Help....Official December 2015??

We are just hoping that they do free dining through the 23rd again next year so our whole trip will be cheaper, but either way we are doing the dining.

As long as you check in by the last day of free dinning your whole trip is covered. Like
If free dinnin went till june 5th and u checked in from june 5-12th for example.. U get ur dinning covered the whole time as long as your checked in for the days consecutavly. If you check out, stay at universal for a few day and then check into a hotel again it would only cover the first part of ur trip. Unless of course ur trip completely falls within free dinning. If they have it ill take it, i mean migjt as well lol but otherwise im not changing my dates for it

Glad i could be of some help!

508 more days. :)

It was a rough day at work today and I frequently needed to remind myself that the trip is coming. It will go by quickly, as time always seems to do anymore, but I'm getting so impatient!

At least we get to book on the 30th. It's going to be weird to actually spend the money that I've been saving on gift cards for so long.

On a related note, does $250 in spending money seem reasonable for a 4-1/2 year old over an 11-day trip? We're thinking of giving her ten $25 disney gift cards, one a day, to spend how she sees fit. If she wastes it all on candy, or wants to save them for something big, it'll be up to her.

I dont appreciate seeing 1 year before the number of days on my countdown lol... Its so disheartening!!! And to see the time from now to when our ADR window opens and its over 300 days away.. Soo sad!!! On the upside DH and i started working through the menus to see if OOP does infact work better for us and a rough savings plan for meals. So i looked at BOG and put down the steak for him and hes like what if i dont want it.. And i looked af him and went too bad u have to pick ur exact meals today! And he looked at me like i was crazy so i told him i was joking but i rather over price what he might want and have him pick something cheaper (it was the most expensive thing on the menu hed eat) then under price.. But man the look on his face was pretty funny!!

I know we are going in Dec not sure dates yet. Waiting to hear from friends the dates. Staying at GFV but hoping at the 7 month we can get BLT instead.

So we've decided on sticking with dec 1-13th at POR. We haven't finalized out meal choices yet, a lot of that will come down to which ADR's we get come June. I'm thinking of booking room only, and waiting till later on in the year to see if discounts come out, otherwise buying our tickets through undercover tourist. We're going with the memory maker as well!

Dec 1 - arrival day - downtown disney and T. rex cafe
Dec 2 - Hollywood studios
Dec 3 - Epcot (and hopefully the candlelight processional, with a meal with Via Napoli)
Dec 4 - animal kingdom (husbands birthday so were gonna do some grown up time afterwards!)
Dec 5 - off day (possibly the holiday sleigh ride, chip n dale campfire and that pirate adventure at POR in the morning)
Dec 6 - Hollywood studios
Dec 7 - magic kingdom (based on this years schedule, MVMCP)
Dec 8 - animal kingdom
Dec 9 - off (resort hopping, maybe back to downtown disney, pool time)
Dec 10 - magic kingdom
Dec 11 - Epcot
Dec 12 - magic kingdom
Dec 13th - departure - sons back at school the next day (for a week before winter break - so we want an earlyish flight, mid afternoon)

We're getting park hoppers more then likely, hubby likes the ability to jump from park to park. We're doing 2 days at each one incase we miss something we can go back or want to use it for a different park when we wake up we have the ability to do so!

After much deliberation, I think we will be renting DVC points to stay at AKV. It looks so beautiful at Christmas, and I think having a quieter resort away from the craziness of the parks will be nice. It will definitely be appreciated by my less-than-Disney-enthused DH!

After much deliberation, I think we will be renting DVC points to stay at AKV. It looks so beautiful at Christmas, and I think having a quieter resort away from the craziness of the parks will be nice. It will definitely be appreciated by my less-than-Disney-enthused DH!

Where r u renting them from? A website or somewhere else? If u dont mind me asking, how much roughly for akl for the time ur there? I really want a savannah view but the only way we could justify payin soo much is to rent dvc but were nervous cause weve never done it before

I was so excited about booking today, and the website is still all glitchy, for me and for my TA.
Grrrrrrr.
Anyone have any luck seeing mid-to- late December? It's telling me there is NOTHING at POR for my date and party.

I was so excited about booking today, and the website is still all glitchy, for me and for my TA. Grrrrrrr. Anyone have any luck seeing mid-to- late December? It's telling me there is NOTHING at POR for my date and party.

Ur probably outside ur 499 day booking allowance... I can only get rates up to december 11th and my trip goes to the 13th.. I think cause the whole trip doesnt fall within the 499 days disney lets u book in advance.. So i would need to wait until friday to see rates for my entire trip. I could be wrong but thats what im going with cause it seems like the most logical reasoning

Ur probably outside ur 499 day booking allowance... I can only get rates up to december 11th and my trip goes to the 13th.. I think cause the whole trip doesnt fall within the 499 days disney lets u book in advance.. So i would need to wait until friday to see rates for my entire trip. I could be wrong but thats what im going with cause it seems like the most logical reasoning

I thought maybe there was something about that, but my TA says it should be open for the whole year - though I'm not sure she's had many clients who book as crazy-early as I want to. I guess waiting a few more days doesn't hurt. Much. :) 501 to go!

Looks like you'll be leaving the on day I hope to arrive.

Yea were 488 days away from check in but 500/501 away from check out.. I didnt think that would be an issue, but it looks like it would be. My TA promised to email me when the window opens and i didnt hear from her today. Im assuming friday will be the earliest i can book but i have an upcoming move (3 weeks away, and a trip to italy 2 days after the move), so i wont be booking probabaly until october to begin with. Im assuming and i hope im right, that things wont be sold out between now and then seeif as were still 1.5 years away. Were also jumping between POR and possibly renting points for AKL savannah view but are nervous cause weve never done that before and dont know if were ready to go that route.

Was able look at rates for our entire trip today, yesterday could only look till dec 11th, 2015... Nice surprise, this years dates would cost us 4151.41.. Next year if we booked now it's looking at 4178.37... So a massive difference of 26.96$ wow huge increase LOL... nice to see it didn't increase too much! Just need to see if it still works out to be cheaper to do room only and buy tickets outside of disney website..

My price includes: 10 day ticket, resort package with memory maker, insurance and park hopper, 2 adults and 1 child...

I guess I'm going to have to wait until August 10th to get my "for real" numbers. Oh well.
In the meantime, off to Vegas for a seminar for the next four days. :)

Where r u renting them from? A website or somewhere else? If u dont mind me asking, how much roughly for akl for the time ur there? I really want a savannah view but the only way we could justify payin soo much is to rent dvc but were nervous cause weve never done it before

We are renting from David's. I'm not quite comfortable enough yet to rent directly from a member, though I hear it can be even cheaper that way. The cost calculator on David's website says our 10-day trip, Dec 16-26, will be $2590 for a studio Savannah view. :cool1:

We are renting from David's. I'm not quite comfortable enough yet to rent directly from a member, though I hear it can be even cheaper that way. The cost calculator on David's website says our 10-day trip, Dec 16-26, will be $2590 for a studio Savannah view. :cool1:

We were looking at David's as well.. Dec 1-13th.. Our says about 24/2600.. Can't fully remember which for a studio savannah view as well. I hear you don't get all the amenities that you would get if you were the actual DVC member and not renting points, but I'm not 100% sure what's involved and I'm not sure if I'm comfortable renting. I'd love to cause it's the only way we have the chance of doing a savannah view!

Looks like we might be changing our dates to leave Australia just after Christmas, and go to WDW at the end of our trip (so second and third weeks of January). We have been scared off about the crowds expected at the time we had originally planned, so I played around with dates and it works out a bit cheaper this way. Means we will miss out on Christmas decorations though :(

But because we would no longer qualify for free dining, I realised that we might be best off renting DVC points for the 11 nights (we will go to a Universal hotel for the final 3 nights). I checked David's - AKV value studio would be $1554, AKV standard studio would be $1806 and BWV standard studio would be $1708. To compare, Pop Century would be $1354.53. I am not sure of the pros v cons of each of these options? At the moment, I am still leaning towards Pop Century, as it does get quite good reviews and seems ok for what we would want.

(Sorry, I guess I might not belong in this thread anymore!)

Looks like we might be changing our dates to leave Australia just after Christmas, and go to WDW at the end of our trip (so second and third weeks of January). We have been scared off about the crowds expected at the time we had originally planned, so I played around with dates and it works out a bit cheaper this way. Means we will miss out on Christmas decorations though :( But because we would no longer qualify for free dining, I realised that we might be best off renting DVC points for the 11 nights (we will go to a Universal hotel for the final 3 nights). I checked David's - AKV value studio would be $1554, AKV standard studio would be $1806 and BWV standard studio would be $1708. To compare, Pop Century would be $1354.53. I am not sure of the pros v cons of each of these options? At the moment, I am still leaning towards Pop Century, as it does get quite good reviews and seems ok for what we would want. (Sorry, I guess I might not belong in this thread anymore!)

If we had decided to stay value, it would have been a toss up between AOA and POP. AOA is supposed to have an amazing food court, with stuff beyond the usual burgers n chicken, so that might give it the edge for us. Heck, if we somehow can't manage to save up enough for the POR RR, we still might end up there.
Before that food court opened, POP would have been the clear winner in the values for us.

If we had decided to stay value, it would have been a toss up between AOA and POP. AOA is supposed to have an amazing food court, with stuff beyond the usual burgers n chicken, so that might give it the edge for us. Heck, if we somehow can't manage to save up enough for the POR RR, we still might end up there. Before that food court opened, POP would have been the clear winner in the values for us.

We stayed at AOA in January, the food court was really good. I had the build your own pasta a few times while we were there and I found it really good. It was super busy tho, no matter what time we went. But I'm sure that's the case for any of the food courts. Really good pastries as well. We were in the cars building so we were close to the food court which was nice. It was cold a lot when we visited so we used our mugs for hot chocolate. I would highly recommend AOA, both for the food court and the buildings and theming!

So what's the verdict... Is this the "official" December 2015 thread? (The title has me confused... :confused3:lmao:)

Planning my second solo trip for December 5-12, 2015, at Port Orleans French Quarter, to celebrate my 35th birthday! :goodvibes

I will be at Pop Century in just 43 days from now, and hoping for a good Bounceback offer! :thumbsup2

So what's the verdict... Is this the "official" December 2015 thread? (The title has me confused... :confused3:lmao:) Planning my second solo trip for December 5-12, 2015, at Port Orleans French Quarter, to celebrate my 35th birthday! :goodvibes I will be at Pop Century in just 43 days from now, and hoping for a good Bounceback offer! :thumbsup2

I believe it's supposed to be! Maybe we should get the name changed to say official December 2015 thread... Haven't seen any other for this time frame

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter