Help! - Restaurant suggestions - Hilton Head

Tanya

Mouseketeer
Hello - I've been trying to gather info for our May trip to Hilton Head. I guess we are mostly going to relax on the beach/pool but I would like suggestions from others on what to do/see?..... Also, restaurant suggestions please!!!! I have seen Old Oyster Factory and the Salty Dog mentioned alot. It will be Hubby, myself - both 37. Kids will be 5 and just shy of 2. Also - my parents.

Thanks! :teeth:

There's a very nice place that doesn't advertise much, but locals and "those in the know" love it. Very nice ambience, upscale southwestern fusion cuisine...it's called "Santa Fe". It's an especially nice value at lunchtime. We also like the Jazz Corner at Village at Wexford, which has very nice jazz nightly, most nights with no cover. And they have coupons. Maybe you and your parents can take turns watching the lil ones to be able to enjoy nights of jazz and classy surroundings. (They often have coupons...watch for coupon deals in the various island publications catering to tourists.)

We liked Captain's Seafood. Also, we've heard good things about Hudson's, but haven't been there-yet. Glad to hear a recommendation for the Jazz Corner. That's on our list to try this coming trip.

I will keep the Jazz place in mind.... Hopefully I will gather enough information by the time I need it.

When we were there last year, there was a free restaurant guide available at HHI which lists over 100 restaurants (including their menus) located on or near the island. They should have the guide available at the frond desk at HH (if not, they are in boxes in front of grocery stores and restaurants all over the island). I does not really help ahead of time, but still great for planning meals out.

Are Hudson's and the Old Oyster Factory owned by the same people?.... They both look good to me! :teeth:

We have ate at both Hudson's and the Old Oyster Factory and both were very good.

If you like Barbeque, we always eat one meal at Stickey Fingers. It is a sit down restaurant with chicken, ribs, etc. My wife and I usually get the ribs for 2 ($24.99 if I recall). It includes 4 different types of ribs, baked beans and coleslaw.

We also always make the trip to Savannah (about 1 hour) to eat at Lady and Sons. It is owned and operated by Paula Deen (she has a show on the food network). You can have either the buffet (this is what we do) or order off a menu. It is home cooking like fried chicken, fresh vegetables and the buffet includes dessert.

Hope this helps.

My wife and I were quite partial to a place called Kenny B's French Quarter Cafe. If you like cajun cooking, you'll probably be pleasantly surprised. Not a very big place, but very tasty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter