Help! Still No Membership Cards?

JillyTup

Earning My Ears
We joined last June!! As yet we have still not received our Membership Cards, despite endless e-mails and phone calls.

Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone got any ideas where to go next as member services keep saying they'll be sent soon or they have already been dispatched!!!

Thanks Jilly Tup
:mad: :( :confused:

Mine expired 2 years ago, and I've been trying to get a replacement. However, since they print "member" on your room key-card, I've had no problem getting discounts at Disney stores and restaurants during our vacations.

I agree that they seem a little slow with this matter.

How do your cards expire?

Mine has my name, member number, use year, and member since.

No expiration date.

On the back of our cards there's a little box that says "Valid through 10/31/2002." Some time before that date we got stickers in the mail that just said "Valid." You were supposed to cover the box with the sticker. It's pretty silly, to be honest with you. MS promised me (twice, at least) that we would be getting new membership cards. They can never get around to sending out the cards, but they did find a way to send out these pointless stickers.

It's nothing more than an irritation for us. But if I didn't have a card at all, like the OP, and wanted to get a TDS discount I'd be PO'd.

Well if you can ever get them to send you a new card you can be assured it does not ever expire.

We have two contacts, a October use-year (our first) and a June use-year (both resale purchases). After our first purchase we received our membership cards promptly. After the second purchase, no cards... 1 month, 2 months, 3 months...

So the calls to MS start - OK, the cards 'in the mail'... Sure 'nuff a few weeks later arrives a new OCTOBER card (first purchase). More calls to MS - ok, they're sending it... A few weeks later... Yup, another OCTOBER card.

So on a visit to WDW we STOP IN to MS at BWV - OK, they see the problem, they'll MAKE SURE we get a June card... A few weeks later... Do I have to tell you.

So months of waiting, MANY calls, a in-person visit - I FIANLLY got someone to send us a June card - I think it ACTUALLY had something to do with new cards being sent out - ones with RAISED numbers. Of course now our June card has the raised numbers and the October cards (all 12 of them) don't... Maybe I should call - NOT, I don't need the aggrivation!

We bought in August and our Temporary cards expired in November. We had no trouble using member discounts during our MLK wkend jaunt to VB (which was Great! BTW). I had also called a number of times to get our "real" cards (the blue ones). The most recent call to MS, about 3 wks back, apparently succeeded, as we received our new plastic cards in yesterday's mail. Yay!

I am still considering getting BankOne to issue us fresh Disney Visa cards onto which they imprint "Disney Vacation Club Member" (or is it "DVC Memeber"?), which we could also use to obtain the DVC discounts. Not sure if it's worth the bother tho.

Originally posted by DisneyCrazy
We have two contacts, a October use-year (our first) and a June use-year (both resale purchases). After our first purchase we received our membership cards promptly. After the second purchase, no cards... 1 month, 2 months, 3 months...

So the calls to MS start - OK, the cards 'in the mail'... Sure 'nuff a few weeks later arrives a new OCTOBER card (first purchase). More calls to MS - ok, they're sending it... A few weeks later... Yup, another OCTOBER card.

So on a visit to WDW we STOP IN to MS at BWV - OK, they see the problem, they'll MAKE SURE we get a June card... A few weeks later... Do I have to tell you.

So months of waiting, MANY calls, a in-person visit - I FIANLLY got someone to send us a June card - I think it ACTUALLY had something to do with new cards being sent out - ones with RAISED numbers. Of course now our June card has the raised numbers and the October cards (all 12 of them) don't... Maybe I should call - NOT, I don't need the aggrivation!

I thought MS was in Celebration, when did they move to BW?

After many phone calls, we FINALLY got our cards last week. This membership was purchased a year ago.........

(we sold old membership at OKW, so we wanted new cards with the new membership # on them)

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
I thought MS was in Celebration, when did they move to BW?

I'm sorry, I misspoke (mistyped?) - this was when the sales team was at BW...

Thanks everyone for the info. If we have no cards by the time our first visit in April comes around then we'll visit in person to see if that helps!!

We bought direct from Disney thinking it would be easy to do, how wrong!! April Use year 400 points at Beach Club Villas.

We still love Disney though and can't wait for our first visit home!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter