HELP!! Need Suggestions!

applegirlrn

Earning My Ears
We will be taking our second trip to WDW this Fall, 9/25/10-10/2/10. :cheer2: I have made my reservations, VWL, and we are getting the Disney Dining Plan. I have noticed when researching a lot of the table service restaurants that most of them suggest reservations. Has anyone gone during this time of year and and seen what the table service restaurants are like. I don't want to have to make reservations for every meal I eat. :confused3 I am going to make some for character dining. Just wondering thanks for any ideas and suggestions!

You've probably seen people say this before on the boards, but it really is true. You should make a reservation for every meal that you don't intend to eat counter service. Especially if they are offering free dining, pretty much all the restaurants will be booked to capacity, all the time. The only likely exception is lunchtime in resort restaurants, when you may be able to walk in. Better to make too many reservations and cancel a couple, than not to be able to eat anywhere. Everytime I check in for an ADR, I can hear them turning people away, and I've been turned away myself.

We also hate being tied down to reservations but know how important it is to have them when going to WDW, especially during the usual free dining time period.
If you do not make them, you likely will not be eating anywhere for dinner. The restaurants are packed, especially the good ones.
The only other suggestion would be to call Dining reservations on the day of and see what they have available for that night.

Yes, we went Sept 20-27, 2008 with the Free Dining and had reservations for every single sit-down meal that we ate. The two I remember waiting for (even with an ADR) were LTT (this is when they still had characters) and CP . . . both were dinner ADR's.

Just plan your parks each day & you should be able to easily pick the restaurants from there . . . but I'd highly suggest that you have ADR's.

WDW has already offered bounce back free dining for your dates, so the odds are very good free dining will be going on for the general public during those dates also. Plus the first weekend in October is when the Food & Wine Festival starts. I was there that first weekend this past Sept/Oct and was really surprised at the crowds. We go every year around that time for free dining and have never seen it as crowded as it was that week. Crowds weren't bad compared to say spring break or summer, but it was still more crowded than I've ever seen it at that time of year. I was on the DxDDP, so had ALOT of ADRs. At most of them I was seated well after my ADR times, even though I had arrived early. I saw many walk ups turned away (Tusker House, Yak & Yeti, Le Cellier, Rose & Crown, Tutto Italia, Crystal Palace, Boma, Yatchsman, California Grill, Narcoosee, Mama Melrose, and maybe a few others).

Please make ADRs for every meal you might want to eat a TS. Program the dining number into your phone and once you get down there you can always try to make changes on the fly, but at least you won't be eating CS all week.

I agree! If you want to eat at any table service restaurants for dinner, then make the ADR's. If you want them for lunch, you can take your chances that they have walk ups available but be prepared to wait a long time or be turned away. Good luck

I was going to ask this question too! Thanks for the info!

You are much, much better off making a reservation! If you are unsure of your schedule you can make a few extra and always cancel later. That is what we do. Last week I cancelled and Ohana, a Le Cellier and a 50's because I had narrowed my schedule and was not going to need them on those days. The people that end up getting any you cancel will be so glad that you cancelled and you will keep your options open. Better to be safe than sorry ESPECIALLY during free dining times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter