• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help solve a spouse debate on germs, sickness and Disney

That's a really big jump from the use of hand sanitizer to the prevalence of anxiety disorders.
I agree that it would be a big jump IF I said hand sanitizer causes anxiety disorders. However, I will clarify for you to say that I was inferring that we as a society are already pretty darn anxious and perhaps we are making our kids a little more nutty by having them use hand sanitizer after every object they touch.

We don't worry about it, but we also don't really get sick easily. We wash hands after bathroom visits, we wash hands before we eat if we think about it. I don't really believe in hand sanitizers because I agree that people have overused them and germs are building a resistance. We take baths at night and try to avoid getting sneezed or coughed on. We've never been sick while at a Disney park so we'll probably just keep on keepin' on.

My DW is super-conscious about germs, and I work at a food-processing plant. So we both wash our hands constantly. That being said, I do not worry about that at Disney any more than anywhere else. I wash after bathrooms, before meals, and any time I feel like I need to. Otherwise, HAVE FUN!!! :thumbsup2

In truth, Disney keeps the place so clean, I would be more concerned at the local mall or Walmart than at WDW! Ever notice how many trash cans there are...? Just sayin.

So, take some Germ-X, keep clean, but don't freak out about it. Otherwise, you are paying hundreds of dollars to worry, which you can do from home for free. (LOL)

It's Disneyworld.....be a kid, and enjoy!:dancer:

After seeing a number of women coming out of the bathroom stalls and not washing their hands only solidifies the need to be more careful of germs. You have a great number of WDW guest from different cultures that have different cleanliness rituals and we use lots of hand sanitizer at WDW

Clean the hotel room with Clorox wipes, never touch a tray table on a plane. Never get a drink on an airplane and put the TV remote in a baggy.

We don't worry about it or stress over it. In all the times we've been to WDW or on cruises, I am the only one who has ever gotten sick, and only once. A couple of years ago I caught the flu and spent the last 3 days in our resort hotel unable to even get out of bed. I'm certain I caught the flu from a guy at the airport who was hacking up a lung. I didn't move seats fast enough I guess :(

*And I cannot get a flu shot because I am allergic (for all those who love to preach about getting the flu shot).

As far as preaching about the flu shot, you are the precise reason why it's so important that everyone get one. There are many people who cannot, but will benefit from herd immunity. I get my flu shot for myself as well as for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter