Help save Tower of Terror.

I thought I just read elsewhere about someone who tried this and more. Got a response back from Disney powers saying (I'm paraphrasing obviously) "We love your enthusiasm, but we're doing GotG whether you like it or not." It's always worth fighting for what you believe in, but you know how things go in life. It's been announced. It can't fall through now.

I thought I just read elsewhere about someone who tried this and more. Got a response back from Disney powers saying (I'm paraphrasing obviously) "We love your enthusiasm, but we're doing GotG whether you like it or not." It's always worth fighting for what you believe in, but you know how things go in life. It's been announced. It can't fall through now.

Actually, wasn't there a Toy Story musical announced to replace Aladdin back in 2010 or so? And didn't they back off of it?

That said, I'm still pretty sure ToT is a goner. They probably have a warehouse full of GotG merchandise ready to move. Sigh.

Thought they were ready to shut it down imminently to start construction in which case all parts will be ordered.

Hasn't this ship sailed?

It might not do any good but then again it might make the bean counters run Disney think twice before they take away much loved attractions and replace them with marvel crap.

Actually, wasn't there a Toy Story musical announced to replace Aladdin back in 2010 or so? And didn't they back off of it?

That said, I'm still pretty sure ToT is a goner. They probably have a warehouse full of GotG merchandise ready to move. Sigh.
First off it was not a fan patition that got Aladdin a reprieve, it was when Disneyland entertainment did not believe all the negitve feed back that DCL guest have given Toy Story they went on a cruise on. The Wonder and when they came back, Aladdin was staying. How do i know this, I personally know someone who was sent the the Disney Wonder just for this reason and they told me the above story. As for saving the Tower, I have to say, I am not on board. Being a fan of TOT I was thrilled when they said it was coming to DCA. After going on the DCA version, let just say I was les. Then enthusiastic about ever wanted to go on it again. Such a inferior version to its FL cousin. So anything they can do to breathe life into for me I am on board. Now I will say this , I am a fan of absolutely nothing Marvel, but in this case I don't care because I hate the DCA version of TOT.

I've always had the feeling that as long as they don't touch POTC or HM then Disney can do/change whatever they want. But that's because those are special to me. I understand that ToT is special to others and I can't imagine what a bummer this must be for them. I wish you luck! I'm going to sign it, not because it's special to me, but because it's special to many others and I'd be so depressed if anything happened to my favorites.

Now if it was Autopia, you'd be out of luck! :duck:

First off it was not a fan patition that got Aladdin a reprieve, it was when Disneyland entertainment did not believe all the negitve feed back that DCL guest have given Toy Story they went on a cruise on. The Wonder and when they came back, Aladdin was staying. How do i know this, I personally know someone who was sent the the Disney Wonder just for this reason and they told me the above story. As for saving the Tower, I have to say, I am not on board. Being a fan of TOT I was thrilled when they said it was coming to DCA. After going on the DCA version, let just say I was les. Then enthusiastic about ever wanted to go on it again. Such a inferior version to its FL cousin. So anything they can do to breathe life into for me I am on board. Now I will say this , I am a fan of absolutely nothing Marvel, but in this case I don't care because I hate the DCA version of TOT.

I don't think this has to do with the DCA version being "inferior". I think they'd be doing the exact same thing at DHS right now if there wasn't so little to do in that park already. I think even Disney realizes they can't close another ride there and expect people to keep going.

I love the ToT...but I'm willing to concede the DCA version (but NEVER the DHS version) if it means they will build more stuff in the rumored Marvel Land behind it. They have to follow through though. Personally, I would prefer that if they were going to lose the Twilight Zone theme at all that they went with the Hightower story used in the Tokyo version instead of GotG. In fact, if it had to be a Marvel property I'd prefer Dr. Strange to GotG as it just suits the tower better. So, while I would prefer they just leave it alone, I can accept the plan here and maybe it'll lead to even better things,

I don't think this has to do with TOT being inferior either. I think Marvel Land is coming and this is step 1.

DHS won't get it because they don't have the Marvel rights in Florida.

Hmmm. I remember a few of us getting skewered on another post because our opinion of saving the TZToT "didn't represent anyone else". But according to this petition, there's over 30K people who agree - Twilight Zone Tower of Terror should stay.

I do wish that Disney would listen. Instead of going with GotG, give the current version all the tech upgrades the Orlando version has received over the decades. But they won't. Marvel is a cash cow and they're going to milk it. I like Marvel a lot (though GotG is just ok for me) and look forward to more Marvel at the parks. But not at the expense of my favorite ride at DCA. I'm sure that I won't hate the new version, but I'm sure the TZ version will ALWAYS be my favorite.

You do realize how easy it is to fake signatures on those change.org stuff? Also 30k versus how many people annually come to disneyland? That's what, 2 days of turnstile clicks for attendance purposes between both parks.

I don't think this has to do with TOT being inferior either. I think Marvel Land is coming and this is step 1.

DHS won't get it because they don't have the Marvel rights in Florida.

I think it's more complex than total rights. I found a redacted version of the contract, which was filed with the SEC. It was probably some antitrust requirement.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1262449/000119312510008732/dex1057.htm

There are rumors of Disney negotiating to buy back all rights. The rights that Universal has may be limited to certain characters that were specifically licensed or used. The gist I get is that they don't have total rights to anything and everything Marvel. The following says Guardians of the Galaxy characters have been seen at WDW. Baymax is doing appearances to from what I heard.

http://attractionsmagazine.com/rumo...-universal-orlandos-marvel-super-hero-island/

They might not get a complete Marvel Land, but there seem to be characters they can use. I don't think they can use the Marvel logo though. This is something for the lawyers to sort out.

You do realize how easy it is to fake signatures on those change.org stuff? Also 30k versus how many people annually come to disneyland? That's what, 2 days of turnstile clicks for attendance purposes between both parks.

They average more than 44K per day just at Disneyland.

Ok, so skews the % even lower then. Also people seem to forget, and this is in everything from social rights to politics, to everything in between. The most vocal group does not automatically make them the majority.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter