• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help picking Christmas dates

Nickianne

Earning My Ears
I am having a hard time picking dates for Christmas time. I want to be in the park for 3 days. I would like to be able to go on my favorite ride, Pirates, so I will need to wait until after Nov 23rd. I am feeling guilty about the possibility of pulling my son out of school. That leaves the week before Christmas as a viable option. What 3 days would you pick?
Dec 17, 18, 19 (Sat-Mon)
Dec 18, 19, 20 (Sun-Tues)
Dec 19, 20, 21 (Mon-Wed)
I would like the lightest crowds but I have been several times this year so I am there more for the atmosphere than the rides.

I am having a hard time picking dates for Christmas time. I want to be in the park for 3 days. I would like to be able to go on my favorite ride, Pirates, so I will need to wait until after Nov 23rd. I am feeling guilty about the possibility of pulling my son out of school. That leaves the week before Christmas as a viable option. What 3 days would you pick?
Dec 17, 18, 19 (Sat-Mon)
Dec 18, 19, 20 (Sun-Tues)
Dec 19, 20, 21 (Mon-Wed)
I would like the lightest crowds but I have been several times this year so I am there more for the atmosphere than the rides.

Hi there!

Well, honestly, anytime in that week leading up to Christmas is going to be quite crowded, from all reports. Lots of folks are out of work and school in that week. The weekend before Christmas will be really crowded too (I've been to the parks on the weekend before Christmas 3 years in a row and it was more crowded each year). So it's really kind of all the same. I guess I would suggest going with the early weekdays instead of the weekend, though, just to have a 'lesser of 3 evils' situation.

So my vote would probably be 12/18-12/20! It's at the tail end of the weekend so maybe some (a few) people will have gone home, but it's before mid-week, when I imagine an onslaught of Christmas visitors will be arriving at DLR.

Choice 1 would have weekend crowds
Choice 2 would be my choice to go
Choice 3 might be the busiest since it is the week everybody seems to have off and it's closer to the holiday...although in our district my daughter has school until 12/23.

Those were the 3 dates I was considering too. Now to figure out where I want to stay!! I love traveling and I love going to Disneyland but all the decisions make my head hurt!

although in our district my daughter has school until 12/23.
Our district too. I think with Christmas & New Years Day being on Sunday this year, schools are closed the two weeks after Christmas this year vs week before & week after. So crowds will be a bit lighter the week before Christmas.

My choice would be 12/19 - 12/21, week day crowds are always going to be lighter than weekends. And this time of year parades & fireworks are held everyday. So you don't have to worry about missing out on the holiday fun.

My kids are in the Placentia- Yorba Linda District not far from DLR and they are off the week before and week after Christmas. I don't know about the other local districts. Since Christmas at DLR goes to 1/8, I would expect 3 weeks of heavy crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter