Help please confused about tickets.

Disneytinker

Mouseketeer
Hi

I was wondering if someone could help please.

I have booked my holiday through Cooprative Travel, and it is a Virgin holiday, so holiday and park tickets are through virgin.

When i booked the holiday we purchased Discovery Cove tickets, but as the tickets did not become available until a later date the cooprative travel used a difference reference number than the rest of our holiday. (hope that makes sense :flower3: )

We received all our paperwork from Virgin on Saturday, but there was no mention of Discovery Cove :confused3 it only mentioned our flight details, hotel, Disney tickets and orlando flexi ticket.

I rang cooprative travel to ask whether confirmation for Discovery Cove will come separately, as it was booked under a different holiday reference number.

They said that i would not receive any confirmation of the booking, and to take the invoice that i got originally to the virgin welcome meeting and then they will give us the tickets. (The invoice just says that i have to pay for the tickets by x date etc)

So my question is, is it normal to have no confirmation at all from Virgin with the official documents that i received on Saturday i.e. an e ticket?

Or do i not get any confirmation and just turn up Discovery Cove and give our names in? Then will they give us the tickets for Bush Gardens, sea world etc.

Sorry if i am making no sense at all :sad2:

p.s. it is just my dd and the inlaws that are going, so we did not get them the Orlando Flexi ticket. For them we got Discovery Cove Ultimate swim,

Thanks for the help

I would not be happy having to goto a welcome meeting to collect tickets, complete waste of a morning. Last time I booked via VH the ticket voucher arrived thru the post to collect from Disney, no-way would I spend time at a welcome meeting.
Do you have to collect all your tickets at the meeting?

I only booked WDW tickets with VH and they were added to the room once we checked in.

I too wouldn't be happy about not getting anything - can you ring and speak to a supervisor - see if you can get anything just to take to DC?

Thanks guys, i have been really unhappy about this as i knew they were wrong. I rang Virgin last night and they said they could help me with a general enquiry. I explained what the coop had said, and the customer service man said.

We send you an initial invoice (the one i have) to confirm booking and how much you need to pay etc. Then 14 days before the holiday we will send you a voucher. He said if you only had the invoice and went to Orlando with it, you would not be going to DC :mad:

I am so glad that i checked up on this, as i knew it was wrong. I am going to ring the travel agent back today and explain what Virgin have said (i still think it has something to do with the holiday being booked under a different reference number, so Virgin will send the voucher out on a different date to my other tickets)

If i dont get any luck i will ask to speak to a supervisor.

I am really annoyed, as i wanted these last two weeks to be all exiting, didnt want to be sat here worrying :guilty:

I would be making the Co-Op travel do all the phone calls - they made the booking for you. I would definately chase up a voucher/ticket and i WOULDNT attend a welcome meeting!!! I don't think i have ever booked a holiday with Virgin and had everything go 100%....we always end up chasing something or some voucher!! Let the travel agent do all the work..thats why you booked through them.

Keep us informed as to what happens :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the support. I could not even sleep last night.
I think my DH thinks I am crazy to of been so stressed out about it.
Good news though, I have just spoke to the coop and the lady said the person I spoke to yesterday was given the wrong information, and when they opened the post later that day my voucher from Virgin was there.
I am so relieved, I knew what she said was not correct, but I was still so worried about it.
At least I can just concentrate on the holiday now.

Woop yay, thanks again xxxx

glad you got it sorted - theres nothing worse than getting stressed out before your holiday

funnily enough my mum works for co - operative and she said that before you left if you had booked tickets you would get them and to go in and speak to someone else

sorry you had to do the running around but on the other hand its nearly time for your single digit dance :banana::banana::banana:

glad you got it sorted - theres nothing worse than getting stressed out before your holiday

funnily enough my mum works for co - operative and she said that before you left if you had booked tickets you would get them and to go in and speak to someone else

sorry you had to do the running around but on the other hand its nearly time for your single digit dance :banana::banana::banana:

Thank you, i am so pleased that it is all sorted :) and yay nearly at single digit. I am so exited i cant even sleep at the moment lol :cloud9:

this time 4 weeks ago i was only one more sleep away from going and in the end i had to have a rather large glass or 2 of wine just to get me to sleep !!

surprisingly i didnt even have a hangover the next day - though since i have been back i have had a friends birthday and certainly did the day after that :lmao:

must have been the pixie dust :rotfl2::rotfl2:

haha :rotfl: i could really use some of that pixy dust right now lol.

I think i will be on the wine next week, eeeekkk i am so exited. I have just bought some new tshirts today and put them into my suitcase. Now i have everything packed :yay: just cannot wait. I really do feel like a little child waiting for christmas

Sooo glad its all sorted for you. Just noticed you live in Cheshire (like me)?? Enjoy your holiday xxx:thumbsup2

really glad it is all sorted for you. We have booked our last 2 trips through the coop and i always press our Travel Agent to give me every detail in written form. I just need to have that comfort that if anything goes wrong i can let them see in black and white.:goodvibes

really glad it is all sorted for you. We have booked our last 2 trips through the coop and i always press our Travel Agent to give me every detail in written form. I just need to have that comfort that if anything goes wrong i can let them see in black and white.:goodvibes

Thank you :banana:

I feel the exact same way, i feel so much better seeing everything in black and white. I was jumping with joy when the DC voucher came in the post. I think i was even more exited about them then the tickets i got on Saturday lol, because i thought they were not coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter