• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help, need suggestions for CS at MK!

mamaof2

Mouseketeer
Hi,

2nd trip to WDW coming up fast.
I need some suggestions for using up counter service at Magic Kingdom. Not very experienced. Any advice out there for me?
TIA

Columbia Harbor House and Caseys are our favorites at MK.
But I have heard alot of good comments about Pecos Bill, mainly because of the burger toppings bar they have there.
I was not impressed with Cosmic Ray's

The Panini at Pinochio's V.H. was REALLY good! But my Dh got a different sandwich that was boring and bland, I can't even remember what it was....

Columbia Harbor House is our favorite. We always have lunch there on our first MK day. I love the tuna and ham sandwiches and the chowder, DH loves the chili and hummus sandwich and the kids like the chicken strips - what else? When we were there in July they had chocolate cake for dessert which the kids just went wild over!

Thank you all for your suggestions. I wasn't even sure if I could do the CS at MK. I was ready to go back to the resort and have lunch at their pepper market. I was at WDW this past Sept. and waisted 2 CS because we did not want to go back to the hotel. Lack of knowledge, :) , well again
thank you all....
I'll be visiting the mouse in a couple more days--

I second the panini at Pinochio's in Fantasyland. It was scrumptious. I also don't remember what DH or the kids had, but everyone left full and happy. The only thing I didn't like were the baked potato chips that came with it. I can't stand baked chips and was disappointed they didn't have regular to substitue for those of us that don't care to "diet" on vacation! :rolleyes2 :confused3 I think we were allowed to substitute somethinge else--carrots maybe?

If you were thinking about using the CS at the Pepper Market, IMO that is a great idea. The quality of the food would be better at PM than a CS at MK. (Although the chicken and rib combo at Cosmic Ray' is pretty good)

I am going to use CS credits for lunch at Pepper Market at least twice on my trip in Sept/Oct. I usually stop for at CSR for lunch after a morning at AK and before going over to MK for the afternoon and evening

. :cool1: :cool1: :thumbsup2

Columbia Harbor House is our favorite CS place in the MK. We LOVE the Tuna Sandwich. Great on a hot day, and the bread is so YUMMY :thumbsup2 Sit upstairs, very quiet and relaxing while looking out the window.

Another vote for Columbia Harbour House. The food is really good, and not your usual CS fare.

Wow, now I really must have a MK map--Columbia house we shall try....
I still have 2 more CS---this is actually fun. You are all so great. Now the quest is finding something to feed my 2 and 4 yr dds. true PBJ fanatics. I don't know how they don't get sick off the stuff. They really love it. My dd likes PB and bananas-YUK-what are the chances that I could find that --oh let me guess...0. LOL
The quest of a mommy never ends. :rolleyes:

I even have my snacks planned out....FROZEN BANANAS..YUMMY.
Anyone tried them?
They are great. I just hope they still have them. :thumbsup2

Chocolate bananas are so yummy! I think they are only found in AK...I might be wrong though. At MK, my family loves to dine at the Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace (beef and broc) and cosmic rays (1/2 chicken dinner with mashed potatoes and carrots). Columbia Harbor House is also great too! I am getting excited about thinking of these CS...I miss Disney!

1. Cosmic Rays....LOVE the ribs & chicken combo! Great value..enough to share.

2. Columbia House....great clam chowder...wasn't too fussed on the sandwhiches tho...I just go for the chowder.

3. Casey's Corner on Main Street....2 words...CHILI DOGS!!!!! (and the fries aren't too bad either!)

*droooooools* geeze...now I'm hungry and there isn't a scrap of food in the pantry *sigh*

DaniDownUnder,

Congrats on your soon to be wedding. Wow-it's pretty close for you.. :bride: :lovestruc :groom:
Well, I like Caseys corner also--ahh-nothing says burps like chili dogs. :goodvibes
I squeezed my chili dog so hard that the dog flew out of the bun-how embarrasing!!! It fell right on the counter. The server was laughing at me-told me to take it easy. Then he realized that it was because my then 2 and 3 yr old dds were tugging at my pants. I was so ANGRY> I quess we do become extra strong when angry. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Again, thanks for the tips.....
***Wait a minute***Do you mean to tell me that I could have used CS at Caseys corner????
Man, that's wrong! I paid cash because I didn't want to go back to the hotel for lunch. Oh well-what shall be---shall be. :badpc:

cdntourguide said:
If you were thinking about using the CS at the Pepper Market, IMO that is a great idea. The quality of the food would be better at PM than a CS at MK. (Although the chicken and rib combo at Cosmic Ray' is pretty good)

I am going to use CS credits for lunch at Pepper Market at least twice on my trip in Sept/Oct. I usually stop for at CSR for lunch after a morning at AK and before going over to MK for the afternoon and evening

. :cool1: :cool1: :thumbsup2

I am right there with you. I love CSR. I always have Breakfast everyday there, and most of my lunches. But it so happens to be that became challenging running around catching buses with my 2 dds ages 2 and 4. They were horrible I must say. I am going back on my 2nd trip to WDW---super excited by the way. We are doing the cruise 1st. I know better this time.
Now I know of a few places I can use my CS at.
Thanks a ton to all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter