Help...Need a new Father/daughter song!

Malibelle

<font color=magenta>Malibelle<font color=darkorchi
I had my song picked out before I even got engaged. What a wonderful WOrld by Louie Armstrong! My FMIL just to my DF today she wants to dance the the same song but by Rod Stewart. She has no back up song.

I need a new song that is not too mushy like "Daddy's little girl". Kind of a neutral song as I am not as close to my dad as my mom.

Any suggestions would help! thanks!

At my first wedding, I danced to a classic called "Where does the time go?". It was actually re-recorded by Barry Manilow and appeared on his "Singin' with the Big Bands" CD (came out about 10 years ago). It's a nice song, not mushy like Butterfly kisses or Daddy's Little girl.

Have a great time at the wedding!

I didn't have a "traditional" wedding. Does the Bride and Father and the Groom and Mother dance two separate songs? I thought that they danced the same song. Can you all dance to the same song? Can you talk to FMIL into the Louis Armstrong version and all dance together? I shudder to think of what Rod Stewart did to that song.

My friend and her father last year danced to "Thank heaven for little girls". Not a traditional song or overly mushy.

To Sir with love

Forever young

Have I told you lately that I love you

does anyone have a sund clip of rascal flatts "my wish"

i am sorry i cant help with this topic becasue i am in need of the same thing--- good luck i am appreciating all the suggestions also

I feel like such a sap-- im getting emotional just thinking of fathers and daughters dancing to these songs... its always an emotional part of the wedding. :sad1:

We used 'I Hope You Dance'. We also combined the parents dances.

We are totally non traditional and are using "Isn't she Lovely" by Stevie Wonder. It a great song and Stevie wrote it about his daughter. We didn't want it to be too big of a cry fest!

"In my arms" by Mark wills...I think
"My little girl" by tim McGraw
"My wish" by Rascal Flatts...thats a good idea
My dad is dedicating the song "I loved her first" by heartland to my DF and I...

"My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw might be a good one for you. It's not too mushy.
We used "I loved her first" by Heartland. It just fit for my dad and I.

"My Wish" is a really beautiful song. If you go to lyrics.com and type in the title or just Rascal Flatts, you should be able to find the words. Or you can go to Amazon.com to find the clip. That's what I do when I don't know a song. Good luck.

"Daddys hands' by Holly Dunn That was our weddding song for my dance with my dad.

"My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw might be a good one for you. It's not too mushy.
We used "I loved her first" by Heartland. It just fit for my dad and I.

"My Wish" is a really beautiful song. If you go to lyrics.com and type in the title or just Rascal Flatts, you should be able to find the words. Or you can go to Amazon.com to find the clip. That's what I do when I don't know a song. Good luck.

My dad and I are going to dance to I loved her first by Heartland as well. I just love that song.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I narrowed it down to "The Way you look tonight". ITs a swing version and will be perfect. Thank god we have the music in place now. I can check it off the list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter