HELP - Photographer gave me back the wrong PhotoPass card!!

__disneygirl

well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
Hi everyone,

My amazing 2 week Disney adventure just ended, and I went to go check out my PhotoPass pictures. When I entered the ID number I was shocked to see that there were barely any photos since I knew we had taken tons over the 2 weeks.

I remembered 2 days ago when we were at Epcot and met Donald in Mexico. The PhotoPass photographer was rushing b/c it was time for Donald to go inside and we were the last group meeting him. He didn't hand the PhotoPass card back to us and before we knew it he was walking backstage with Donald and the character attendant. After calling out to him 3 times he rushed over and handed me a card back. I didn't even question it at the time and now I see he gave us the wrong card and we have lost almost all our photos. I am so sad! Thankfully we had the PP photographers take some with our cameras as well, but there were special pictures that we really wanted taken on the PP camera and I am really upset that they are lost probably forever.

I know it's a huge long shot, but we do know the date and time the PP photographer accidentally took our card. Even though it's a slim chance I have to try and get it back. What would be the best way to contact Disney about this? I remember someone on here mentioning a good Guest Relations e-mail address that e-mails actually get answered from.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it! Thank you!!

I had a similar situation in December and I called the phone# listed on photo pass website. They were very helpful and should find them if you know exact time and date of missing pictures. Good luck!

If you look around the photopass site, there's a form you can fill out for missing pictures. Since you had the photographers take pictures with your camera, you have some really good reference points for them to find the PP pictures from that date. Then that gives them the card info, and they can move on from there.

For all future photopass users...take a picture of the back of each card you get. A clear picture of the number, with your camera and even your phone camera if you have one. And while you're at it, write it down and put it somewhere different than the card. Just keep a record of those cards, so that if this happens, you still have the information to enter into your account.

If you look around the photopass site, there's a form you can fill out for missing pictures. Since you had the photographers take pictures with your camera, you have some really good reference points for them to find the PP pictures from that date. Then that gives them the card info, and they can move on from there.

For all future photopass users...take a picture of the back of each card you get. A clear picture of the number, with your camera and even your phone camera if you have one. And while you're at it, write it down and put it somewhere different than the card. Just keep a record of those cards, so that if this happens, you still have the information to enter into your account.

Great advice! I always take pictures of my tickets but never thought about the photopass cards!

OT: While we are on the subject of getting back the wrong card, you need to be very careful about gift cards. Also credit/debit cards although for the latter you can verify that your name is on the card you get back.

That stinks!!! :faint:

I agree with the PP's, in the future, you should make sure to take pictures of the number on back.

But, you should be able to call and get some assistance. Good luck! :wizard:

We had a Photopass photographer that didn't give us our card at HS once. We didn't realize it for a couple of hours but then realized that none of us had it. I ran, frantically to the front of the park to the photopass "store" the CM was awesome - helped me sift through pages and pages of pictures on their computer screen and helped me find our entrance picture from that morning. Then was able to load all of the to a new card.

SO hoping you can find all of your pictures!!

Yes, after the first picture is taken, get the information off the back of the card down somewhere.

Here's another tip if you wear a lanyard: Have a clear plastic pocket on the end of your lanyard. Put the photopass card in there with the part they scan facing out.

I had a lanyard with a purse on the end. On the back of the purse was a clear plastic sleeve meant for tickets and fast passes. I put my photo pass card in there. The photographers were able to scan it through the plastic and I never had to remove it from the lanyard.

OP, I hope things work out for you.

Another tip to go along with photographing your photopass card - I take a black sharpie and write my first name on the back of the card - that way when they hand it back to me, I can quickly look to see that it is my card (easier than trying to remember a number).

To the OP - I hope Photopass is able to find your pictures.

I would call the number on the photo pass website. Our PP+ was missing some photos and I called and they were able to find 1/3 of our missing pictures, the other 2/3 they said there was a glitch with the camera and the pictures were gone. :(

Forgot to say the important thing about using the form. You can upload a photo to it so they can see faces and clothes that day. That's their jumping off spot. Harder to explain what you look like.

Yes, after the first picture is taken, get the information off the back of the card down somewhere.

Here's another tip if you wear a lanyard: Have a clear plastic pocket on the end of your lanyard. Put the photopass card in there with the part they scan facing out.

I had a lanyard with a purse on the end. On the back of the purse was a clear plastic sleeve meant for tickets and fast passes. I put my photo pass card in there. The photographers were able to scan it through the plastic and I never had to remove it from the lanyard.
OP, I hope things work out for you

Another tip to go along with photographing your photopass card - I take a black sharpie and write my first name on the back of the card - that way when they hand it back to me, I can quickly look to see that it is my card (easier than trying to remember a number).

LOVE BOTH these ideas!!!!

We definitely do the whole name on the PP card. In capital letters, front and back, just in case.

That was the great thing about my 2005 PP card, by 2011 it was so unusual that it was easy to know if I did not get it back.:thumbsup2

I hope the OP finds her pics!!!

DH registers ours on the spot. That way if it's lost (which I've done), our pics are safe!

Okay,
  1. Write first and last name on front and back of PP in Sharpie
  2. Put PP in clear lanyard, scannie thing facing out, and
  3. Register PP as soon as numbers 1 and 2 are complete.

Wonderful tips.... Thanks peeps! :worship::worship::worship:
I sincerely hope OP finds those pics, I would be so upset.

OP--please let us know whether or not Disney helped you find your pics. I feel so bad for you.

I didn't get my pix one time and I contacted photopass. I provided them with basic info and a picture of my group and they found them! It was amazing!:cool1:

It is better to call them. While I was on the phone with them they loaded pictures on the site and I could look at them and say yes or no. I hope you found your pictures.

Thank you for all your input, everyone! I submitted the missing photos form on the website and included lots of detail, down to the minute of when the last photo was taken. Since we had the PP photographer take shots with our cameras as well, I provided the one from our camera to match the missing photo too. With all of this detail it seems unlikely that they wouldn't be able to find all our pictures. I am going to be so happy when I see them all! Fingers crossed. I will let you guys know when the photos are recovered.

Also, great tips on taking a photo of your PP ID and writing your name on the card, etc. I can not believe I didn't think of this before. Thank God for the DIS :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter