help!!!! one guest over!

FutureMrsLaster

Earning My Ears
Escape bride needs help... we are making the most of our guest list by hiring a sitter during the ceremony so we can have more families there. All the kids will be joining us for the dessert party later on. BUT we have a problem... we are one guest over 18. We havent officially invited anybody yet but there really isnt anyone that can be cut. Wishes is out of the question for us. Advice please!!! There is one guest who will probably say she cant go, which would solve the problem. But what if she can go???

I thought you could have more than 18 (up to 5 more?) but you would have to pay for extra guests....this is something they implemented awhile back, so I don't know if they still do this. Ask your coordinator.

Also, as far as the Dessert Party goes, if it is booked through DFTW, your guest count at the party has to match your guest count at your ceremony. This I know and was recently confirmed again by a recent bride.

If the kids are under 3, it might be ok, but again, ask your coordinator. But any child over 3, would count as a guest and again, the DP guest count needs to match your ceremony guest count...

You can book the DP through Disney Catered Events and then could have more than your ceremony guest count, but you would not be able to wear your bridal gown....

I thought you could have more than 18 (up to 5 more?) but you would have to pay for extra guests....this is something they implemented awhile back, so I don't know if they still do this. Ask your coordinator.

They stopped allowing that sadly.

Poo poo poo!!! Ok now im more stressed about DP. well maybe i wont book that with the wedding coordinator and just find a nice white cocktail dress...? And wear my ears that have the veil lol. And if they dont allow the extra guests anymore, we'll just have to not invite the one guest that is unsure. Ok.... ugh. We havent actually booked yet. Cant until march but want to get as much figured out now as possible to eliminate the stress when it gets closer. And also so we can give our guests as much notice as possible. Thanks guys!!

Poo poo poo!!! Ok now im more stressed about DP. well maybe i wont book that with the wedding coordinator and just find a nice white cocktail dress...? And wear my ears that have the veil lol. And if they dont allow the extra guests anymore, we'll just have to not invite the one guest that is unsure. Ok.... ugh. We havent actually booked yet. Cant until march but want to get as much figured out now as possible to eliminate the stress when it gets closer. And also so we can give our guests as much notice as possible. Thanks guys!!

Yep, you can totally wear a little white cocktail dress and your ears....the one thing I'm thinking now is also...I don't think you can have Catered Events do the DP on your wedding day...Carrie (Lurkyloo) will know for sure among others here...
You could do it as a welcome party or the night before the wedding though..

Don't be stressed! Either way, it will be a fabulous party that your guests will LOVE! We did a DP and I don't regret anything about it! ;)

Yep, you can totally wear a little white cocktail dress and your ears....the one thing I'm thinking now is also...I don't think you can have Catered Events do the DP on your wedding day...Carrie (Lurkyloo) will know for sure among others here...

MrRomance did although that was a Memories package.

Yeah, you can do a Disney Catered Event on the wedding day, you just can't try to make it like a wedding reception (DJ, dancing, etc. ) or they'll refer you to Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings.

thank you everyone!!!!!!:grouphug: talked to fantastical fiance and we decided to just not invite the one guest who is unsure(his aunt). if she's unsure she can make it, i dont want to put any financial stress on her. so now the guest count is good! (other than some family drama, but thats another story and I'm not dealing with it... okay maybe i'll share once i start my PJ.) thanks again! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter