• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help Planning Great Roller Coaster Trip West Coast

It's a fairly easy walk from the Hilton. The teenagers walk from the park to Wendy's (right across the street) because the food is cheaper all the time. There's also a Marie Callendar's next to the Hilton and a Red Lobster, El Torito, and Hamburger Hamlet right down the street. All good choices.

If you want a little bit of a more upscale hotel, we have a new Hyatt about 5 minutes away from the park. It's adjacent to our mall with several dining offerings as well.

Hjcolv, what are your travel dates?

Party Teacher

Nothing too upscale, with tickets for 4 for 4 different theme parks, and plane fare we look for places to economize, the room being one, the food the other (no in park food). I may priceline the room if I can. However if I can be sure it is something within walking distance and I can get a good deal I would make a regular reservation. We're coming June 5 - 13. Not sure which parks when yet, still working on the logistics, we will have SFMM passes so we have more flexibility there. I hear Legoland can have some horrible lines and I really only want to do one day there so we may do it midweek. Thanks a lot fo the help.

Ooops I logged on under my son's account

KJCOLV

The Hilton is the ONLY hotel within walking distance, it would definately be less expensive than the Hyatt.

Just a FYI...Legoland is definately for the under 12 crowd unless you're REALLY into Lego's. My kids are 17 and 14 and have never had the desire to go there.

Early June should be a good time to come out here. Local high
schools get out on the 4th, but everyone else is 2 weeks later. The weather is usually not too hot then either.

Party Teacher

My middle son (13) is a lego maniac and has dreamed of visiting legoland for years. Sort of like why we will go to DL, since we're that close we may as well visit. It's a tradeoff for my other two, and while in SanDeigo we will go by and ride the Giant Dipper.

Hydster

Thanks for the fast pass info, we used the Qbot at SFG and like it, of course our favorite is the onsite hotel FOTL at USF, it is amazing (especially in the middle of summer when the wait for MIN is 3 hours and you get to walk right on) It is well worth the price of an onsite room.

PRIOR to our arrival in August? Planning a trip with several children and budgeting will have to be planned out extensively. If anyone could send me a link or mail me some coupons, I would be VERY appreciative!!!!! Thanks!

I don't know about coupons but you can buy annual passes for SFMM online for $52.99 through 5/2 Gives you much better flexibility and is less than two days admission. When I looked there was no limitation on when you had to activate them only that they had to first be activated at the park you bought them for, which would then be conisdered your home park. Since we will be at SFMM before SFG we will buy passes for SFMM so our "home park" this year will be all the way across the country! I like being able to go for half a day and not feel like I am losing money or have to cram plenty of activities in. They have specials listed on the website, I think they often have local promotions for $10 off. The regular admission price is $46.99.

Also check out www.mousesavers.com and look under other theme parks. They keep a good list of bargains and coupons. Just keep checking back for updates.

From the six flags website www.sixflags.com

BUY YOUR 2004 SIX FLAGS THEME PARK
SEASON PASS NOW!

Unlimited visits all year long
Stay just a few hours or spend the whole day
Bring friends free on select days at most parks
Unlimited visits to all 19 Six Flags theme parks nationwide*
Bonus book with valuable in-park coupons

Once you've processed your Six Flags Theme Park Season Pass at the park for which it was purchased (your "home park"), you can then use it at all Six Flags Theme Parks worldwide plus
Wild Waves/Enchanted Village, Seattle; The Great Escape, Lake George, NY; La Ronde, Montreal; and Wyandot Lake, Columbus, OH. (Not valid at waterparks or Frontier City/White Water Bay.) Season pass vouchers may not be used at another park, only processed season pass ID cards.

KJCOLV (I'm on my sons account again, I don't feel like retyping everything!)

SFMM annual passes are only good until the end of the year. Everyone's pass expires on 12/31 of the current year. Also, Hurricane Harbor is NOT included in the pass. Their annual
pass is $39.99. HH is only open Memorial Day thru Labor Day every year. MM is open Mid April thru Labor Day every day and from then on, selected days and weekends only.

Msim, we get local promotions here all the time. Either by bringing in a soda can or a ticket from a local super market.
PM me directly and remind me to keep the look out for a deal
for you (or else I'll forget!)

Party Teacher

How mcuh of a local discount do you see, more than the $10 especially during the summer?? I guess it depends on how many days you want to spend. We like the annual pass so we can go for half days if we want, plus we can use it here later in the summer at SFG, so I think it's a better deal for us, just curious...

Knott's Berry Farm discounts.

It seems to me that every year around June/July Knott's offers discount tickets through Ralph's grocery stores. You need a Ralph's card, but anyone can get one of those for free and on the spot. They also have a AAA discount, I think.

We're planning the exact same trip!!! Last year we did the Hershey, PKD, BGW and Pittsburgh coasters. We've already done CP. My son is a huge coaster maniac and figures he should be able to rack up a lot of new coasters on this trip.

We will be going the end of August and are also looking into hotels. We are flying into San Francisco and doing all the coasters there and then working our way down to LA and the coasters there. We also have a tournament in Cincinnati and will be doing PKI this summer.

Then next year it's off the Europe! (if we have any money left:p )

Sounds like you have us beat!! We didn't have the time (or money) to add San Francisco into the mix. But I knew we couldn't be the only crazy people out there that plan vacations around roller coasters!! We'll keep you posted!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter