help pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the OP googled some pictures of gay days at WDW and then decided for herself that she didn't want to go. or, or, just maybe she went to events at the top of the Disboard page, read June events and gay days, and read what Web Master Pete (who is a gay man himself) had to say about it. :eek:

JEEZ the OP asked an innocent question. all this sarcasm, some even admitting it by using the word sarcasm........... nice........ and i get warnings and points for complaining about people who buy extra buns to split double cheeseburgers.

what are these points I keep hearing about?

(i thought i hit my quote button but i did not. this is an answer to the post directly above about what points are) there are people who watch what is posted called moderators. if they dont like what you post they can E-fine you with points. to many points and you cant post here anymore. they actually have guidlines to follow on what is ok and what is not. but they are worthless cause each moderator has their own idea of what is acceptable. so on one board you can get away with murder and on another you get whacked for, well, lets just say some run a tighter ship than others. it is however a very good thing otherwise cussing and swearing and sexual stuff would soon overrun the whole system and drag it down into the pitts.

Maybe the OP googled some pictures of gay days at WDW and then decided for herself that she didn't want to go. or, or, just maybe she went to events at the top of the Disboard page, read June events and gay days, and read what Web Master Pete (who is a gay man himself) had to say about it. :eek:

Maybe you should go to the gay Forum and see what the rest of us think on the subject.

Maybe you should go to the gay Forum and see what the rest of us think on the subject.

No Thanks. I really don't care what anybody thinks about it, to be honest.

If the Disboard Events section on gay days bother people, why don't the Web masters (or whomever runs this Disboard) remove it? I mean, it HAS been there for YEARS informing everybody what it's all about. sorry if you don't like it, but I didn't write it. take it up with whomever runs this board.

If the Disboard Events section on gay days bother people, why don't the Web masters (or whomever runs this Disboard) remove it? I mean, it HAS been there for YEARS informing everybody what it's all about. sorry if you don't like it, but I didn't write it. take it up with whomever runs this board.

I have no idea. I can speak for myself and my complaints have gone unanswered. You’re correct, it has been there for years full of misinformation and downright hostility towards his own community.

If you did not care why bring that up?

I have no idea. I can speak for myself and my complaints have gone unanswered. You’re correct, it has been there for years full of misinformation and downright hostility towards his own community.

FYI little buckaroo's, he of which you speak owns this here whole corral

To inform. :)

I'm no 'homophobe' either but I could kind of put myself in the OP's shoes. Gay days is a celebration of sexual orientation which might lead one to naturally wonder whether they'd more likely see shirt slogans, actions or other things related to sexuality that they'd rather avoid with their kids. Of course there are gay people at WDW every other day and they're not acting any differently than straight people BUT those days aren't designated as a big gathering to celebrate a certain kind of sexuality. Heterosexuality, homosexuality and bisexuality aren't about what you look like, your favorite hobbies, or a love for certain kinds of food. It's about your preference for who you are intimate with.

Also, for those who haven't been to WDW during Gay Days, how else would you know whether it's tame or like a pride parade at many other gay festivals? (Around here anyway, pride parades can get pretty wild and you see some things that aren't exactly G rated or part of everyday life.) You know by asking, which the OP did.

FYI little buckaroo's, he of which you speak owns this here whole corral

So, Web Master Pete OWNS this board? I did not know that.
He obviously paints a different picture of gay days than 99% of the posters here, and if what he says is true, why on earth would anybody want to subject their kids to that kind of behavior? not me. no thank you.
Pete, if you are reading this, thank you for being honest with us about the behavior that gos on in the MK on gay day. as a parent, I appreciate it.

And why does it bother people that some of us want to avoid gay days? it seems like you would be happy with fewer people in the parks, or is it to stick it in as many little kids faces as you can? I mean gay days JUST SO HAPPENS to be right when most kids get out of school on vacations.. perfect timing to condition little minds if you ask me. :teacher:

Now, thats all I have to say about it folks.

I'm no 'homophobe' either but I could kind of put myself in the OP's shoes. Gay days is a celebration of sexual orientation which might lead one to naturally wonder whether they'd more likely see shirt slogans, actions or other things related to sexuality that they'd rather avoid with their kids. Of course there are gay people at WDW every other day and they're not acting any differently than straight people BUT those days aren't designated as a big gathering to celebrate a certain kind of sexuality. Heterosexuality, homosexuality and bisexuality aren't about what you look like, your favorite hobbies, or a love for certain kinds of food. It's about your preference for who you are intimate with.

Also, for those who haven't been to WDW during Gay Days, how else would you know whether it's tame or like a pride parade at many other gay festivals? (Around here anyway, pride parades can get pretty wild and you see some things that aren't exactly G rated or part of everyday life.) You know by asking, which the OP did.

:thumbsup2 Perfectly put! :)

Yes. Watch out for the evil gays! :rolleyes:

Threads like this annoy me. Going to Disney is no different during Gay days than any other day. You will survive. I promise.

I thought this response was ruder than the original question. Perhaps some folks don't want to get into this when they are on vacation with small children because it deals with very complex issues. I think it's really great that Disney has a day for all kinds of families, including gay and lesbian, but I also understand that it makes some people uncomfortable and this question was asked because the writer wanted more details.

I appreciate the other very grown-up and detailed responses that were given. Very classy! Thanks!

I think this thread has run it's course, so I'm going to close it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter