Help! New to all this ....question about dining plan...

2boysmom09

Earning My Ears
I have a question on how the Dining Plan works. We are getting the table service plan for our upcoming trip in Dec. 09 I want to make reservations for Cinderella's Castle, Hoop Dee Doo show etc.....they require you pay for your reservation in advance. So if I want to use my dining credits how does that work?? Do I tell them I have the dining plan to use or do I pay and get reembersed once I'm down there? This is one area of the trip planning that stresses me out.....Thanks so much!!!!

Marly

Just tell them you're on the plan and you're all set. They'll ask anyways- you will still have to give a credit card # in case you're a no-show, but it shouldnt be charged for anythign unless u dont go.

Don't worry, i've never had a problem w/ this sort of thing. It should work out just fine.
I understnad though- there are SO many variables!

Actually, you can do either.

The easier (and less hassle) way is to tell them you're on the dining plan and that you intend to use plan credits when you make the reservation. You can change your mind up until it's actually time to "pay", and pay OOP at that point, saving the credits for something else.

Or, you can pre-pay and get it refunded by using credits later. Refunds are more of a hassle, and can often be delayed, so I'd recommend against it.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I was hoping that was the case.....this whole planning thing is both AWESOME and stressfull all at once! Thanks again!

Bottom line, tell them you are on the DP so they won't charge your cc. They will still take your cc number as there would be a charge if you don't show or cancel in time. They will explain that policy when you make your reservations.

If I remember correctly from last September, I made the reservation for HDDR at WDW-DINE and they took my credit card #. Upon arrival at my resort, I got my tickets from the Concierge/Guest Services desk and they took the dining credits from my account. Then at the HDDR you just present your tickets.

If for some reason you did not pick up the tickets or cancel your reservation in the appropriate amount of time (not sure what it is), your CC would be charged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter