Help needed to decide which park to go in early March, 2013

Rocklands

Earning My Ears
Hi, this is my first post.

We plan to go to WDW in week of Mar. 4, 2013. I've done a lot of research and still have the trouble to decide which day for which park. We are a family of 5 with 3 kids from 3 to 8. This will be our first time in WDW. We plan to have afternoon break on Epcot and MK days, but not on AK and HS days. And we plan to do RD.

So here is my plan:
Monday: Epcot
Thursday: AK or rest
Saturday: AK or Orlando
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday will be 2 MK days and 1 HS day.

From what I read, I shouldn't go Thursday for MK because of morning EMH. We can do RD on Thursday but we don't plan to have park hopper, so we need to stick to MK for all day. I want to see MSEP and Wishes on our first MK day and they are scheduled at 7pm and 8pm for the whole week. But MK will close at 10pm for Tue and Fri, but close at 8pm on Wednesday.

What would you do? I really need your opinions to make my final decision. Your help is highly appreciated.

First of all:welcome:

Secondly, I'd like to recommend that you check out the easywdw.com web site. This is a free site that is brilliant with helping even veteran WDW visitors plan their park touring.

Josh has monthly calendars that give a lot of details including best/worst park recommendations. He also has detailed explanations for every day that go into why a park is/is not a good choice.

His blogs also give really good insight into how to maximize your park touring.

At the very least- look at the March 2013 calendar and read his daily summaries for each of your days.

Thanks guys.

I'm just checking Josh's website and Here is my plan:
Mon: Epcot
Tue: MK
Wed: MK
Thur: rest
Fri: HS
Sat: AK
Sun: Epcot

And for MSEP and Wishes, do you think I should see both on Tue or one on Tue and one on Wed time-wise. I don't want to spend too much time on waiting and I don't think we can move quickly enough between 2 shows with 3 little kids. From what I read, if I want to see them both on one day, I need to stake a spot along Main street or Hub one and half hour before parade which might be much time. But with MSEP or wishes on different day, I can find a good spot half an hour before the show. Is that true?

Your thoughts? Thanks.

Thanks guys.

I'm just checking Josh's website and Here is my plan:
Mon: Epcot
Tue: MK
Wed: MK
Thur: rest
Fri: HS
Sat: AK
Sun: Epcot

And for MSEP and Wishes, do you think I should see both on Tue or one on Tue and one on Wed time-wise. I don't want to spend too much time on waiting and I don't think we can move quickly enough between 2 shows with 3 little kids. From what I read, if I want to see them both on one day, I need to stake a spot along Main street or Hub one and half hour before parade which might be much time. But with MSEP or wishes on different day, I can find a good spot half an hour before the show. Is that true?

Your thoughts? Thanks.

I think everyone will agree that The Hub or along Main Street is the "preferred" viewing area. However, my experience shows that you can see both fine from Frontierlad with less crowds. You may want to hoof it from your spot in Frontierland over to Fantasyland for just a little better viewing spot though, and it will also get you close enough to hear the music and such. Crowds during the dates you listed will not be so crowded that it cant be done. Ive been in MK when its wall to wall people on Main Street and in the Hub, and was still able to find a spot to view Wishes near Sleepy Hollow right after watching MSEP in Frontierland.

I think everyone will agree that The Hub or along Main Street is the "preferred" viewing area. However, my experience shows that you can see both fine from Frontierlad with less crowds. You may want to hoof it from your spot in Frontierland over to Fantasyland for just a little better viewing spot though, and it will also get you close enough to hear the music and such. Crowds during the dates you listed will not be so crowded that it cant be done. Ive been in MK when its wall to wall people on Main Street and in the Hub, and was still able to find a spot to view Wishes near Sleepy Hollow right after watching MSEP in Frontierland.

I agree with all, except for the bold. Fantasyland is not, in my opinion, that great a spot to see Wishes because some effects will be in opposite directions. Other than pictures of 4oJ and NYE, I've never seen the Hub so crowded where it was not possible to find a decent spot there only 10-15 minutes before Wishes.

I would get rid of the "rest day" and go to Animal Kingdom on Thursday. I would sleep in and relax and then go to the park. With five people this should only add about $50. Well worth it in my opinion. Josh has The overall crowd level at a 4 this day and it becomes a 6 on Fri and the weekend will be busy.

I would do Epcot on Saturday instead of Sunday.

I would leave Sunday open and see which park everyone wants to do again. . .Having kids with similar ages I would go with the Least Recommended and hit Magic Kingdom one last time.

My other concern about MSEP is whether kids will enjoy the parade if we are not in first/second row. I know adults won't have problem to see, how about the little ones? Although we can't put them on our shoulders, at least we can hold them to the same height of our heads. But we only can carry two of them, the tallest is only 48" now. Any suggestions?

My other concern about MSEP is whether kids will enjoy the parade if we are not in first/second row. I know adults won't have problem to see, how about the little ones? Although we can't put them on our shoulders, at least we can hold them to the same height of our heads. But we only can carry two of them, the tallest is only 48" now. Any suggestions?

We always sit for the parade in Frontiertown and the kids have never, ever had a problem with getting front row seats for it. Sometimes cast members come out and have little games for the kids, other times we have done a bedtime snack while we wait. It really works out well as a wind down for the evening. And idk if you can rush back to the hub or not but my stepdaughter got some really awesome pics while she was over by BTMR. The only advantage to being near the hub would be to see Tink fly (if they still do that?). We're going the same week and I am nowhere near having which park on which day planned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter