Help Please!! Driving from CT

TinkHappy

DIS Veteran
We are planning on driving in May from CT. We will be taking I95 down. We would like to stop twice and night "push it". Does anyone have any recommendations where to stop if stopping twice? Thanks!!

Tracy,
I bet AAA would have good answers for that, or MapQuest or Mapsonus.
Wish I could help, but, my idea of driving to FL means driving norht on 91 to Bradley. :)

Tinkhappy, we are gonna drive in April. Plan on stopping once and are shooting for Hardeeville, SC. After resting at night we want to have less than 5 hours to go. Mapquest is helpful:plug in where you are and where you are goin and it will tell you how long a drive it is. This website will tell you where to stop:http://www.usastar.com/i95/homepage.htm

Since we drive from S. Pa. we only stop once--so I can't help with your first stop. But for the second, try the Hampton Inn in Brunswick, Ga. Safe, clean, easy on/off I-95 and walking distance to several restaurants. From there, 4-41/2 hours to WDW

Gail...LOL!! What is with all this snow? Thank you everyone for your help!! Thanks for the web-site.

Tracy,
I have no idea, but I can tell you I am NOT amused. :)
We live on a mountain and we are getting hammered. Ah, but, spring is coming, isn't it?

Hi everyone hope you are all staying warm. We have alot of snow here in NJ. We are going to Universal in March and stopping at a Hampton Inn in Chester VA and then Hampton Inn in Savannah Georgia. We have always stayed at Hampton Inns and are very happy with them. They are clean and reasonable. If you go to Hilton.com and search for Hampton Inn . They have maps to plan out your trip and it also tells you how long it will take from one place to the next. It was very helpful.Looking forward to the warmth and sunshine right now!!!!:sunny:

Okay, Gail, I give up. Where is Bethany? I thought it was in Litchfield County, but now I'm not so sure if you drive north on 91 to BDL. And what mountain is there??

Margaret in Vernon CT

IT IS STILL SNOWING!! :earseek:

maur692 ~ We have always been happy with the Hampton Inn. I tried what you said ton do on Hilton.com and could not find Hampton Inn.

Okay, Gail, I give up. Where is Bethany? I thought it was in Litchfield County, but now I'm not so sure if you drive north on 91 to BDL. And what mountain is there??

It is right outside of New Haven, midway between New Haven and Waterbury.
The mountain is Gaylord Mountain, nothing of note, except when it snows. :)

Thanks, Gail! You would think in a state as small as Conn., I would know these things.

Instead of spending so much time at Disney, I should go on one of those "52 Getaway" trips that they list in Conn's online travel site. Pretty sad that I know more about DW than my own state!

Margaret in CT

Instead of spending so much time at Disney, I should go on one of those "52 Getaway" trips that they list in Conn's online travel site. Pretty sad that I know more about DW than my own state!

You are not alone in that one. There are plenty of places in CT I have no clue about, which, in my line of work can cause some time finding them. :)

Tinkhappy
Try this www.hiltonhhonors.com. You can become a member it is similar to a Loews card. You accumulate points for your stays there. Hilton owns a few chains of hotels so there is a choice. I hope this works for you. Let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter