Help! Out of practice going to WDW with babies!

discorsner

DIS Veteran
Need help knowing for sure which rides would be ok for little ones. My kids are older now but we are traveling with our nieces and nephews and it will be their first trip! We will have 3 little ones with us. A 2 1/2 year old, a one year old, and a 10 month old. :scared1:

I have looked up several online sources for height requirements and age restrictions for attractions and have actually found conflicting reports as to whether there are restrictions on several rides. I am wondering specifically about whether little ones can go on these or if they can go would you recommend it?:

MK: Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Tea cups
Buzz Lightyear

EPCOT:Spaceship Earth
Maelstrom
Imagination

DHS: Toy Story Mania
Backlot Tour
Great Movie Ride

Ak: Safari

I am looking for accurate info about whether the little ones can go on any of these and also any feedback on what your experiences were if you have taken a little one on these. I know on some of them they are allowed on but not sure if other parents would recommend it. And then for some others I have seen conflicting info as to whether they can even ride.

Thanks so much!!!! I am in the land of 10 and 7 year olds now who ride everything! I forget about this stuff!

Yes, there are no height requirements for all of those on your list.

We have taken a 7-month old on nearly all of those, and would take one on the ones we didn't ride (except you will never catch me on the Teacups!).

The only ride that bothered him was the part of Toy Story Mania where the vehicle swirls around to the next group of targets -- but we survived it. But don't expect a great score, with an infant on your lap... ;)

Yes, there are no height requirements for all of those on your list.

We have taken a 7-month old on nearly all of those, and would take one on the ones we didn't ride (except you will never catch me on the Teacups!).

The only ride that bothered him was the part of Toy Story Mania where the vehicle swirls around to the next group of targets -- but we survived it. But don't expect a great score, with an infant on your lap... ;)

Cool! Thanks for the info. I read conflicting things about Maelstrom and about Backlot tour. One online site listed both of those as you had to be a minimum of 3 years. I swear that I have seen little ones on Backlot Tour but not 100% sure.

Cool! Thanks for the info. I read conflicting things about Maelstrom and about Backlot tour. One online site listed both of those as you had to be a minimum of 3 years. I swear that I have seen little ones on Backlot Tour but not 100% sure.

I have also read that question before about Maelstrom, but I have read enough on the DISBoards for the past 2 years to know that there is no age requirement for it or the Backlot Tour.

We took the 7-month-old on Maelstrom with no problem.

We brought our 7 week old on most of those rides. I was a bit concerned about Pirates and Maelstrom because of hills but it was fine. No one questioned us (but I made my DH hold baby as I felt like a bad mother).

We rode all rides on your list except Tea cups (my DS3 thinks that ride is for babies) and TSM (we thought that was too jerky but CM told us she sees babies "much younger" than my son ride that daily...really???? much younger??? didn't realize many people were as crazy as us to bring babies much younger than 7 weeks to Disney haha).

It was a blast! You all will love it (but it will take you much longer to get anywhere then it has in the past) haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter