• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! Reservations seem impossible to get for Nov 2015

Look at the size of this thread! Clearly a big issue. Hoping it gets resolved quickly. Still can't figure out why Disney can't hire a top notch IT team, for cryin' out loud. Unacceptable!

Is everyone looking for the same ADR's?:confused3 Ohana BOG CP Cali Grill CRT?? It is quite possible that these are booked up isn't it?:eek: I booked Jersey week with no issues but there is no Free Dining offered that week. I don't wanna be a Debbie downer but the only time I saw reservations released was for BOG when they decided to open up the 3rd section of the restaurant for Dinner and I was able to snag a ressie. As far as the less popular restaurants or the easier Ressies, i.e. Raglan Road are you sure they are all Disney Restaurants? THE Boathouse shows no availability but when I called the restaurant directly I got what I wanted. I really do wish all of you good luckpixiedust: and hope you all get what you want, we are a dedicated group here on the DIS:disrocks: and you should subscribe to the cancellation board for November it is a great resource
The weird thing is I put in all of mine his morning and not only got the times I wanted, but seemed to have many choices of times for the 6 of us. We got he big hard to get ones at the beginning of our trip:confused3 lLike I said, it seems so weird that certain weeks are having issues. I just booked thanksgiving week with no issues, and we have free dining, so I can't be the only one who took advantage of checking in on the 19th to get FD that week. I'm really hoping that the system was just glitchy and those trying days ago have times open up, it just doesn't make sense.

I was able to get most everything we wanted this morning. I had to change ours days around a bit. I found the website slow and only got an error message once, but that reservation still booked even though I got an error. I did have my husband signed on too, so we just went down the list. I did have trouble with our first day 11/20 for breakfast, no CRT or CP. I did get BOG, CP dinner, Ohana dinner and breakfast, H&V breakfast, 1900 Park Fare breakfast, Coral Reef lunch, CRT breakfast (not the day I wanted), Mama Melrose fantasmic dining. No Raglan Road the whole trip (i will call t see if I can get something) and I am waiting for LTT to open up. I was worried the system wouldn't after reading all the reports, maybe they have started fixing the problem.

I booked at 180+10 for Nov 12-19, was able to get BOG lunch, CP dinner, Ohana dinner, Akershus dinner. H&V, Coral Reef, Chef Mickey ressies also (but not dates/times I wanted).

Could not get 1900 Park Fare dinner at all though.

We're nearly 1 week out from my 180 days, and I'm STILL looking for 1 last ADR. Whispering Canyon November 14th 5:30-6:30 for dinner. GAH!! So frustrating.

I just tried to book a character breakfast, any time, for 1900 Park Fare on November 19th. Nothing. Then I expanded my search to any character dining breakfast, and the only thing available was Cape May Cafe. Crazy.

I find it crazy that on November 16, the only restaurants in DHS that have availability during Lunch and/or Dinner are 50's prime time cafe and HBD. Either the park is going to be crazy busy or Disney is messing with us!

Having the same issue for DHS that entire week. We're not set to any days as of yet and every day the whole park is booked. I have to assume it's still a glitch.

Stayed up until midnight last night to start booking the 180 ADRs. Only for the website to give me errors until past 12:30am, so I gave up.

If I were to book a hotel room for 1 night on our first night there, do i still get to take advantage of the 180+10? Or is it dependent on how many nights you book?

While I'm not specifically looking for a throwaway room or to cancel just for the ADRs, we are contemplating staying our first few nights on-property once the passholder dscount is released (if at all). But we do want to solidify ADRs now if possible.

Disappointed to say we couldn't get anything we wanted at 6am online or at 7am via phone today, even splitting our group of 8 into sets of 4. :(

If I were to book a hotel room for 1 night on our first night there, do i still get to take advantage of the 180+10? Or is it dependent on how many nights you book?

It is only open for the number of nights you have on your registration onsite.

Earlier in the week I sent an email to guest services expressing my frustration and disappointment and got a call today. The woman didn't even have a basic understanding of the reservation system. I had to explain when reservations could be made and she disagreed saying you cannot make ADRs online at 6:00am EST. I am starting to lose faith if this is their idea of customer service.

I have made several phone calls regarding the dining issues and lack of reservations and have spoken with supervisors at Dining, Reservations, and Guest Services. I have been given bogus excuses from a couple of CMs at Dining such as, "It's always this difficult to book dining. Disney doesn't have an off season anymore," but I feel like I was given a more much legitimate and thorough explanation this afternoon when I spoke with a very nice man at guest services. He said (as some others have also reported on this board) that reservations are being held back due to the fact that the Candlelight Processional dining packages and dates have yet to be announced/finalized. This was only supposed to affect some TS restaurants in Epcot, but somehow the system malfunctioned and it affected numerous other restaurants in Epcot, along with some restaurants at the other parks. He said he thinks that since numerous reservations have yet to been released for November, people clamored and jumped on any reservation available at other restaurants which, in turn, created a shortage of reservations at restaurants that people normally have very little issues booking at 180 days out plus 10 (like Crystal Palace breakfasts, H&V, etc.) He said Disney realizes this is a HUGE issue, many are mad, they are working to remedy the problem, etc. He also said he does not have an exact date, but they are hoping this will be resolved within about a week, with numerous reservations opening at restaurants where reservations have yet to be released. (He couldn't go into detail as to which restaurants which was frustrating.) This CM also said that he believes the issues with dining has very little to do with Free Dining and more to do with Disney withholding reservations for the Candlelight Processional and the malfunctioning dining system. I received a very similar explanation by a different CM at guest services I spoke with the other day, although it was a bit less detailed.

Although we were able to get a lot of the reservations we wanted (going Nov. 15th to Nov. 22nd) I am still beyond frustrated by this situation not only for myself, but for all the others out there who may have gotten very few of their choices. It's incredibly frustrating this happened and I have spent so much time trying to get the reservations we want, talking with Disney on the phone etc. I really wish all CMs would be informed of everything going on because no I I spoke with at dining said anything even close to what the two people at guest services said! It really should not be this hard and it's utterly ridiculous. I am hoping that when these reservations that are being withheld suddenly become available, that people will pick these up and then cancel their reservations for places they didn't really want in the first place. Maybe a lot of reservations in general will free up and we can all eventually get most of what we want. Here's to hoping right?? : )

Anyway, I just thought I'd pass along this information. This board and the info you all have provided has been so helpful to me these past couple of weeks and I really appreciate everyone who posted about their experiences with this mess!

I'm so glad you took the time to write this out and that the Guest Services Cast Member you spoke with explained the situation to you. Even though dining reservations can be made so many different ways, it boils down to only one system that keeps them all and when I think about how sometimes I have MDE pulled up on my iPad and computer at the same time - how many others are doing that too and with more than just one person per household doing it on several different devices. I suppose technology can only handle so much - frustrating as it can be sometimes.

Sending Pixie Dust to all of you in hopes that your November ADRs are getting squared away!! :flower1:

Stayed up until midnight last night to start booking the 180 ADRs. Only for the website to give me errors until past 12:30am, so I gave up.

While I'm not specifically looking for a throwaway room or to cancel just for the ADRs, we are contemplating staying our first few nights on-property once the passholder dscount is released (if at all). But we do want to solidify ADRs now if possible.

I'm confused. I thought ADRs are always booked at 6am 180 days from first check-in date. Why were you trying the night before?

I'm confused. I thought ADRs are always booked at 6am 180 days from first check-in date. Why were you trying the night before?

Yes, I was going to ask the same thing since ADR's begin at 6am EST.
FP+ is what begins at midnight EST(but only if there are no parks open till midnight-then FP+ opens at 2am EST)

I am staying 15-21 and have had an incredibly hard time getting reservations....and not just CRT and BOG,but almost all reservations. I just hope this isn't an indication of park crowds

I am staying 15-21 and have had an incredibly hard time getting reservations....and not just CRT and BOG,but almost all reservations. I just hope this isn't an indication of park crowds
I have spoken to two guest service cast members, neither of whom seemed very well informed for what that is worth, and they both kept insisting it is just going to be a busy week. However, neither could explain why reservations magically open up for Thanksgiving week which is one of the busiest weeks of the year. The first CM I spoke to blamed the my issues on me for logging on at 6am EST saying that was not the right time and the second said our week (same as yours )is Jersey week (it is not) . I am holding out hope that the answer posted earlier in this thread is what happened though I am disappointed in the low level of guest services I have experienced from Disney through this.

These are almost our exact days (except we are leaving on the 22nd) and I've had a very difficult time getting what we wanted as well. I'm hoping the explanation I was given (and posted earlier in this thread) by a CM at guest services is true. It would explain why reservations are suddenly more plentiful the week of Thanksgiving. (Malfunction in reservation system for first two weeks in November causing many restaurants to not release all the reservations they were supposed to, although some restaurants at Epcot were actually supposed to have held back ADRs.) It would seem illogical for the first two wks in Nov to suddenly become insanely busier than Thanksgiving week, especially when free dining is also being offered in Sept and Oct without as large of scarcities in ADRs. I really think Disney should do something for every single person in this predicament who complains but it's hard finding something on the phone who doesn't make lame excuses. I don't think Disney really wants to admit fault and take responsibility. I've mentioned before I've seen a marked difference in customer service from now versus even when we went less than a year ago in June. It's really sad and frustrating to say the least...

I don't understand the candle light processional excuse when in years past I thought that didn't start until after Thanksgiving??

I really think it has to do with free dining and Disney holding back reservations for some reason. At least I hope so, I picked the week before Thanksgiving for low crowds. Now I'm wondering if I should switch to the 2nd week in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter