Help! Stateroom assignment

garrettandkatesmom

Earning My Ears
We are first time cruisers leaving on a 4 day next Sunday on the Dream. I just got around to looking up where our room is ... and it is right by an elevator apparently. #10530. Is there any chance at this late date that I can get that changed? How loud are the rooms by the elevators? I can't believe I haven't looked this up before!!! (I guess I can believe it - our lives are crazy right now with a cancer diagnosis and treatment) But still .... I am so sad that this might really bother us - the noise of an elevator. Has anyone else stayed in a room close to an elevator? Do I stand any chance of getting a room change? Thanks!

We've always stayed close to the elevators and the hallway openings... it has never been a problem for us. Here's wishing you a great trip!

We stayed by an elevator twice so far and we never noticed noise from the elevator and/or the people getting on/off of it. We loved being close to the elevator as it made it an easy room to find, and it was easy to get to/from different places either by the stairs or the elevator.

If you feel you would be better off in a different cabin you can call DCL and see if they are able to change your room and what the process would be for your luggage given you leave next Sunday. If they aren't able to change it they can at least give you an official answer as to yes or no.

I hope you have a great cruise and that its filled with fun, and pixie dust as it seems given how stressful something like a cancer diagnosis and treatment can be you probably need the trip away.

I haven't looked at the map, are you near the mid ship, forward or aft elevators?

We have stayed on Deck 6 very close to the midship elevators and never heard them at all.

Hoping you will enjoy your cruise!

Thank you!!! I was panicking. I want this trip to be fun for us all - we deserve it. My husband and kids have been troopers.

Since Thanksgiving, I have been diagnosed with Stage 2 Papillary Thyroid cancer, had my entire thyroid plus several lymph nodes removed, and had RAI ablation therapy. My last scan showed treatment to be working. :cool1: So ... my message to everyone is to get your necks checked! I was so lucky that my dr. felt a nodule on my thyroid in a routing physical!

No need to worry. The Dream hallways do not carry sound like your typical hotel/resort hallway. We were in a stateroom very close to yours and never heard a single noise outside our stateroom door. You may notice some noise from up above as the 11th deck is where the pools, Cabanas, and other busy areas are located. We brought a white noise machine with us to block out this noise while we slept and everything was ok. Have a great trip!!!

Have fun, I don't think the elevators will be bothersome at all.

Just wanted to say my dad had the same thing you did. They say of all the cancers to have, this is the easiest. My dad had his thryoid and lymph nodes removed and he is now in remission, going on 10 years. :cheer2: We are truly thankful he has overcome this and hope you have the same outcome.

Thank you!!! I was panicking. I want this trip to be fun for us all - we deserve it. My husband and kids have been troopers.

Since Thanksgiving, I have been diagnosed with Stage 2 Papillary Thyroid cancer, had my entire thyroid plus several lymph nodes removed, and had RAI ablation therapy. My last scan showed treatment to be working. :cool1: So ... my message to everyone is to get your necks checked! I was so lucky that my dr. felt a nodule on my thyroid in a routing physical!
I just thought maybe I could add some encouraging info, and let you know that I had this same cancer, full thyroid removed (although I was lucky: no lymph nodes) and RAI ablation. That was 28 years ago. I've been cancer free since then. The biggest problem has been regulating my metabolism without a thyroid, but heck, a lot of people have the same problems *with* a thyroid. I was declared *officially* cancer-free in 1993.

Enjoy your cruise! You deserve it. (and ps, I've had rooms near the elevators twice, and I've never found it to be a problem. It's pretty handy, actually).

Sayhello

I just sailed on the Disney Fantasy and had a stateroom that was the first door you see on the forward port side elevators and never heard any noise all week long:thumbsup2. Enjoy your cruise you deserve it:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter