Help needed on Animal Kingdom Lodge accomodation.

SugarPlumFairyUK

Mouseketeer
We have booked through a UK travel company at AKL in a 'standard' room. The extra £3000 (approx $5000) asked for a Savannah view for a 10 day stay is way too much for us.

Firstly, what kind of view can we expect? On the Disney UK site standard rooms are described as having 'extensive resort views' which sounds fine, however, the US Disney site suggest 'views of the parking lot or roof tops' (which sounds much less inspiring).

Secondly, I am a bit confused as to where we will stay... the AKL seems to be spoken of in three ways: Jambo House, Kidani Village and simply Animal Kingdom Lodge. This is a bit confusing and I wonder if someone could explain ... might we be placed in any one of these three?

Can anyone advise on parts of the hotel where there are pleasant standard room views?

Many thanks for any help and advice.

Have a browse on the Animal Kingdom threads on this forum - there are lots of pictures including some of views from non-savannah rooms.

The original AKL is Jambo House. Kidani is the DVC that was built next to Jambo House.

A standard view most likely will look out to the parking lots, but there are trees that buffer the view.

What about a pool view? They are just a little more then standard view. We've stayed both in pool and savana rooms, and while savana rooms are really nice, we enjoyed the pool view too, and the halls have big picture windows overlooking savannas, usually by elevators, and breaks in the buildings.

You will most likely stay in Jambo House. Although having a view is nice, you won't spend large amounts of time looking at it. We had a Savannah Room last year and probably spend more time in the viewing areas at ground level.

Watching the animals after a day or 2 is nice but is the same. Maybe they should let some lions loose back there. That would be exciting. :eek:

We've had the parking lot views. I will say, I thought there would be a lot of loud noise from the busses, but those sliding glass doors are pretty soundproof. Also, remember, both resorts have large covered porches that you can just walk out on to view the animals. Each afternoon, I'd grab a newspaper and just relax out there. There are plenty of chairs too.

My best guess is you'll be in a standard room at Jambo House. We love both Jambo and Kidani, and I think you'll be really happy at either.

While I prefer a Savanna view room, much of our time at the resort is spent outside of our room. There are so many places to view the Savanna and this is such a beautiful resort. There are plenty of threads with pictures of room views. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

There is nothing like a savannah view at AKL! We had a standard view once overlooking the parking lot and buses that came through all day and night. Within an hour we paid to be moved to a savannah view and lived on our patio. 2:00 in the morning and you can watch the animals being fed from your balcony. We had a pool view once that was fantastic. Apparently the hot tub is considered a pool and our room was right outside the hot tub ( never any noise) and we could sit on our patio and watch animals from one of the Savannah's that was 25 steps from our door. Check prices on a pool view. It would be much better than the standard view.

We have booked through a UK travel company at AKL in a 'standard' room. The extra £3000 (approx $5000) asked for a Savannah view for a 10 day stay is way too much for us.

Firstly, what kind of view can we expect? On the Disney UK site standard rooms are described as having 'extensive resort views' which sounds fine, however, the US Disney site suggest 'views of the parking lot or roof tops' (which sounds much less inspiring).

Secondly, I am a bit confused as to where we will stay... the AKL seems to be spoken of in three ways: Jambo House, Kidani Village and simply Animal Kingdom Lodge. This is a bit confusing and I wonder if someone could explain ... might we be placed in any one of these three?

Can anyone advise on parts of the hotel where there are pleasant standard room views?

Many thanks for any help and advice.

AKL refers to the main building and are non-dvc rooms. Reservations for AKL can only be made by the central reservation system, which is likely what you're looking at. Jambo House and Kidani Village refer specifically to the dvc portion of the hotel, the Villas. The 5th floor of Jambo House is for the dvc rooms. Kidani is all dvc rooms. Dvc rooms can be booked through the dvc site by a member or through central reservations ($$$$).

You'd likely be placed in an AKL non-dvc room, keep in mind there are also reclassified savannah view rooms that are now considered standard views - you could get lucky like we did last year.

Thanks everyone for your advice. I will probably look at a pool view room as would not like looking out over roads etc!

AKL refers to the main building and are non-dvc rooms. Reservations for AKL can only be made by the central reservation system, which is likely what you're looking at. Jambo House and Kidani Village refer specifically to the dvc portion of the hotel, the Villas. The 5th floor of Jambo House is for the dvc rooms. Kidani is all dvc rooms. Dvc rooms can be booked through the dvc site by a member or through central reservations ($$$$).

You'd likely be placed in an AKL non-dvc room, keep in mind there are also reclassified savannah view rooms that are now considered standard views - you could get lucky like we did last year.

Reclassified Savannah rooms - what are these? Might I be able to request one?

I was just searching for this very question! I'm UK also, when are you going?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter