Help! Need advice on booking AAA vs. Disney

Lori Fuhrmann

Earning My Ears
Long story short, I booked a package without dining for POR about a month ago through AAA. I was hoping to get FD added to it.
My spidey senses told me that just in case AAA dropped the ball and couldn't get me FD added, I should book online through Disney the morning that FD was announced.
So I did just that this morning at 4 am. I got my exact dates, just had to upgrade to pool view which is fine.
So my plan was to cancel that if AAA got it for me too.
Well they couldn't get me POR at all. So I told them I booked it his morning.
They told me that I can turn the reservation over to them if I'd like.
What are the benefits of doing that besides the $50.00 GC they will give me (which definitely helps)?
Thanks in advance for any help!!

Long story short, I booked a package without dining for POR about a month ago through AAA. I was hoping to get FD added to it.
My spidey senses told me that just in case AAA dropped the ball and couldn't get me FD added, I should book online through Disney the morning that FD was announced.
So I did just that this morning at 4 am. I got my exact dates, just had to upgrade to pool view which is fine.
So my plan was to cancel that if AAA got it for me too.
Well they couldn't get me POR at all. So I told them I booked it his morning.
They told me that I can turn the reservation over to them if I'd like.
What are the benefits of doing that besides the $50.00 GC they will give me (which definitely helps)?
Thanks in advance for any help!!

Honestly, I'm working with a AAA TA that I know just because I had never used one before and thought I'd give it a go. I doubt I'll ever do it again. Not that have been any issues, but I know my way around enough that I'm telling him about promotions and searching for flight changes on my own. Then I just tell him to make the changes. The best part has been that he did all the work when they notified me we would be leaving 7 hours earlier than expected and I had to look for something else. Otherwise, I'm booking all my ADRs and FastPasses. Next time I'll book it all on my own.

Aaaaand... just got an email from him that he was unable to get any of the current fall discounts for my trip. Which is only like $300, but it's still $300. Had I done this on my own, I would have been able to take care of it yesterday.

Aaaaand... just got an email from him that he was unable to get any of the current fall discounts for my trip. Which is only like $300, but it's still $300. Had I done this on my own, I would have been able to take care of it yesterday.

Yeah they didn't help me do anything at all. I was just trying to see if there was any benefit with switching it over to them. There isn't. And I decided that I'm not going to let them take the reservation over just so I can get $50 gift card. They don't deserve to take the booking over if they didn't do anything. And she flat out lied and said that Disney told her POR was not included in the FD promotion.
I booked it in my own and I am going to keep it with Disney reservations! Take that AAA lol
I got POR pool view 8/27-9/4...so excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter