• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help please!

Glen76

I am Buzz Lightyear I come in peace!
Hello everyone,
I am travelling to Florida in Feb 2008 with my family and while i'm there its my 1st wedding anniversary. I wanted to take my wife to a disney hotel for 1 night as a present. Can you reccomend a hotel? there are a few things I require though

1) It needs to be really cheap or have an offer on because I dont have a lot of money.

2) do the hotels do anything special for you? eg chocolates/flowers in room?

3) Which hotel is the most romantic (bearing in mind cost, sorry im not usually cheap but my wifes not working anymore due to illness and i need to cut as many corners as possible!!!)

4) What is the best restaurant to take her to (in the whole of Disney)

I know its a lot of questions and i understand everyone has there own views I would just appreciate any help you can give.

Many Thanks!

Hi Glen76;
I think what your trying to plan is awesome... If I had to pick a hotel I would have to choose POR... I think the hotel (mansion side) is so romantic... There are lush gardens everywhere, the lake, the walk around the property is beautiful and its a moderate resort. They have boatrights restaurant in the hotel which isnt expensive but what makes this resort even more special is the carriage ride as well as the bar w/ the piano player (he is very entertaining). The carriage ride is a seperate fee but its not expensive.
Also, whatever hotel you do decide to choose, you can call ahead of time and have a personalized menu for your wife... it will make it that more special! :love:

I hope this helped and have a great time planning! :yay:

I think the most romantic hotels are the Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge. Of those two WL is cheaper. However both hotels are some of the most expensive Disney hotels. The cheapest hotels are POP and the All Stars, which are the least romantic hotels. I agree with the previous poster, in that Port Orleans Riverside is one of the more romantic mid level resorts. I would also suggest Coronado Springs. I think this resort has a very romantic feel.

Coronado Springs Resort:
wdw-resorts-coronado.jpg

Port Orleans Riverside:
dixie001.jpg

For our honeymoon, WL gave us complimentary champagne. Not sure about 1st anniversaries.
Romantic restaurant: Make reservations at California Grill for one hour prior to Wishes (fireworks) at the Magic Kingdom. From this restaurant on the top floor of the Contemporary hotel, you have a spectacular view of the Magic Kingdom. The restaurant dims the lights during the fireworks.

The value resorts are cheap but IMHO have NO romantic feel they run about $80 ($US).... Since you need to be budget conscious I would not suggest the Deluxe as those run between $200 - $375 ($US) a night... I would agree with Port Orleans Riverside (Mansion Houses), I believe this is about $150 ($US).

For the special touches, when you book the room you can let them know that it is your first anniversary.... this doesn't gaurantee anything but some people have experienced a little extra pixie dust pixiedust: from doing this.

There is a florist that you can order from as well as baskets and such and have them delivered to the room. :flower3:. You might want to pick up a bottle of wine or champagne (without your wife knowing) and bring it along... You will probably be able to get it cheaper off property than on....

Restaurant... hmmmm.... Are you going to have passes for Disney???? If not then you will be limited to the restaurants in the resorts and Downtown... If you have tickets IMO Cinderella's Royal Table (it is buffet, but what is more magical than eating at the Castle????:cloud9: )... If you don't have tickets I would suggest Portobello Yacht Club or Bongo's (Gloria Estefan's Restaurant). But restaurants are very subjective... what one considers romantic another might not.... I would suggest checking the menus out at a few places and checking the prices that might give you a better idea where you would want to go.

Ah...Love is in the Air...:love:

I agree with Port Orleans, but I think either POR mansions or POFQ. Both are great and both have the boat to Downtown Disney.

Having stayed at POR for both my honeymoon and 1st anniversary, I would say POR. Plus you are going in February, as long it is the first half of February, you should be able to enjoy the Value Season price.
I highly suggest the Carriage Ride as well. We did this on our first night of our honeymoon. It is very romantic. It costs about $40 (US). You will need to book this in advance. If you do decide on POR, you will need to request the Mansion side if you want it to be more romantic.

I hope you have wonderful time!!

I also vote for Port Orleans Riverside it is very romantic and a moderate priced hotel , not the cheapest not the most expensive. Once you book and decide on the restaraunt you will want to book your dining reservations immediately calling disney dining. some places book up 180 days in advance.
you will also want tickets to the park or parks if you are doing more than one.
try reading the various threads on here and learn about the resorts that way.

I Also agree with POR (Mansions) or POFQ. They both are lovely and have the boat to Downtown Disney. There are some good restraunts down in DD such as Wolfgang Pucks (you can do the upstairs which is ritzier and more expensive, but honestly we loved our meal in the lower sections and it was our anniversary). The boat ride to DD is so lovely and romantic.

In February you should be able to find a discount on a room. Try AAA rate now once you decide. Also places like Expedia also usually have some discounts. Keep checking here for the discounts as the next round out should be for February!

Be sure to note the anniversary when making the reservation.

If you wife has illness does she require special accomodations? WL is a lovely resort if you can swing it with a good discount.

Also, you might be able to rent one night at the Boardwalk Villas or Beach club villas depending on when in February you would be going. If you are able to rent during a Sunday through Thursday night you can get a Studio at these DELUXE hotels for about or less than POR depending on discounts out. IT is a whole other thing, but something to consider! Probably lots of rentors that might need to get rid of a few left over points and can sell for a cheap price.

Another vote for POR...we had a fantastic stay there. Make sure you note on your reservation that it is your 1st wedding anniversary. Check out the code/rate section of this board..there are discounts available but I think the 3rd week in Feb is a school holiday for may schools. If you are going in the 4th week(we are too) you might get a little lucky. Also please check on the UK board since they have different programs than we have. Good luck and I hope you have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter