Help please - planning PANIC

Happy Girl

Earning My Ears
We are leaving on Wednesay and should arrive Orlando at 1 PM. Hopefully, we'll be settled by 4 PM and can visit a park during the evening. I am thinking Magic Kingdom since they are open late that day. We are leaving Sunday at 5:00 PM and so I'm wondering wht is the best plan for our time. We have park hopper passes and are 2 adults. Any help is greatly appreciated - a park plan would make me feel much better.

How many days are your park hoppers valid for? What time are you leaving on Sun.?
We arrive on Wed. too, but we are waiting to go to the park on Thurs. We will leave on Mon morning, so that gives us 4 full park days. We are going to do eat a nice dinner on Wed. night and relax. Then, MK on Thurs, MGM on Fri, AK on Sat, and Epcot on Sun.

How many days are on your hoppers?

How late is the MK open that day? I usually visit when parks close by 8 or 9, so I wouldn't waste hopper pass day for that, but if it's open until 11 or 12, that might work.

Are you using a 5th day on Sunday or trying to choose between Wed. and Sun. for a 4th day?

If we have more info. we might be able to offer some help (or at least an opinion :teeth:

Our park passes will be good from the time that we check into our hotel on Wednesday until midnight on Sunday. Thanks.

Originally posted by Happy Girl
Our park passes will be good from the time that we check into our hotel on Wednesday until midnight on Sunday. Thanks.

Ok - so you're not trying to figure out whether it's worth it to go the the parks for part of a day as I thought. If you're asking in general how to get the most out of your time at the parks, I would recommend get the Unofficial Guide to WDW and do some speed reading in the next couple days. You could do lots of posting and reading here also, but that guide was a big help to me before I found these boards and you can take the book with you and read it on the way.

I believe you can do AK in the morning one day and hit MGM in the afternoon to knock off some of the rides/shows. This will free up time to spend in the parks. Have fun

Nothing like starting your vacation at the Magic Kingdom! At least, that's what we always do first. Hope you have a MAGICAL vacation. :wave:

YES MAGIC KINGDOM IS a great way to start your day!! esp. if open late!

u don't want to miss it!! otherwise go to Animal Kingdom that day since it's a short day bec. u can do it quickly.

then do Magic King. full day on Thursday!

AND U MUST GO TO UNIVERSAL STUDIOS!!!!!::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

Okay this is how we're doing it on UPH's arriving early Wed and leaving late Sun. Since time is short and we're on the silver plan we're using lots of PS's. We're also using a town car service. I suggest staying away from Mears just to be safe. They can take a few hours out of your vacation and we can't afford that. The plan utilizes all the info I could find about historic busy and slow times.

Wednesday 7/14
• arriving Orlando 12:55 p.m.
• Meet Florida Towncar Service, Michael Majors (407-277-5466) at baggage claim $95 + tip & cash
• Check in at Wilderness Lodge Resort (407-824-3200, fax 407-824-3232) before heading to park.
• Purchase e ride night tickets at check in.
• Make check-out arrangements.
• Magic Kingdom 11-41 min travel. Boat w/ green flag goes to MK, w/ blue flag goes to CR.
• Get E ride night wrist bands at City Hall on Main Street
• 6:40 p.m. Character Dinner at Crystal Palace
• 9:00 p.m. Spectromagic Parade
• 10:00 p.m. Wishes fireworks – priority viewing
• 10:00 p.m. park closes
• E – ride night! Rides available are: Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Buzz Lightyear, Haunted Mansion, Astro Orbiter, Tomorrowland Transit Authority, and Country Bear Jamboree

Thursday 7/15
• Epcot – park hours 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. 12-42 min travel. Take the bus to TTC and hop on monorail.
• 1:00 p.m. Lunch at Le Cellier Steakhouse (Epcot WS Canada)
• Take a break – go back to hotel and room. Possibly rent watercraft / go to pool.
• 7:00 p.m. Dinner at Chefs de France (4 wishes)
• 9:00 p.m. laser and fireworks show – priority viewing

Friday 7/16
• Animal Kingdom (early – extra magic hour 8:00 a.m.) park opens 9:00 a.m. 23-51 min travel
• Take the bus to Boardwalk or Swan/Dolphin and catch the boat to MGM
• Light Lunch (no reservation) at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Epcot, or MGM
• MGM in the afternoon 10-34 min travel
• Fantasmic dinner with priority seating.
• 4:00 p.m. Dinner at the Hollywood Brown Derby
• Get Fantasmic vouchers from restaurant
• 5:30 p.m. Parade
• 9:00 p.m. Fantasmic
• 9:00 p.m. park closes

Saturday 7/17
• MGM (early – extra magic hour 8:00 a.m.) park opens 9:00 a.m. 18-48 min travel – bring swim suits
• 12:00 Lunch – 50’s Prime Time Café
• Typhoon Lagoon Water Park all afternoon (hours 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.) 30-73 min travel (consider taxi)
• Downtown Disney for the evening
• Stop by Disney Quest
• Dinner at Downtown Disney
• Planet Hollywood 407-527-7827 ($25 dining per room available 11-6 and 9-close)

Sunday 7/18
• Call bell service to pick up bags from bell service. Don’t need to go to desk to check out.
• Magic Kingdom (early – extra magic hour 8:00 a.m.) park opens 9:00 a.m. 11-41 min travel
• 12:00 p.m. Lunch at Cinderella’s Royal Table
• 2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Spa treatments for girls @ Grand Floridian (407-824-2332) – call by 10:00 a.m. to cancel. Can use health club for the day.
• 2:50 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Parasailing – Sammy Duvall’s @ Contemporary Resort just outside Magic Kingdom. (4 wishes) Contact: Toby. Call 24 hours prior to cancel. 407-939-0754
• Return to hotel (Take the boat from CR with the blue flag) to meet Florida Towncar service by 5:00 p.m. to leave for airport – tip driver.
• depart 7:32 p.m.

I agree - the Magic Kingdom is a must do on the first day!! As for the other days - I am right with you in panic mode!! (I'll try not to hurt anyone as my head spins)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter