• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help Please!

go2cindys

Earning My Ears
This is my first post to this site; but, I have been lurking to get ideas for our first Disney cruise we took last August. 24th...Yes, right after Fay! And during Fay in the parks.

I am very new to scrapbooking; yet, I enjoyed the retail therapy and have bought a LOTof things, even a Cricut.

I have many photos of my DD from dance recitals to her professional musical theatre career. I want to save those memories.

Right now my biggest project and most urgent is for her DD.

My DGD who is 8 has a project to do for school. She is going to be Red Riding Hood for Halloween. She has 2 little dogs with shirts that say "Big Bad Woof" on them.

We want to make a scrapbook page using the photos of her we take. Obviously, there will be journaling required.

Does anyone have any suggestions on layouts and how to start. We can use large 12x12 sheets; or, I just thought of this, use a smaller album and make it like a story book.

There are woods behind her house for taking pictures and the dogs will love getting into her bed. I'm making nightcaps for them.

It's the getting started that I need help with. Also, she is coming over this Friday to work on it. :confused:

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
:moped: Janet

I would suggest using a smaller album style- maybe 6 by 6- just enough room for a photo and a line of journaling on each page, or an 8 by 8 if you want more room.

What carts do you have for the cricut? Could you cut out items from the story to add into the pictures.

I would have her choose specific scenes from the story to take photos of and then put them in order.

Rebecca

I would suggest using a smaller album style- maybe 6 by 6- just enough room for a photo and a line of journaling on each page, or an 8 by 8 if you want more room.

What carts do you have for the cricut? Could you cut out items from the story to add into the pictures.

I would have her choose specific scenes from the story to take photos of and then put them in order.

Rebecca

I haven't used my Cricit as yet. I only have 2 alphabet carts as of now. I need to get busy and order a couple more. What do you suggest I order? I have dance, theatre, cheerleading, soccer, holiday, vacation photos, kid photos to work with.

Most of the photos I've taken lately are digital. My DSIL is building a laptop with an external harddrive. I want to use that mostly for photos, scrapbooking, etc. He installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 on my current computer; I'll move it to my laptop when it comes.

Yet more things to learn. :confused3

Thanks,
Janet

If you are willing to do the work of them the Paper Dolls cart has some great costumes, depending on the amount of soccer photos their is a soccer mini cart, Stretch Your Imagination is good for year round holidays. I would suggest waiting until someone has a good sale on them before buying a lot.

Rebecca

I love the idea of the story book, with her acting out the scenes...how great is that! I would Title/journal with the computer, and maybe use a few embellishments to dress up the pages. If you got George as a Cricut font, it has some great flowers that I have gotten alot of use out of. I have also used doodlecharms many many times and love it, and there are 2 xmas ones now. But I agree, watch for a sale, as you can spend $$$

As for the dancing themes, do you have a local scrapbook store (LSS)? I've seen some really cute dance themed lazer cuts at mine, and at scrapbook conventions. Might want to try ebay too...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter