Help! Reservations seem impossible to get for Nov 2015

I'm going the 13-21 as well. I really don't think it'll be insane. I've gone during spring break in March and I didn't think it was that bad. If it's less crowded then that week, I'll be happy.
I hope you are right! This is our first time and the lack of dining times is really throwing me!

I got almost everything I wanted this morning, including BOG, Ohana, H&V. They are definitely holding back reservations at Epcot after Thanksgiving; only 3 places showed any dinner availability. Didn't get Ohana on Thanksgiving like I wanted, but got it a few days later. The online system is incredibly frustrating though, ugh!

I don't normally do this, but I'm desperate. My Mother In-Law's 60th birthday happens to fall on Thanksgiving this year and she has asked that we all go to MK for the day and BOG for Dinner. She tasked me with getting the dinner and 180 for us doesn't come up till tomorrow, can someone tell me if there are any BOG dinner times available for 11/26 please? I'm hoping one will fall through the cracks till tomorrow.

I hope you are right! This is our first time and the lack of dining times is really throwing me!

It's crazy because we went at a fairly busy time in March '13 but were able to get a 8:05 AM CRT reservation well past 180 days. This time I can't get ANYTHING at CP or BOG and it's supposed to be much lower crowds.

I've just decided not to sweat it. I secured the majority of reservations i wanted, just had to be a bit flexible with my times. My plane tickets are booked, so I'm locked in for my dates. Hopefully military discounts will be announced in July and I can upgrade to a deluxe resort. Either way, I'm going to be at Disney!

Last year we went to Disney at the end of August/beginning of September. We booked only 3 1/2 months out and started looking for dining reservations. We had absolutely no problem getting Ohana at 5, Crystal Palace at 8, and Chef Mickey's around 8. This time, I am looking 5 months in advance and finding none of those restaurants open at all! I sure hope they do hold back some of the reservations and that is why there is currently no availability!

When we went in November 2013, I was blissfully unaware of all the fuss of getting the "best" ADRs 180 days out. I had 2 months to plan the trip. We got Tusker House, 1900 Park Fare, Akershus, 50's Primetime, Yak and Yeti, etc. Maybe not all the "must-do's" but we were really happy with what we got. Don't get frustrated because you didn't get what you wanted. Try back in a few months, because you KNOW there will be cancellations, or take a chance and explore some other places. That is my $.02 and of course for this trip I had my spreadsheet with all my first choices and backups, but, you know ;)

I'm struggling a bit with November reservations too! a good friend has talked before about wanting to visit the World (she's never been). Well we just got back from a trip, got a good pin code deal, and decided we should all go again. Our trip overlaps with free dining but we aren't benefiting from it (we get in on the 7th), which is a little bit frustrating. the first thing I did was make some back-up reservations. But some places high on our list are completely booked, 5 1/2 months in advance. I'm really hoping its a mix of Disney not releasing everything at once and Disboarders holding things to decide for a little bit.

Even more than in the unavailability of reservations, I am disappointed in the way Disney is handling the whole thing. I get the feeling that Disney doesn't want me to spend my money with them, and that is fine, but I doubt that is the truth. They know their website can't handle the traffic it gets, they should anticipate larger than normal demand for restaurants, but they do nothing to help that, and then tell me it isn't their fault when I am logged on at 6 am but still can't make reservations.

This is absolutely crazy. I'm a bit late to the game as I just booked our November trip this morning, but I wasn't able to book a single ADR for the 7-15. There was availability at some restaurants, but nowhere I'd consider eating. I've booked last minute (as in less than two weeks out) trips in the height of summer and over Christmas and had better luck securing dining reservations!

No BOG this morning as I figured, man I hate the way Disney does ADR's now. Gotta keep trying constantly now in the hopes of snagging one for my MIL's 60th birthday.

Question for everyone - I was able to get a reservation for 4 for CRT, but would love to have it be 6 (so dad and brother can come). Anyone know if disney ever accommodates 1 or 2 more people upon checking in?

Question for everyone - I was able to get a reservation for 4 for CRT, but would love to have it be 6 (so dad and brother can come). Anyone know if disney ever accommodates 1 or 2 more people upon checking in?
From what I have heard, trying to be seated with more people than you made the reservation for will not be successful. Especially for a popular / prepaid meal like CRT. Why don't you just keep checking for a table for 6?

I'm hoping ADRs are easier to get closer to the date. We usually only book 2 or 3 months in advance, and always go late Oct/Nov and don't seem to have that much trouble getting reservations at even popular places.

This year we actually planned ahead so I was able to book 180 days out. Got everything except BOG lunch, since I forgot to check the forums to see if they were still doing lunch FPs so I didn't bother booking :rolleyes:. I'm hoping it'll be like my last two trips and it'll get better close to the date.

No BOG this morning as I figured, man I hate the way Disney does ADR's now. Gotta keep trying constantly now in the hopes of snagging one for my MIL's 60th birthday.

We will be there from 11/20-11/29 and I could only get a Boma dinner on 11/28.
I would say find something else for Thanksgiving dinner before everything is gone and just get dinner for BOG when you can. Good luck!

We often go in November during free dining and do deluxe so last year and this one, I've had the 'fun' of booking 3 character meals a day. Around the 60 day mark when fastpasses make everyone change their plans and people cancel or pay the fees lots of options open up. They might not be exactly what you want exactly when you want them, but we all should be fine if we keep trying.

There's also a lot of scrambling the day before when you're there so you might get lucky if you have a smaller party.

Also, lots of Turkey Day options open up closer to the date so if you didn't get what you want, hang in there.

Man, it's ugly out there. My parents check in on thanksgiving, we check in Saturday so I was able to go thru my mom's account today to see what's out there for Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Depressing!!!! I was able to get a large party reservation for Be Our Guest Sunday for lunch, but I couldnt get the Fantasmic H&V for Monday and there was almost nothing for epcot Saturday night. Not even for two people. I'm hoping some of that is the same issue others have had with the Epcot restaurants and that they will open up a little more in the next few weeks.

What's worse is how S L O W and glitchy the site is. Half the time it told me it couldn't check for dining at the time.

Can someone answer a question for me. I don't know if this is because of such low availability, but no matter what meal or size party I checked for, I was only offered one time window when the availability came up. Is that standard or just an indication of full restaurants? I was shocked when I would input lunch and each restaurant would have only one time available (and usually something ridiculous like 10:45 or 3:20).

Can someone answer a question for me. I don't know if this is because of such low availability, but no matter what meal or size party I checked for, I was only offered one time window when the availability came up. Is that standard or just an indication of full restaurants? I was shocked when I would input lunch and each restaurant would have only one time available (and usually something ridiculous like 10:45 or 3:20).

If you are checking on the Ap there are fewer choices. Also on the website by mobile device. I usually see more choices when checking on the computer. At least that has been my experience. Also, try checking a time, say 6 for dinner or 11:30 for lunch. Try a couple of different times. And good luck.

Thanks Marthachick, I will try. I was using the safari app on my iPad. I did try on a laptop but now it will only allow me to select dates up to the Tuesday before thanksgiving. I swear, the disney site is the unhappiest place on earth!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter