• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HELP....Need a Steakhouse on Property

jsrj21

Frathouse
I'll get right to the facts:

My only son is graduating HS this month and we will be celebrating it via a 10-Day WDW trip in August. I have some Disney Rewards through my Disney Chase Visa so I'm also throwing in a couple of meals at restaurants that we've really never been as a surprise. I know he'd love to eat at Crystal Palace [which I think we're going to do] but he has always wanted to eat at a steakhouse on property. Problem is I/we've never been. I need suggestions for a steakhouse PLEASE......:confused:

Getting reservations is my biggest concern. I appreciate all of your help.

Shula's tends to get wonderful reviews on here, but they are very pricy. Yachtsman Steakhouse also gets great reviews. Le Cellier gets good reviews as well, but the other two mentioned seems to get the best.

I love Yachstman Steakhouse in the Yacht Club (returning there in, like, 6 days!) but have heard very good things about Shula's too!

My only son is graduating HS this month and we will be celebrating it via a 10-Day WDW trip in August. I have some Disney Rewards through my Disney Chase Visa so I'm also throwing in a couple of meals at restaurants that we've really never been as a surprise. I know he'd love to eat at Crystal Palace [which I think we're going to do] but he has always wanted to eat at a steakhouse on property. Problem is I/we've never been. I need suggestions for a steakhouse PLEASE......:confused:

Two of our favorites are Artist Point at WL and Yachtsman Steakhouse at the YC. Both have awesome filet (with Artist Point having great salmon as well).

Two of our favorites are Artist Point at WL and Yachtsman Steakhouse at the YC. Both have awesome filet (with Artist Point having great salmon as well).

I had heard of Artist Point but never paid any attention to it. Looks like it will make the short list....Thanks so much. Yachtsman I had heard of and Le Cellier but have never been. Thanks again.

I would try Shula's - have read wonderful things! If it has to be a Disney property, then I suppose Yachtsman.

I had heard of Artist Point but never paid any attention to it. Looks like it will make the short list....Thanks so much. Yachtsman I had heard of and Le Cellier but have never been. Thanks again.

You're welcome. Have a great trip :).

I enjoy both Shula's and Yachtsman (I slightly prefer Yachtsman because its a Disney restaurant not a Chain like Shula's and I know a waiter there personally and he adds to the experience) Le Cellier is alright but IMO behind both Yachtsman and Shula's...

My suggestions for each restaurant are:

Yachtsman - I actually went here when I graduated from High School :thumbsup2
Onion Rolls
28oz Porterhouse (my favorite steak on WDW property)
Truffle Mac and Cheese
Creme Brûlée

Shula's -
I enjoy the Filet however Any of the steaks are good they are high quality and Wet Aged! -
Chocolate Souffle is excellent!

Le Cellier -
20 oz Dry Aged Bone - in Ribeye! I used to order this with the truffle butter and Mushroom risotto and it was EXCELLENT however the risotto changed so I cannot comment on if its as good as it used to be

My favorite Non Signature Steak is the NY Strip at Kona Cafe it has a teriyaki glaze and a Pineapple salsa thats very good!

*On a side note my favorite NY Strip on property is at Flying Fish and my favorite Filet is at California Grill or Jiko :)

Shula's is my first pick and Yachtman the second. We are not fans of LeCellier. I would suggest going to the menus and check out the choices and prince. What is a splurge to one person, is not for another. Both mentioned choices are pricey so be sure they are options for you.

Take Shula's off the list if you intend to use Visa Rewards to pay, the restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin don't accept them.

Of the Disney restaurants there are only two "dedicated" steakhouses, Le Cellier and Yachtsman.

There are plenty of restaurants that are not "steakhouses" but have a steak or two on their menu.

I would drop Artist Point from your list. It isn't a steakhouse and our experience there was TERRIBLE. Bland food, poor service and not much variety but a signature price!
On the other hand, yachtsman steakhouse was tremendous! Impeccable service every time we have eaten there. Food to die for fixed exactly as requested and an atmosphere that was comfortable and relaxing.

Yachtsmen is my favorite restaurant on property, it's one that we do Everytime we go:) a bonus if anyone drinks iced tea is they give you a simple syrup to sweeten it and it's absolutely delish:)

Another vote for Yachtsman!!! We've never had a bad meal there!! Great food - great atmosphere - great service!!! Steaks are excellent - cooked to order! And the creme brulee is so good!!!

We did both Yachtsman and Le Cellier on our last trip. I think service was better at Yachtsman, and it was quieter. The food was excellent at both. I preferred the Le Cellier bone-in ribeye to the NY Strip I got at Yachtsman, but I think that's mostly because it was a bone-in ribeye :). I'd say look at the menus and pick based on them, because the difference in quality isn't very big--both are excellent.

One other point since you're celebrating a graduation--Yachtsman will print a menu for you to take home for your celebration (we got one as it was our first wedding anniversary). Le Cellier won't do that.

Take Shula's off the list if you intend to use Visa Rewards to pay, the restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin don't accept them.

Of the Disney restaurants there are only two "dedicated" steakhouses, Le Cellier and Yachtsman.

There are plenty of restaurants that are not "steakhouses" but have a steak or two on their menu.

This. And Yachtsman is clearly the superior restaurant.

So if its a dedicated steakhouse, Yachtsman.

As TDC Nala says, other restaurants have steak--but usually just one cut and no other choice.

I'd put the Bull & Bear on the list - it's over in the Bonnet Creek area so you'll need your own car or a taxi to get there.

Hands down one of the best steak houses I've been to anywhere. It's priced similar to Shula's but the service and meal are top notch. They have a scrumptious dessert select.

If your leaning for a WDW option - YSH is decent with a range of steaks. All the other restaurants seem to serve the same beef filet though served differently.

Shula's is my first pick and Yachtman the second. We are not fans of LeCellier. I would suggest going to the menus and check out the choices and prince. What is a splurge to one person, is not for another. Both mentioned choices are pricey so be sure they are options for you.

Great advice. Checked out all of the steakhouses and their menus. I'm torn between Le Cellier and Yachtsman.....maybe leaning a little towards Yachtsman....:thumbsup2 Thanks for the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter