Help picking park days

Disneylovingmomof2

DIS Veteran
I’m trying to figure out park days for our next trip (last week of Jan). Kids will be 7 & 2. On our last trip in Feb we did 3MK, 2AK, 1EP, and 1HS.
We’re doing six park days this time. I know I’m doing 1AK and 1HS. My struggle right now is should I plan for 2EP days and 2MK days or 3MK and 1EP?
I have eight MK rides I’d want to get FPS for so that would mean getting on the app and snagging a fourth at the end of both MK days —if we only did two. My toddler also loves Small world and Winnie the Pooh so we’d have to make sure we made time for those too.
In Feb my six year old did the passport at Epcot but I’d probably let her do it again since it’s changed and actually probably let the toddler do it too (he’ll be almost three and I think he’d like it). Would def want to do Spaceship Earth, living with the land, frozen, test track, Soarin and mission space. I would like to try getting on journey into imagination and Nemo for the toddler as well. I like to get a few drinks and check out the pavilions. Do I want to do too much in Epcot for one day??
I’m slightly leaning towards 3MK days but can’t keep second guessing myself. Help!

Small World and Pooh FP+ would not be any of the reasons I would choose a 3rd day at MK. They are both easy 4th FP+ In my experience.
(and both short standby if you avoid peak young family time 11a-7p)

Also remember, you may want DHS on your 5th day to get a better chance of SDD.

Small World and Pooh FP+ would not be any of the reasons I would choose a 3rd day at MK. They are both easy 4th FP+ In my experience.
(and both short standby if you avoid peak young family time 11a-7p)

Also remember, you may want DHS on your 5th day to get a better chance of SDD.
I agree, and just meant that on top of whatever FPs we had we would have other things we’d still want to ride - specifically for the little one.

The biggest challenge to what you have listed is that you want to do the "big 3" attractions at Epcot...TT, FEA, Soarin'. It can definitely be done in one day, in fact it can be done in about 90 minutes or less, but it'll take some planning. If you can be there at 9am sharp, go straight to TT and ride it standby. As soon as you get off, go to FEA and ride that standby, the line will still be very short. Then have a FP+ for Soarin' from 9:30am to 10:30am.

We don't rope drop anymore, so our plan is a bit different. FP+ for TT or FEA, then hit Soarin' as a 4th FP+ (not hard to get), or ride it at the end of the night (there is no line).

Most attractions at MK are easy to get as 4th, 5th, 6th FP+, especially Pooh and Small World. You can get them any day, any time. They wouldn't be a factor.

I know it's straddling the fence, but I think you'd be fine either way. If you want to take more time at Epcot and not rush around do 2 at each. If you want to really dive extra deep into MK, then do 3 and 1 at Epcot.

The biggest challenge to what you have listed is that you want to do the "big 3" attractions at Epcot...TT, FEA, Soarin'. It can definitely be done in one day, in fact it can be done in about 90 minutes or less, but it'll take some planning. If you can be there at 9am sharp, go straight to TT and ride it standby. As soon as you get off, go to FEA and ride that standby, the line will still be very short. Then have a FP+ for Soarin' from 9:30am to 10:30am.

We don't rope drop anymore, so our plan is a bit different. FP+ for TT or FEA, then hit Soarin' as a 4th FP+ (not hard to get), or ride it at the end of the night (there is no line).

Most attractions at MK are easy to get as 4th, 5th, 6th FP+, especially Pooh and Small World. You can get them any day, any time. They wouldn't be a factor.

I know it's straddling the fence, but I think you'd be fine either way. If you want to take more time at Epcot and not rush around do 2 at each. If you want to really dive extra deep into MK, then do 3 and 1 at Epcot.
I know, the rushing part is where I’m struggling. I don’t want to feel like we have to be running around like crazy people with a toddler in a stroller:rotfl::rotfl:

At the time of year you are going, I wouldn’t expect huge crowds so I image you would be able to get everything done in both parks. I personally would choose MK over Epcot any day bc there’s not enough to keep me occupied in Epcot. Tons of rides in MK. maybe keep one day as a flex day towards the end and see which park you are feeling at that time.

I know, the rushing part is where I’m struggling. I don’t want to feel like we have to be running around like crazy people with a toddler in a stroller:rotfl::rotfl:

I guess that all depends on how much of Epcot you really want to tackle. Even without running like crazy (except for from rope drop to Test Track), you can hit the big 3 rides pretty fast. From there, the rest of the attractions are easy to get FP+ for. Tackle them one area at a time...after getting off Soarin', tackle everything on the Land side. Then go do Mission Space if you want, and then hit the World Showcase. Hit Spaceship Earth on your way out the door, since it's sort of out of the way once you're deep into the park. By then it won't have a line anyway.

I personally think you have a lot on your plate to try and get everything done in Epcot in one day. Also keep in mind that more than likely Festival of the Arts will be happening at Epcot during the time frame you are there. There is the potential that there may even be more that you would want to cover. My vote is for 2 MK and 2 EP days.

Epcot presents a dilemma when you don't have park hoppers. To truly experience World Showcase in addition to everything Future World has to offer, you need more than 1 day. However, while the Tier 1 FPs are all valuable selections, the Tier 2 FP lineup is horrible. With 2 days of FP selections at Epcot, you're either wasting FPs on attractions that do not need them, or you are duplicating attractions you did on your previous Epcot day. And, honestly, there is nothing in that Tier 2 lineup that stands out as something worth using a FP for on 2 different days. It's not like HS where RNR and TOT are Tier 2, or AK where Everest & Safari are Tier 2.

I would do Epcot for two days. We only go one day each trip because we do shorter trips so can't spend more than a day, but we only ever get to do a fraction of Epcot and I always end up wishing I could stay longer, since there is so much to see and do in the World Showcase. I have kids and similar ages, and the stamina issue from Epcot being so big is also pretty limiting. That, and the fact that they insist on spending AN HOUR at that little toy train village near Germany....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter