HELP! My Family Doesn't Understand My Disney Obsession: a horror story

Well we've always gone to WDW every 2 years, but now that's really starting to be too long to be away for me. (I'm sure most DISers will understand this)
We're going this February, and I'm trying to convince my family to plan another trip for sooner than 2012, but it seems to be no use.
"We already go a lot," they say or, "that's too much!"

Any other DISers been in this situation? Any advice? Any stories?
TIA!

My DH feels the same way about Disney. So for my last two trips I've brought my mom. In March we took DS who was 2.5 at the time. My newborn was at home he was 11 weeks. My DH thought it would be beneficial for older DS to get time with just me away from the baby, he encouraged the trip.

I now have a trip coming up in January and just me and mom are going and I'm leaving both kids at home with DH!

I think DH will end up going every other year or every couple years and I'll alternate bringing one of my sons with me...or both of them when they are older or I'll bring my mom....there's always someone to go with!

I'm loving all this feedback, keep it coming!
The only problem with solo trips (I would love to, and probably will someday) is I'm still a minor! :)
My parents and sister love WDW, but after 9 days there every other year they're DISed-out.
I'm planning my college program, and I'm already thinking about how I'll raise my own family of DISfreaks :upsidedow

I agree with most of the other posters. We have our family trips and then we have other trips. I've done two golf trips with the guys (yes we received crap from friends for guys going to WDW together) we've done a couple Mom & Dad only trips as well. But we also own DVC and we bought the membership to use as much as we can. The kids don't mind as they always get some good gifts when I come back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter