which resort do you think??

• Contemporary Garden wing

• Contemporary Bay Lake View

• Contemporary Theme park view

• Polynesian

Results are only viewable after voting.

princessap

DIS Veteran
My DH and I are debating where to stay our next trip and have narrowed it down to the following options....here is our family me, DH, DDs (2,5,7 at trip time), plus grandparents joining us for their first time to disney!!

I picked Contemporary Bay Lake View because:

1. The Contemporary is the most convenient resort to the MK, which is great for families with small children.

2. For the grandparents, everything at the Contemporary is under one roof. You don't have to worry about running from building to building to get drinks or snacks, this is particularly nice if it's raining outside.

3. I picked BLV over TPV because there are so many places to view the fireworks and park that are free that the extra cost of that room wouldn't be worth it to me.

4. I picked the BLV over the Garden room because of #2 above.

picked the poly, but have never stayed at cr. Ohanas, the beach area, volcano pool, are just a few reasons I choose it. Overall theme is awesome, cr just doesnt give the same feel imo, poly is a relaxing resort, lots of lush foilage, tiki lights and the polyenesian music playing that sounds like Vacation to me!:thumbsup2

I'd pick the Wing building because it is easy to get to the main building and you can use the stairs if you don't want to wait on an elevator. The very short walkway is covered and you are close to the CR pools.

Plus you'll probably save money.

The poly is a beautiful resort the rooms are large and it is on the monorail. It's my favorite resort and its quiet.

Thanks. keep the answers coming!! We loved the poly this year but I am worried about the construction that is supposed to happen there next year :(

I would go with Contemporary Magic Kindom view. The convenience of a short walk to and from the MK with youngsters and oldsters is worth a lot. Being able to take anytime breaks and go back to the resort is so easy. You can even split up easily with some going back to the resort and others staying at the MK because there is no transportation to navigate. Also, with young and older ones if they are tired you can be back in your room in the evening and catch the fireworks from there. JMHO:)

wdwjeffc37 said:
I would go with Contemporary Magic Kindom view. The convenience of a short walk to and from the MK with youngsters and oldsters is worth a lot. Being able to take anytime breaks and go back to the resort is so easy. You can even split up easily with some going back to the resort and others staying at the MK because there is no transportation to navigate. Also, with young and older ones if they are tired you can be back in your room in the evening and catch the fireworks from there. JMHO:)

Me too!I'm in almost the same boat as you. We're going in October with dd 5, ds 3, and dd 22 months. We reserved a tpv at CR:)

I would go with CR Magic Kingdom view as first choice and Poly as second.
I have not stayed at PR but, have heard great things about it. We did stay at CR with MK view and it was spectacular. Looking out the window and seeing the MK or sitting on balcony getting ready to go over was awesome.

Thanks for the opinions everyone. Am really torn still. Debating split stay actually.

Keep opinions coming!

Thanks for the opinions everyone. Am really torn still. Debating split stay actually.

Keep opinions coming!

I would pick the CR tpv.... With the ages of your kiddos I think it would be great to be able to come and go from MK by foot with a stroller. Also if kids are tired you can watch fireworks from your room.
Of course, that being said, there is no bad choice. :-)

I would pick the CR tpv.... With the ages of your kiddos I think it would be great to be able to come and go from MK by foot with a stroller. Also if kids are tired you can watch fireworks from your room.
Of course, that being said, there is no bad choice. :-)

Thanks. I know they would love the view from the room just wondering if they will like the resort as much as the poly.

I'd pick the Poly, because I think being able to watch the fireworks from the pool while your kids swim is a great thing!

I picked Cont MK view. The kids will love seeing the castle from the room. Also even though I'm not grandparent yet I think if my daughter was in the park and say one child was done for the day, it would be nice if I took child back and we sat on patio to watch fireworks or the monorail go around or if the child is down for the night it would be nice sitting out and watching the park and hearing the music.

Look at me spending your money! I picked CR with a MK view. If it's a first trip, and the finances are there, I say go all the way!

Lol. It is our first week stay onsite doing all the parks and according to DH it will be last trip for a while. He wants to go other places :(

So my thinking is to go all out too! I am contemplating split stay if room only discount is offered and better than free dining. But for free dining it won't be economical to do split stay so that's my dilemma.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter