• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help - Quality Inn or Castle Inn???

BlueBayou

Following the magic
Help DISsers please.

I am a DL vet and have stayed on and off site. All three Disney hotels plus HOJO (twice), Camelot (twice) Desert Inn and Suites (twice), Candy Cane Inn, Best Western Park Place Inn, and Tropicana. I would stay at any of these again.

For our October trip my DH suggested using points. A four night stay at the Quality Inn behind the Fairfield Inn near HOJOS or the Castle Inn would be free.

Any other hotel was even further away. Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort, Holiday Inn & Suites on Walnut, and Comfort Inn Maingate on south Harbor were the options.

People with Castle and Quality Inn experience please share.

Thanks in advance.

I posted this pretty late last night - so I am bumping it up hoping somebody can weigh in.

I haven't stayed at either, so take this with a grain of salt. I would pick neither. My mother-in-law has stayed at the Quality Inn. She said the walk was just a bit longer than she would like and the beds were not all that comfortable. She said the room was ok, mostly clean at least, and the breakfast was fine too. For me, I prefer to walk no further than Hojo or Candy Cane Inn, and hotel breakfasts don't work out so well for our family since they often don't start early enough for us to get to the gates as early as we would like (but we go only during weekends and peak season). I have a friend who stayed at Castle Inn; she was not impressed at all. She described the experience as "bearable" and "a place to sleep" but said that she would never bother to stay there again. She is not at all a hotel snob and has stayed at many of the places on Harbor near Disney as well as lots of hotels and motels elsewhere in and out of the country. So these less-than-glowing reviews have always caused me to be unwilling to consider either of these properties for my family.

We stayed at the Quality Inn (on Manchester) last December. It was fine. We did find the walk to be a little long compared to the Desert Inn. We liked the breakfast there (they had hard boiled eggs, yogurt, multiple types of fruit and fresh waffles in addition to standard stuff like cereal, toast and donuts). I would definitely stay there again when going without my parents.

I'd always read such negative reviews about the Castle Inn that I had written it off as a place I wouldn't stay. But then I read a few positive reviews a few months ago that put it on my maybe list. It has a shorter walk than the QI, but all things being equal, I might still choose the QI over it. I mean, I'd have to read enough positive recent reviews to tell me that things had changed.

staying at quality inn oct i think the breakfast sold me and its only 69 a night forth night free from getaway today so im hoping its ok

I would suggest avoiding the Castle Inn at all costs, if you do a search on this forum you'll find a few posts that I've put reviews on, it was the the 2nd worse hotel I've ever stayed in and by far the worst in the DL area. It was terrible, from the rudeness of the staff to the slightly dirty room (that was never addressed), I will never stay there again.

I would suggest avoiding the Castle Inn at all costs, if you do a search on this forum you'll find a few posts that I've put reviews on, it was the the 2nd worse hotel I've ever stayed in and by far the worst in the DL area. It was terrible, from the rudeness of the staff to the slightly dirty room (that was never addressed), I will never stay there again.

Good point. I definitely remember pixiewings71's review. If I absolutely had to choose between the two, I would pick the Quality Inn. I would still be looking for a third option though.

I stayed at Castle Inn in the past & it was okay...nothing special. The room was clean and the staff were helpful. If I had a choice, I would stay at a hotel that is closer to the park or one that offers shuttle services. After spending the whole day in the park, I dreaded having to walk back to the hotel.

I stayed at Castle Inn in the past & it was okay...nothing special. The room was clean and the staff were helpful. If I had a choice, I would stay at a hotel that is closer to the park or one that offers shuttle services. After spending the whole day in the park, I dreaded having to walk back to the hotel.

We stayed at the Castle Inn last September. It was clean and staff were friendly, but the rooms were terribly outdated, the beds were uncomfortable and it was noisy. DH said it looks like a Castle on the outside but something out of 3's Company on the inside. The walk wasn't too bad, but our room was at the very back, so that added another 5 minutes or so especially with waiting for the elevator (we had a double stroller.) the biggest plus to Castle was the price and size of room. For $128 a night we got a 2 room suite with a king bed in he front room and two queen beds in the bedroom.

We are staying at the castle inn right now. It's ok, we had to change rooms because the guest one had a door that wouldn't close properly, our new room had a very strong floral odor that made us all nauseous, we had to call the front desk because the window wouldn't open and we needed to air it out. Then this morning my sister spent half an hour cleaning the dirty coffee pot only to find it was broken anyway. It took almost an hour for them to bring a replacement. When my sister mentioned all of the issues they pretty much blew her off.
Lots of small things, but all together getting annoying. And the beds are hard.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

I have never used points before - but now the Quality Inn is not showing up in a search. I guess I should have booked it last night if I wanted it.

We have stayed at both. we have had a pretty good experience at Castle inn, its where we always stay now for quick cheap getaways. Maybe we have just been lucky so far. On the other hand our experience at the Quality inn on Manchester was the absolute worst experience at any hotel we have ever stayed at anywhere!! So I think its kind of a luck thing at either hotel.

We stayed at the Castle Inn...budget trip only allowed for a budget hotel but we were pleasantly surprised. We didn't find the walk long at all (and that was with a 6 year old, no stroller, doing open to close days) and the staff were really nice. It is basic, but our room which was near the front and not loud, had a view of CA and was really clean and cleaned really well each day (I spilled a bit of oatmeal on the first day and the crumbs were vacuumed up when we returned) We found both the beds and pillow comfy. We'd stay again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter