• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! Restaurant advice needed asap!

mistaroo

<font color=blue>A vacation isn't a vacation witho
Hello everyone,

Which is the best and most "Disney-esque" restaurant for adults in DCA, Downtown Disney, or Grand Californian (really anywhere just not DL).

I need some restaurant advice and fast! My husband is on business in LA and has convinced some co-workers into an evening trip to DCA tomorrow. My dh is a total WDW fanatic but his coworkers aren't. He wants to take them to a Disney restaurant to introduce them to the Disney magic. They are all rocket scientists (but not too stuffy) so a character meal is definitely not what they want. Good theme, good food, and some Disney magic are an order for them. My dh is hoping to make a Disney fanatic out of at least one of them, but since he's only ever been to WDW, he doesn't know where to go.

Where should they go to eat? Which restaurant do you think will best represent the Disney experience? Help!!!!!!!

Thanks for your input!
Mistaroo
:)

We enjoy Catal's in Downtown Disney for more of an upscale meal. It's not very "Disney" but has good Italian food, good service and is right in the heart of Downtown Disney (which has free parking and you won't have to pay for park admission). During the summer Downtown Disney has a lot of "street performers" so it's a fun place to walk through. However, it's not very "Disney" as there aren't the characters around. You can call this number for a reservation at any Disney restaurant:

Disneyland Priority Seating Reservations 714-956-6755. Have fun!

:D

I've heard very good things about Napa Rose at the Grand Californian. I've eaten at Story Tellers Cafe and it was very good, not as fancy as Napa. Hook's Pointe at DLH is also supposed to be very good.

Napa Rose is suppose to be good. Storytellers cafe at the Grand Californian is good. We really Liked Hook's Point at the Disneyland Hotel and my boss loves Granville's Steakhouse also at the Disneyland Hotel.

Drinks in the lobby of the Grand Californian. They can sit near the fireplace and listen to the pianist. Then onto dinner at Napa Rose. If he can make reservations, ask for a seat near the window and they will be able to look into DCA.

Definitely Napa Rose! We were there for the 5th time a couple of weeks ago--impeccable service (thanks, Poe!) and delicious food in a wonderful atmosphere.

He should definitely take them into the Grand Californian even if only for a drink. Maybe they'll react as someone else I know did and say "Disney did THIS?" ;)

Thanks for the great suggestions!! My husband is going to propose they all go to Napa Rose as first choice, Storyteller's as second choice. He hopes to make at least one Disney convert among the group!

Thanks again for your fast, great advice.
Mistaroo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter