• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help--Quick question

DisneyDizzy

Mouseketeer
We want to bring our very large Pop Up to the Fort. Fully popped, it is very long (longer than our friend's TT). There are both full-hookup sites and tent/pop-up sites available for our stay.

I am loathe to fill up a full-hookup site in case someone else needs it as we really don't need the sewer hookup. However, I don't want to try to squish onto a tent-popup site if it isn't big enough.

Are the sizes pretty much the same? Or are the full hookup sites a little bigger?

Thanks!!! :wizard:

P.S. I am so excited!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

We want to bring our very large Pop Up to the Fort. Fully popped, it is very long (longer than our friend's TT). There are both full-hookup sites and tent/pop-up sites available for our stay.

I am loathe to fill up a full-hookup site in case someone else needs it as we really don't need the sewer hookup. However, I don't want to try to squish onto a tent-popup site if it isn't big enough.

Are the sizes pretty much the same? Or are the full hookup sites a little bigger?

One thing is that I think all the full-hookup sites have in addition to the sewer fitting a stainless steel sink with a drain that goes into the sewer where you could dump grey water. Not sure if the partials have this sink fixture with the drain.

I wouldn't worry about taking a full-hookup from someone since almost all the sites both full and partial are used by somebody.

Larry

As another owner of a very large PU, I would suggest a full hook up site. I have a FFT Niagara (12ft box/2 king beds) and on a full hook up sometimes have ftrouble gettin my pick up back far enough.

The tent sites have smalled concrete drives and a larger Coquina crushed shell area (Dsiney sand). While you could back the pop up onto the sand area, I'm really not comfortable with that.

Check out my Fort Wilderness page (link below) for more information.

Now, I have to ask. Why no sewer. Don't you have a sink, shower or cassette toilet in the PU? Disney does not have a dump station and the dumping of gray water on the ground is illegal in Florida. Just asking.....

One thing is that I think all the full-hookup sites have in addition to the sewer fitting a stainless steel sink with a drain that goes into the sewer where you could dump grey water. Not sure if the partials have this sink fixture with the drain.
No, by it's name a partial hook up site is just that "partial" Water/Electric (soon to have cable too) but no sewer.

I have never camped at FW but I would say get the full hookup. It will probably make it easier for you and also you are paying the fee they charge, so no one should complain -JMO.

Candace

Thanks everyone.

I just assumed there was a place to dump our gray water. We have one of those tanks that hooks to the hitch of the truck and when we camp in the state parks for an extended period, we just tow it and dump at the appropriate place. I just figured we would take it to the same place as the tent campers!

I will definitely get the full-hookup site. It would just be easier. We do have a cassette toilet that we use for night-time visits and the shower for our son. I prefer a little more privacy.

Thanks for all the information! :thanks:

To the OP- just so you are fully informed, campers in the partial sites are allowed to empty gray water and cassette potties in the sewer of any unoccupied site. Not real convenient, but it is allowed.

TCD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter