Help needed for engagement planning

disney0829

Earning My Ears
I have decided I am going to propose to my girlfriend when we travel to Disney World in this coming summer. I have been to Disney many times in the past, but am having trouble planning for my engagement.

I have everything else planned out except for the location of popping the question. As it is now, her parents will be coming down to surprise her and join us for dinner that night. I want to propose during the day when we are at EPCOT, and it MUST be photographed by a Disney photographer (we will have memory maker). None of the countries are more special to us than the next, so it would be hard to pick a "favorite" one that has a lot of meaning to us.

Any ideas?

I have a wooden box holding a glass slipper that will have the ring inside attached to a pillow. I was thinking to maybe incorporate this into the picture...maybe asking the photographer to take a special "magic shot" with this box by saying "Tinkerbell will appear sitting on the box in the picture"...thoughts?

My parents will be going on this trip as well and they will be with us in the park for this.

If you want it to be a Photopass photographer then you need to obviously pick a location where one of them are which I think will negate the location I suggest....

Personally I don't get photographing the asking. I didn't need nor want my fiancé's proposal photographed and he just did it when he felt happy and the right time. THAT made it perfect.

BUT...in terms of location if you are selecting more fairytale themes I would pick England or France. You just need to find out where a Photopass photographer will hang out as THIS is going to restrict your choices...

The bridge just to the right of the international gateway on your way to France with a view of the Eiffel Tower always has a photopass photographer and is a very pretty spot. You could probably use the box just as you suggest in your post.

I have decided I am going to propose to my girlfriend when we travel to Disney World in this coming summer. I have been to Disney many times in the past, but am having trouble planning for my engagement.

I have everything else planned out except for the location of popping the question. As it is now, her parents will be coming down to surprise her and join us for dinner that night. I want to propose during the day when we are at EPCOT, and it MUST be photographed by a Disney photographer (we will have memory maker). None of the countries are more special to us than the next, so it would be hard to pick a "favorite" one that has a lot of meaning to us.

Any ideas?

I have a wooden box holding a glass slipper that will have the ring inside attached to a pillow. I was thinking to maybe incorporate this into the picture...maybe asking the photographer to take a special "magic shot" with this box by saying "Tinkerbell will appear sitting on the box in the picture"...thoughts?

My parents will be going on this trip as well and they will be with us in the park for this.

I've been giving this a lot of thought myself, although I decided to go with the Magic Kingdom. That being said, I would suggest three places, since you aren't beholden to any country.

The first being the entrance. You are bound to get a photographer there and it would be right in front of spaceship earth. Rather Cool (but it could be crowded).

The second and third are related. I like the idea of having spaceship earth in the background, its an icon. So I would suggest either Italy or Japan. At Italy, there is a nice sized raised area right at the World Showcase Lagoon. You are out of the path of people walking (big plus) and you would have Spaceship Earth in the background. The other would be at Japan in front of the Torii Gate, again at the foot of the World Showcase Lagoon, and you can capture Spaceship Earth and the Torii Gates in the background. The problem with Japan is that it can get crowded with people walking there and you might not be able to get a picture without other people in it. I would say Italy probably has the best chance of having pictures with just the two of you. I'm not sure if there would be a photographer there however.

Something else to consider is to clue the photographer in on what is happening. If you spring it on him like her, you might not get the moment captured. You might want to go up to him and say "I'm about to propose" or if you are concerned that your soon to be fiancee might read lips, prepare a small business size card that you can give to the photographer that says you are about to propose. Maybe write, "It's a surprise, I'm about to propose." If your parents are in on this, they might be able to grab a photographer ahead of time so they are at the location you want. They can also clue the photographer in.

Good luck and don't forget to post the pictures after the deed is done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter