Help! Should we try Vero Beach?!

DizGirl20

DIS Veteran
We just recently acquired points at VWL and I made our first reservation to stay there April 9-16th. But we are considering swapping a few of those days (if I can get a reservation at 7 months) for Vero Beach. I am so worried we will miss Disney.

DH and DD13 say they are happy to do "whatever". DD11 wants to spend all 7 days at Disney. I am up for trying for something different but don't want to be disappointed. I am thinking it might be better to go for a few days at the beginning of the trip rather than the end of the trip. WWYD? Stay at Disney or give Vero a try? Ugh! :confused:

Thanks!

We were in the same boat several months ago. We had BWV booked for 10 days for Spring Break, but DH and I always talk about wanting to stay somewhere new, so we dropped the first three days off of BWV and booked Vero. I would have done the opposite and gone the last three days, but the availability wasn't there.

We booked two ocean front INN rooms--being on the ocean, I wanted to see the ocean! The only draw back was that the water was too cold for my liking in March!

Give it a try--;)

We just did 2 nights at VB between WDW and DCL. It was great! Only disappointment was there were no turtles on the night we did a turtle walk (that won't be a concern when you are there anyway!).

It is so nice. I might suggest doing it at the end because it is such a nice break from WDW.

Vero Beach is fantastic. I liked staying at Vero after our stay at WDW because it helped us relax before going home. Usually I am a little tired when I return from Disney. VB was the perfect way to end the trip, and it made leaving WDW a little easier than normal.

So I am starting to pick up on a common theme here: try Vero at the end of the trip? I was thinking of going to VB in the beginning b/c I find Disney so hard to leave once I get there, but maybe I need to rethink this. I could see relaxing at the beach as a way to "wind down"...

When we travel with the kids, we always do Vero first. They tend to get a little bored after a while (they are older, 16-21). Doing Disney last gives them something to look forward to and since they are old enough to go off on their own to the parks, DH and I tend to relax more while we are at Disney.

we always do vero 1st
our feeling is WDW is closer to the airport and we dont have to rush as much at the end of our trip

About 4 years ago we did Vero. Our kids were young, 7 and 4 but they had a good time. We had a car and we decided halfway through our trip we'd take a day trip to WDW and go to a water park. It was a nice break from the laid back life for the kids. We loved VB but I would have to agree with others that it may be perfect as a recharge after a busy WDW vacation. Enjoy!

DH also likes to be closer to the airport at the end of the vacation. We most often do Vero Beach first. Did it like that in June.:goodvibes

There is no right answer to this debate. But, for me, if I went to VB first, I would be too excited about getting to WDW to relax and enjoy it. And my kids would be anxious as well. When we went to VB after Disney, I hated leaving Disney when my vacation wasn't over. But when I got there, I thought: this is WAY less sad than leaving WDW to go on a long drive home. And because the WDW portion of the trip was over, I could just relax and try to unwind before going back to work. It was perfect in that regard...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter