• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help please! Updated 6/29

tkyes

We just got back from Sun. school and our lesson today was about doing kind things for others without expecting anything in return. I thought it would be appropriate to bring up how all these people got involved so quickly and pooled their resources to help your friend. It goes to show that there is still goodness and kindness and love left in this world. God has a way to make all things work.

Originally posted by jimmytammy
tkyes

We just got back from Sun. school and our lesson today was about doing kind things for others without expecting anything in return. I thought it would be appropriate to bring up how all these people got involved so quickly and pooled their resources to help your friend. It goes to show that there is still goodness and kindness and love left in this world. God has a way to make all things work.

Adding my two cents...I started the Mickey SOS program back in 1996, and DVC members have continued to be the most generous people I've ever encountered. My first online friends were from the AOL DVC boards, and for what they couldn't send in soap, they made up for in stickers, markers, notepads, beanie babies...the support was tremendous. Our first Boston "bagging party" yielded 25 goodie bags and we were thrilled. Our last yielded 429 - over 5000 bags now in total. There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not amazed at how kind people can be.

Way to go, Diane and Tkyes! I've been watching this thread, and I'm so glad it all came together. I wasn't surprised though. :D

I'm sorry that I missed this. My phone lines were accidentally severed on Thursday during a driveway install, and I didn't have my computer line back until yesterday. Since we were going away for the weekend, I didn't get to check the board until now.

I just want to say how deeply touched I am by the generosity shown by all of you. You're wonderful.:D

I am on the phone as I type this reserving the first 3 nights of the trip!!!
boldlblue.gif

Again, the folks on the DIS show what big hearts they all have. This is really wonderful. So nice to see folks like Tamie, Diane and Debbie jump in to get the ball rolling, and then others helping to bring it to fruition. Wonderful!!!!! :sunny:

Hi Diane,

If you need to reach me during the day my e-mail is paula.gauthier.ncmail.net

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Thanks to Laurabearz, fjk2, and jimmytammy, for adding to my donated points!!! We now have all 5 days booked!!!

SO I am asking my fellow DVCrs want to help me stock the fridge for the family.

Milk, juice, bread, eggs, cheese, cereal, frozen pizzas, Ice cream, water bottles, fruit....... that sort of thing.

:bounce:PM me if your interested. :bounce:

diane, that is great! I'm so glad every one was able to come together and help. I wish I had been able to help out but unfortunately my points are not available until 3/04!! Maybe I can in another way.

BTW, I have known Tamie (tkyes) for over a year and a half from the Community Board and feel I "know" her pretty well. We connected because we were going to be in Disney at the same time ( back in 1/01). While we were there, we wanted to meet each other but were both a little leary back then and never did (What a mistake!). Since then, we have emailed back and forth with each other regarding every day things. Whenever I wanted to share something in my life, I knew I could email her and she would always respond in a positive light.

My point is, that Tamie is a true angel and believe me, the points that all of you have donated will be put to the use they were intended for.

I am ttruely moved and humbled by the generosity and quick action of so many people on this board.

This sort of community organization for a cause it at the heart of being an American. God Bless You All.

Although I was not able to contribute points, I like the idea of stocking the frige.
Can anyone get some park passes donated?

I am admiring all that you are doing. This is so hard to read because all around me right now there seems to be someone who has either passed on, someone else is getting treatment, someone else had cancer return and had surgery or waiting to get tested on again to see if what was left is benign or malignant. Would love to help in stocking up fridge or help in donating toward passes. God Bless you. I know my friend called me her son's surrogate mother because I practically took over with her son while she became a caregiver for her DH.

DisneyDiane, I think I sent Laura a pm - not sure if I sent it to right person. I don't even know if I know how to retrieve a pm to me if one was sent. Please post here if I sent it to wrong person or if I do not respond. (I apologize for not being too computer literate).

Anna.... I got your PM! I will be getting back to everyone who PMd me tomorrow with details!

Thanks so much for helping out!

Does anybody have any news on how things are progressing? Have flights been booked, park tickets purchased. We are just excited to see this family's wishes coming true. Lets keep this post going for awhile.

I know they have 5 nights at OKW booked and are trying to get 4 nights at AKL. Not sure where they are on airline, park tickets, etc.

Polly Ann

I knew about the 5 nights at OKW but wasnt aware of the additional possible stay at AKL. Thats great! Any other info. from anybody, lets keep this thing churning.

I have several people who are helping me with stocking the of fridge at OKW...... SO that part is covered..... We even have enough to send them a speical cake!

If I hear further news I will keep ya'll posted!

DisneyDiane and Laurabearz,

Just got back from OKW and VB late last night and got caught up on the DIS(will be posting a report later today). Sorry I wasn't hear to donate points. If you need anything else just PM or e-mail me and let me know. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter