know what you decide.

I've gotten my dd's teachers thank-notes in the past. That's something they always need. Maybe this year I'll add stamps to that!! Or a gift cert. at the mall's teacher's store. Especially if the teacher is still sort of new to teaching and hasn't had time to accumulate all that room stuff yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter