• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! Ride configuration...

klitteral2009

Mouseketeer
So we are a family of 5. DH, Myself, and DD's 12, 6, and 4. Height wise my 6 and 4 year olds can ride most everything (after checking height requirements on the website) but I just wonder how we're all going to be able to ride. If we ride something as a group, could my DD 12 ride with one of her younger sisters on some things so she wouldn't always be the one riding by herself? I know last year we had some issues with her accompanying her sister without me present (on Barnstormer really). I just wondered if anyone had experience with this type of thing?

So we are a family of 5. DH, Myself, and DD's 12, 6, and 4. Height wise my 6 and 4 year olds can ride most everything (after checking height requirements on the website) but I just wonder how we're all going to be able to ride. If we ride something as a group, could my DD 12 ride with one of her younger sisters on some things so she wouldn't always be the one riding by herself? I know last year we had some issues with her accompanying her sister without me present (on Barnstormer really). I just wondered if anyone had experience with this type of thing?

Others might have better answers for you. But I know that on our last trip my son was 6 and he was there with some of his friends and he wanted to ride some rides with them, and I'm talking about Buzz Lightyear. And all he wanted to do was ride with his friend and his dad and I would be in the car right behind them. But we were told that he had to be 8 to not ride with an adult. At least I think it was 8 or maybe it was 7, can't remember for sure. I just know that he wasn't old enough. That is just our experience. Maybe others will have better news for you.

Children under 7yo are generally required to ride with others who are at least 14yo. I think the OP is in a tough situation and sympathize.

Are you sure your DD isn't 7? I think you forgot a birthday.

when we went last trip it was me, DH and kids 8, 7, and 4.

Sometimes DS 8 rode alone

Sometimes I rode with one kid and the 8 and 7 year old rode together and DH rode alone - and sometimes I rode alone.

on a few rides dh or I rode with 2 kids and the other rode with the third child (HM, Nemo, LM, etc)

Children under 7yo are generally required to ride with others who are at least 14yo. I think the OP is in a tough situation and sympathize.

That's correct. I saw a situation in May on TSM where a mom was with an 8 year old and 5 year old. They would not allow the 8 year old and 5 year old ride together on one side of the car. The 5 year old had to ride with the mom.

when we went last trip it was me, DH and kids 8, 7, and 4.

Sometimes DS 8 rode alone

Sometimes I rode with one kid and the 8 and 7 year old rode together and DH rode alone - and sometimes I rode alone.

on a few rides dh or I rode with 2 kids and the other rode with the third child (HM, Nemo, LM, etc)

Unfortunately for the OP, their kids' ages are different enough from yours to where they don't have the options you did.

Assuming they follow the guidelines, the 12yo will necessarily have to ride alone on some attractions when all 5 ride together.

Thanks for all the sympathy and suggestions ;) I guess we'll just roll the dice and see what happens in January. At least we're all together this time! Last year was hard because DD was only JUST 3 and pretty short so we split up a lot of the time so the bigger kids could ride what they wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter