Help! Need Creative Baby Shower Gift Idea

Soulsearching

DIS Veteran
There are going to be around a hundred people at this baby shower and already the baby registry is cleaned out.

I want to bring a creative baby gift to the shower. Willing to spend between $50 and $100, but no more.

We know it's going to be a boy.

Please give me all your creative ideas. TIA

Maybe if you did something like a candy bouquet but instead it was all baby wash cloths? Here's and example
lollipop-washcloth-instructions-video-round-style.jpg

Lollipop-washcloth-instructions.jpg

I dont have a picture, but this one is always a big hit at showers.....

My mom always makes these.... take a sleeper and stuff it with diapers so it is filled out like a baby, place a bottle in the crotch area (inside the sleeper) if the baby is a girl the bottle is nipple is inside the bottle, it its a boy the nipple is outside the bottle like its ready to drink. If you can get a baby picture of one of the parents blow it up and tape it to a diaper and use that as the face of the baby. Wrap the baby in a hooded towel or blanket. You can also stuff it with outfits and onesies if you want. They have to undress the baby to see if its a boy or a girl. Kind of hard to explain but always popular.

I used to create "Baby's Firsts" plates for folks when I owned my own business, that looked similar to the one my hubby made for me as a surprise for our shower...
19366_359676022003_826802003_4945172_5550342_n.jpg

You could do something similar at a paint your own pottery place. I always provided the customer with a permanent marker to write the date that the baby achieved that milestone. I liked it because they were usually unique. (I still would have been doing these if I could have afforded my own kiln.)

For my baby shower my friend and mother each made me a clothes line of clothes. You can get an actual clothes line (or a piece of thinner rope will do) and some clothespins. Hang the clothes on the line and put into a laundry basket or bag. My mother put holiday outfits on her line and my friend put clothes, shoes and socks on hers. It was a really cute idea and a great way for everyone to see the outfits. You just have to instruct the person opening the gift and their helpers that someone needs to hold each end. :laundy:

Diaper cakes are always cute if you can find someone to make one. And I know this isn't really cute, but a gift card for the mom to be would be something greatly appreciated I'm sure. If there are going to be that many people at the shower there probably aren't any baby things left that they need, but a nice massage for mom (before or after baby comes), a house keeper, etc to help mom after baby comes were some of the best gifts I got!

I am a picture kind of person... how about gift cards to a local photo studio.. you could put the gift card inside of a nice frame or something. or how about a pamper me bag for the mommy to be? baby shower gifts don't have to be 100% focused on the baby as a happy mommy helps you have a happy baby! you can always give some practical gifts (like the soaps, wipes, diapers, ) and then include a hand made "coupon" book for stuff like free baby sitting, or free dinners or laundry duty.. stuff like that... if they have a dog, some dog walking ones would be good. basically anything that could give the new mommy a break.

back when I was preg w/ my oldest, I had a friend who was basically BROKE (was going through some tough times) so she made me a booklet with all kinds of random coupons..home pedi's, washing & stlying my hair (WHY does it feel SOOO good when someone else washes your hair?) Movie night (at home w/ the baby) walks with me and the baby, laundry (ohh I LOOVED the laundry coupons I despise doing laundry!) basically tons of "time" things.. didn't really cost her anything financially I'm not saying this is your case (obviously) but just pointing out that some of the best gifts are not actual items!

100 Guests will be too many baby gifts. I second the idea for a mom gift. Housecleaner or meals maybe.

I am a picture kind of person... how about gift cards to a local photo studio.. you could put the gift card inside of a nice frame or something. or how about a pamper me bag for the mommy to be? baby shower gifts don't have to be 100% focused on the baby as a happy mommy helps you have a happy baby! you can always give some practical gifts (like the soaps, wipes, diapers, ) and then include a hand made "coupon" book for stuff like free baby sitting, or free dinners or laundry duty.. stuff like that... if they have a dog, some dog walking ones would be good. basically anything that could give the new mommy a break.

I agree - a photo studio GC is a great idea...

And can I add...a bunch of baby books are a great idea!

What about GC's for local take-out places for after they get home from the hospital?

I would get a stack of books. Not just baby books, but books for various childhood ages. Choose titles that are significant to you, whether they were your favorites in your youth, or the ones you've enjoyed with your own children. Inside each book, include a bookplate with a sentence or two on what that book means to you and why the new baby will enjoy it.

With $50-$100 you should be able to get 5-10 hardcovers; double that if you buy paperbacks. I can't imagine receiving a better or more thoughtful gift.

I would get a stack of books. Not just baby books, but books for various childhood ages. Choose titles that are significant to you, whether they were your favorites in your youth, or the ones you've enjoyed with your own children. Inside each book, include a bookplate with a sentence or two on what that book means to you and why the new baby will enjoy it.

With $50-$100 you should be able to get 5-10 hardcovers; double that if you buy paperbacks. I can't imagine receiving a better or more thoughtful gift.

I love the book ideal! as much as I love to read, I can't believe that I never thought of this one!

We ALWAYS do a Daddy diaper bag.

We get a "man" bag and put the essestials in it. Diapers, wipes, an outfit, blankie, etc.

we always do funny lil notes and attach them to the products

They have always gone over very well.

We put a big tag on the bag that says something like Dad's Survival Kit

I love the book ideal! as much as I love to read, I can't believe that I never thought of this one!

Thanks! I threw a book-themed baby shower for a friend last summer and she loved it! Each guest brought a book and her mother presented her with an amazing collection of books that had been in the family for two and three generations. Can't go wrong with books!

My mother and I had the same problem with my sister in law's baby shower. We went together and bought a John Deere wagon and filled it with baby clothes all different sizes and different seasons. We also put larger size diapers and wipes in it because everyone always wants to buy the smaller sizes. It was a huge hit. By far the most talk about and appreciated gift since we thought down the road for the baby.

I fell in love with babywearing with DD#2 - so if she didn't register for a wrap or good carrier, that's what I would get. Wrap: Moby, Anaju by 3 Tree Designs:, LoveyDuds. (Even if she registered for a Bjorn or Snugli - those stink so get her a good one!) :)

Hi Soul!

I'll second the diaper cake. Those are big hits around here. They are easier to make than they look. Tons of online tutorials at YouTube.
You could use those adorable baby washcloth lollipops on it too!

I'm going to make one for a neighbor. She's having her second girl.

I'd love a gift certificate for a prenatal massage! Gifts of time are great too, or gifts that are time-savers, like a homemade certificate to provide meals after baby's born, or an offer to vacuum or do laundry or something. I know I'm not thrilled doing them now...after I have a newborn? Even more so!

I'd love a gift certificate for a prenatal massage! Gifts of time are great too, or gifts that are time-savers, like a homemade certificate to provide meals after baby's born, or an offer to vacuum or do laundry or something. I know I'm not thrilled doing them now...after I have a newborn? Even more so!

Love the idea of the massage. I got one for both of my kids. Heaven!!!!

How about a nursing nightgown and matching robe for the hospital. Then make a bag of travel size shower gel, shampoo and lotion for her first shower. My daughter loved this for each of her 3 children!!

I think the best ideas suggested thus far have been a certificate for a housecleaner, portrait session for baby, stack of books, and restaurant gift cards. Or, always, a gift card to any of the stores she registered at for baby. She can always use the gift cards for diapers (or other supplies if she's cloth diapering).

I wouldn't buy clothes -- everyone always buys clothes & blankets. No stuffed animals, either. You could maybe purchase several toys for ages 6mos+ so she has a few things for baby to grow into playing with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter