Help....Official December 2015??

Your son sounds a lot like mine...fussy eater, hates roller coasters (I lie to him too, to get him on roller coasters!) And mine loved the transformers ride at Universal LA last year. He is now looking forward to the spiderman ride, which I showed him on YouTube yesterday. He doesn't like the Simpsons, because even though he knows it's just a screen, to him it still feels like a roller coaster). Will definitely check out about the lights - another thing that DS will like too (DH, not so much!). But for now, best get to bed. Good night! (It's half past 12 here).

It's odd.. He loved transformers, loved the Simpson ride but wasn't a fan of the Spider-Man one.. I think cause at one point you're facing the 'ground' in the air, and ur like perfectly horizontal almost and it 'drops' you straight down and I think that May have freaked him out a bit.. But then he said when we got him he did love it so! Lol kids

Oops, I lied, I just had to check out about the lights before I went to bed and all I can say is WOW! Cannot wait to see that display in person!

The last night for the lights when we went happened the night before our Hollywood studios day, so I missed them then. I think DD is going to be absolutely floored by them.
I'm still only "scheduling" one DHS day for the trip, so it's going to be a busy one!

That weather, I could deal with! I was planning on jeans and t-shirts with a hoodie for night (of course, we'll need jackets and scarves for NY, Washington and Denver though). But with global warming supposedly happening :rolleyes1 maybe it'll be closer to 30 degrees Celsius in FL next December! :)

Yep, and at the time I had undiagnosed hypothyroidism, and was *always* cold. LOL.

We will be getting a 10 day pass - do you think we need to get Park Hopper as well? For DL, it's a no brainer because the parks are so close, but with the distance between the parks at WDW, do people usually just stick to one park per day?

We were going to add the water parks pass too (for DH and DS - it's not really my thing!) but I've read that one park is shut at that time of year, and it might be too cold to really utilise the water park anyway. So think we'll save our money on that one.

We will be getting a 10 day pass - do you think we need to get Park Hopper as well? For DL, it's a no brainer because the parks are so close, but with the distance between the parks at WDW, do people usually just stick to one park per day? We were going to add the water parks pass too (for DH and DS - it's not really my thing!) but I've read that one park is shut at that time of year, and it might be too cold to really utilise the water park anyway. So think we'll save our money on that one.

I've planned out our trip to avoid park hopping. I just don't want to spend time traveling back n forth. That said, we had it last time and I think it came in kinda handy a couple of times, added a little flexibility.
And yeah, while it wasn't cold on our last trip, neither was it really swimming weather, though there were always a couple of folks in the pool, and the hot tub was popular. I couldn't imagine spending a day wet, running from ride to ride. Brrrrrrr.

I've planned out our trip to avoid park hopping. I just don't want to spend time traveling back n forth. That said, we had it last time and I think it came in kinda handy a couple of times, added a little flexibility.
And yeah, while it wasn't cold on our last trip, neither was it really swimming weather, though there were always a couple of folks in the pool, and the hot tub was popular. I couldn't imagine spending a day wet, running from ride to ride. Brrrrrrr.

Thanks, we'll probably go with the park hopper, but not the water parks pass then. I know DH and DS will be using the hotel pool though (water is heated I think). I doubt I will - weather has to be extremely hot for me to want to swim.

Hi, I would love to join you guys. We are planning our next trip for Dec 2015 also. Hoping to go for 6 days and stay in the Contemporary. We also want to go to Universal this trip. It will be me, my DD who will be 8 at the time and my DH.

We will be getting a 10 day pass - do you think we need to get Park Hopper as well? For DL, it's a no brainer because the parks are so close, but with the distance between the parks at WDW, do people usually just stick to one park per day? We were going to add the water parks pass too (for DH and DS - it's not really my thing!) but I've read that one park is shut at that time of year, and it might be too cold to really utilise the water park anyway. So think we'll save our money on that one.

When I plan. I avoid the park hopper. I find it to much moving around for just the 2 of us to do anything more then 1 park a day. I know when I went as a teenager with my sister and parents we got it cause my dad is anti rides, got scared **** in a log flume type ride when my parents were dating! So he used it to do shopping and shows and went from park to park. It also came in handy the last day before we drove home when we wanted those last minute souviners we could grab them. Rule of thumb for my son and I is stick to one park to make it easier. I also said for any park u do more then 1 time in a trip, you wait till the last day your in that park to buy things to bring home, so you've had a good long look and your not just buying on a whim. We didn't do any water when we were there in January, mainly we didn't have time and it was too cold. The pools are heated at the resorts, I'm not sure about the parks tho. I know one is always down for refurbishment from like oct-march usually. My sons not a big water person so I don't plan for it.

Hi, I would love to join you guys. We are planning our next trip for Dec 2015 also. Hoping to go for 6 days and stay in the Contemporary. We also want to go to Universal this trip. It will be me, my DD who will be 8 at the time and my DH.

How long are you looking at doing universal for? We did 2 days in January and tbh it wasn't enough time and it was just the two of us and my then almost 8 year old doesn't like rollercoasters, are u looking at doing harry potter? We were gonna do it our next trip, 8 nights at disney and 4 nights on property at universal but I think I'm gonna move the universal trip to 2016

How long are you looking at doing universal for? We did 2 days in January and tbh it wasn't enough time and it was just the two of us and my then almost 8 year old doesn't like rollercoasters, are u looking at doing harry potter? We were gonna do it our next trip, 8 nights at disney and 4 nights on property at universal but I think I'm gonna move the universal trip to 2016

Hi Jenn,

I'm not sure. Since we would not be able to stay more than 6 days I was thinking 2 days at Universal. I love Harry Potter almost as much as I love Disney and have never been to Universal. I wish we would have more time but we will be taking our DD out of school and don't want her to miss too many days and my DH does not like to go away to long. My DD is not one for big rides so I am hoping 2 days would be enough. Two separate trips would be great but I can't imagine that we can swing it. Your trip sounds perfect. Where were you thinking of staying? Do you guys go often? We try every 2 to 3 years though I would go every 6 months if I had the chance and the money.

Hi Jenn, I'm not sure. Since we would not be able to stay more than 6 days I was thinking 2 days at Universal. I love Harry Potter almost as much as I love Disney and have never been to Universal. I wish we would have more time but we will be taking our DD out of school and don't want her to miss too many days and my DH does not like to go away to long. My DD is not one for big rides so I am hoping 2 days would be enough. Two separate trips would be great but I can't imagine that we can swing it. Your trip sounds perfect. Where were you thinking of staying? Do you guys go often? We try every 2 to 3 years though I would go every 6 months if I had the chance and the money.

We did harry potter in January when we went. It's funny cause I had been hoping for a long time to be able to take him to disney and then he got this love and fascination with harry potter, he's seen the first 4 movies and read the first 5 books (he just turned 8 in march) I had just started planning last summer when he saw the commercial for the transformers ride at universal and started commenting he wanted to go. So I planned and saved and gave it to him for his Xmas present. January was supposed to be our 'once in a lifetime trip' and I couldn't afford more then a certain number of days. If I was going now I would do 3 days at universal and give both harry potter sections each their own day and then combine the rest of the 2 parks into 1 day. I wasn't planning on going back to universal or disney for many many years, single parent, didn't think I could afford it and then I sat down earlier this week and realized if I budgeted correctly I could save from nov 2014-nov 2015 and be able to take him back. I found when we went last time we were rushed, but I wanted to do everything as I didn't think we would ever be back. This time I've budgeted for more days in each park. I might still change my mind and combine both parks into one trip.. Thankfully were over a year away to plan

So we've narrowed it down to: drummmm roll please!!! Lol

Port Orleans riverside
Port Orleans French quarter
Art of animation suite
Cabins at for wilderness lodge and
Caribbean beach

My SO wanted to stay at one of the all stars so it was more 'disney' for the 8 year old, but then I reminded him that it was double beds not queens and we looked at each other and went nope, can't do double beds for 12 nights, we have a king at home!

Son and I did AOA at our last trip so I wanted to stay away from it and try something new but with the privacy of its own bedroom it does sound very appealing!!

So we've narrowed it down to: drummmm roll please!!! Lol Port Orleans riverside Port Orleans French quarter Art of animation suite Cabins at for wilderness lodge and Caribbean beach My SO wanted to stay at one of the all stars so it was more 'disney' for the 8 year old, but then I reminded him that it was double beds not queens and we looked at each other and went nope, can't do double beds for 12 nights, we have a king at home! Son and I did AOA at our last trip so I wanted to stay away from it and try something new but with the privacy of its own bedroom it does sound very appealing!!

I have heard that you can sometimes get two adjacent/joining value rooms for the less than the cost of one of the AOA suites, so maybe that's another option? You'd still have privacy that way.

I'm still flip-flopping between the POR RR and wilderness lodge myself. Too bad I can't get a RR inside WL, at moderate pricing with free DXDP. LOL. It'll come down to discounts and PINS in the end.

On another note, after reviewing my spreadsheet for the millionth time, I've decided to drop the wishes dessert party from my plans. It would only fit on my third MK day, at which point we will have probably already seen wishes twice, and I didn't want to pay another $100+ and be "locked" into another late night.
Does it make sense, or will I regret not doing it?

I have heard that you can sometimes get two adjacent/joining value rooms for the less than the cost of one of the AOA suites, so maybe that's another option? You'd still have privacy that way. I'm still flip-flopping between the POR RR and wilderness lodge myself. Too bad I can't get a RR inside WL, at moderate pricing with free DXDP. LOL. It'll come down to discounts and PINS in the end. On another note, after reviewing my spreadsheet for the millionth time, I've decided to drop the wishes dessert party from my plans. It would only fit on my third MK day, at which point we will have probably already seen wishes twice, and I didn't want to pay another $100+ and be "locked" into another late night. Does it make sense, or will I regret not doing it?

I've never done the desert party before, so I can't comment on that. The issue I have with the value rooms is not really the privacy, I mean that's obviously an intimacy issue lol, but it's the bed size, the SO likes to roll around a lot and it's annoying enough on our bed. Let alone on a bed that's smaller! I'm looking at doing the candle light processional dinner package when we go, but wasn't sure if the fantasmic or the wishes parties were worth it or not. I spoke to the SO about the DDP and tried to explain the ins and outs of it and he believes even if we have to pay more he rather do OOP so were not 'locked' into a certain amount of meals, that and my son only eats a few varieties of things and it was hard planning meals. I was like we could do pizza planet for lunch at HS but oh wait we can't do this for dinner cause all he'll eat is pizza off that menu then it's pizza twice in one day (which he'd love, but I wouldn't!!) so OOP seems for the best.

He wanted to do the campsites at fort wilderness at first and I was like, um u want to carry all our camping **** on the plane.. No thanx. And he's like oh I thought they provided that stuff, lol and I was like I, not going all,the way to disney to camp!! I can camp in my own backyard if I want I don't need a plane for that!!

Just read that 2015 rates are supposed to be released July 30th. If it's true, YAY!

Just read that 2015 rates are supposed to be released July 30th. If it's true, YAY!

I've heard that from several ppl. My TA says she email me when they are released. I donno if I'm gonna book through her again, she did an amazing job but I'm an anal control freak lol and my SO is lucky he's being allowed to help plan!!!

My bestest buddy is a disney authorized TA, and she just confirmed it for me. She'll handle my booking for me and put up with my obsessive behavior. :)
We're going to book it that night. I'm going to go with the RR for now, I think.
It'll be nice to have the official pricing, so I can firm up the saving strategy after I stop gasping from sticker shock. :)

The release date of July 30th will be good for planning/budgeting, but I still won't be booking until next year (after I have my flights), plus I want to wait til the free dining is released.

We are thinking now of doing a split stay - 11 nights at POP, then 3 nights up at Universal (so we can get a 2 day ticket).

(Squeegee, that's a good best friend to have! Lucky you!)

I think. It'll be nice to have the official pricing, so I can firm up the saving strategy after I stop gasping from sticker shock. :)

That's my issue as well! I've got a monthly budget for all our bills and things were saving for etc. so each pay check we look at the amount and write down which bills it's going to and all that. I want to have the prices so I can update our monthly budgets! Right now, if we save from November 2014-November 2015 we should have more then enough for all the pieces we need to pay for. It's soo nerve wrecking to not know the full prices!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter