Help please.... measurements for a nontraditional FE

beach baby

Mouseketeer
I want to do a nontraditional fe that does not lie flat against the wall and need to know the depth allowance from the wall so that it doesn't stick out too far into the open space. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it! :)

Well, the space you would be blocking is your door to the room so it depends on how much you want blocked. I have seen the hangers that are more of a box style and they went at least 6 inches out from the wall. I don't think I would do more than that as it could interfere with your room being serviced also, but that's just me.

I want to do a nontraditional fe that does not lie flat against the wall and need to know the depth allowance from the wall so that it doesn't stick out too far into the open space. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it! :)
Well, it can't really stick out too far. The little area where the fish holder is is at an angle to the door (like 45 degrees maybe) between the passageway and the door. There's really only the door frame width. I know that I had a fairly flat FE and would still hit it coming in and out the door on occasion.

You can kind of get an idea of the space in this picture:
magic 2008 dcp_1651.jpg

Thank you both for such a quick reply! I knew I could count on dis people to help! I've had a flat fe, but never took notice of the area before it would interfere with our door access. Thank you for the picture! It was very helpful! I've not seen the box kind of fe but I was thinking 6 inches would be about the max. I found the cutest little basket meant for a small child's bike and I so hoped it would work. I thought it would be sturdy to keep things from falling out. The dimensions work for width but was not sure about distance from the wall. Alas, I will probably just stick to my regular flat fe. :(
Thank you both for your help!

What if you ran a little elastic under the seam of your regular FE pocket so it would not flop open when filled? Would that help?

It doesn't look like it in this photo, but ours was pretty poofy - both to the sides and from front to back. We saw some FEs made from Disney tote bags, the shopping kind you can buy at the Disney store, those are pretty big for sure.

Your bike basket sounds adorable! Please post a picture if you decide to use it, ok?

Attachments

• Fish Extender.jpg
    Fish Extender.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 25
It doesn't look like it in this photo, but ours was pretty poofy - both to the sides and from front to back. We saw some FEs made from Disney tote bags, the shopping kind you can buy at the Disney store, those are pretty big for sure.

Your bike basket sounds adorable! Please post a picture if you decide to use it, ok?

That FE is adorable!!! Thank you for the picture! The basket extends 7" from the wall so I may bring it and see how it works, but I'll pack my flat fe as a back up. If it works I will come back and let you know! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter