Help needed

redsaid

Earning My Ears
We are taking our first family trip in Nov. This is the first trip for our children and our first trip together. (DH & I were both there at least 20 years ago).

I am utterly overwhelmed with all the information you all share. Our priority on this trip is to make this the best trip possible for our kids who will be DD8 & DS5.

I have a post on the Restuarant board about PS's and was hoping that on this board all of the experts could help with what from your own opinions are NOT TO MISS things to do/see for our family.

We are going on the 7 for 5 deal and staying at POFQ so we will hopefully have 'time' to see a lot without trying to squeeze it in to a short period of time. I know that we will not see/do everything but what should I really try not to miss?

Thank you so much for any help! I really appreciate all of the great information you all share.

:hyper:

My best trip planning advice to you is not to plan too much. Without a doubt, there will be things that you see and do that you never thought of, and those will be the best experiences for you. Don't miss watching your kids have fun, don't miss the special family time you'll have together. Don't miss the warm fuzzy feelings you'll have as you experience the Disney magic with your family. Have a great trip!

Ann:earsgirl:

Here are my two best suggestions: Get the free vacation planning video from Disney (call 407-W-DISNEY) and watch it over and over. That'll give everyone an idea of what to expect, and what they'll see...AND it will get everyone really excited. Then get a copy of Birnbaum's WDW By Kids for Kids (or is it For Kids By Kids? I always forget.) It has descriptions of the rides, and PICTURES. Your 8yo will likely be able to read it herself. Then have each of you choose two or three highest priorites, and be sure to schedule them in. List the things you definitely DON'T want to do, and the rest will be things you'll do if you have time.

Thank you!

I did get the book for kids/by kids and it is currently sitting in her desk at school! She keeps forgetting to bring it home but I will remind her again and have her 'help' her little brother look through it.

I am very excited and don't want to over plan either. I just want a few 'things' that may help enhance their first experience at disney and our first trip there as a family.

The only thing I am really planning is some ps's which may help figure out some specific park days but above visiting all the parks at least once, I plan to let us decide what to go back to, see more of.

I do want this to be a laid back (planning wise) so we can just go there and enjoy eachother and disney!

thanks again for everyone's help

we've always done well with burnbaum's book

Birnbaum's Walt Disney World 2004

I get together with the DDs (6 and 7) and go through almost page for page. You have til november so take your time. It goes through all the parks and attractions. Best to decide what's important for you and your family. I've been using the guide since I first went to WDW with my DW (got engaged on the plane trip down for our first visit together). It's invaluable.

That said, I'll add a couple of do not misses for my family:

Fantasmic show. Muppets 3d. Tower of Terror & Rock and Roll Roller coaster (if you'd children are tall enough). Dinosaur (if it's open... it's closed for my upcoming trip! :( )Hoop De Doo Review OR the Poly Luau (there's a bit expensice, I'd do one or the other. Perfer Hoop De Doo for the little ones). Universe of Energy & Spaceship Earth in Epcot. Kid Cot stops where they make the masks around the countries in Epcot. Pirates & Haunted Mansion & Splash Mountain in MK. The firewors in both Epcot and MK. It's Tough To Be a Bug in AK. Lunch in Tony's in MK. Breakfast in the crystal palace in MK. Dinner at Teppanyaki Dining Room in Japan: Epcot. Lunch at the Living Seas in Epcot... request table next to the aquarium glass. Dinner at Rose and Crown ... request late reservation with seating on the patio so you can see the Illuminations fireworks show from dinner.

"These are a few of our favorite things."

Chim chimery!

dave

Oh boy, think you are overwhelmed now? Asking folks what you shouldn't miss is a sure fire way to get a million answers!
Here are some simple things that might get overlooked in the rush.
Don't miss walking down mainstreet in the Magic Kingdom, don't miss taking a family photo with Mickey Mouse in Toon Town.
If Spectromagic is running when you are visiting don't miss it, same with the fireworks over the castle.
Don't miss Spaceship Earth in Epcot or eating a Kaki Gori in Japan at the World Showcase. (Kaki Gori is a wonderful shaved ice treat)
Don't miss seeing the Tigers at Animal Kingdom and don't miss lunch at the Prime Time Cafe.
Take a TON of pictures and have a great time!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter