Help! Planning 2007 Trip!

PocahontasLookALike

DIS Veteran
I posted this thread over on the DVC board, but I am wanting as much feed back as possible.

As far as weather, some are saying the February was too cold, others saying it's great weather. We were thinking of going the week before Presidents Day in order to beat the crowds.

But if Feb turns out to be too cold, we were thinking early March.

But how are crowds in early March? Like that last week/first week in March?

I would definitely appreciate any of your thoughts :3dglasses

ps - i have no idea what that 3D glasses guy has to do with anything...i just thought he was cool.

I have gone in the months of Jan, Feb, March, Oct & Nov.

March is the worst. I had a conference at the Wyndham so we extended our stay for a week. The parks are extremely crowded, which meant long line-ups. I am pretty sure I hit a March break week. I think you might be o.k. for the 1st week of March but personally I would do a mid Feb rather than touch a March week.

Yes, it is cooler in the other months that I mentioned but the pools are heated and less people means more ride time. :thumbsup2

As far as weather, we were there this past February and it was very warm, I had light weight capris and mid length sleeve tops and it was almost too warm. However, February can be a toss up. I have been there in Feb in years past and had to buy sweatshirts. You can never be certain until about 10 days prior how to pack clothes. End of February and the first of march was the time we were there this year, it was not too crowded, the left over cheerleaders were in the park that week and were not too bad. It should be a good time as in the south we really have not hade a very bad winter for the last couple of years. But you can never be too sure. I have seen it ice up in March and April in Florida too. :sunny:

We go every go at the beginning of February. The weather can go either direction but we find this to be about the most perfect time of year. This last year it did rain for two days but everyone assured us that it was not the usual. Going in February you will find some closures. This last year the test track in Epcot was closed but we got to ride the new roller coaster "Expedition Everest" in Animal Kingdom twice before it was opened to the public. We have never waited more than a few minutes for any ride. You do need to pack clothes to wear layers because the days can be warm but the evenings can get cold. We have been there in 2005 when it was 50 degrees. We know that because they stop running the transportation boats when it gets 50 degrees. We love going in February! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter