• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HELP! Most inexpensive trip in 3 weeks HOW???

mytwinklestar

Mouseketeer
My friend needs a package or a combo of room only and then tickets for her family. The dates are Sept 2-9. The prices have seemed to increase dramatically from a couple of weeks ago when she first started looking. Room only at Pop was $578. Now the same reservation is showing $758! They are on a tight budget. Any advice??? They have someone traveling with them who is retired military and it is believed that a four day ticket can be purchased for their group for under $200.00. Any advice as to how to make this happen for my friends is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Keep checking for discount codes. I just booked 7 days at GF with the plus dining plan for $3,800 for aug 15th - 22nd. It can be done!

Prices don't change for the same dates. I just priced a room only reservation for Sept 2-9 and got $758, so your friend must have misread it the first time, especially since you said she originally saw $578, which is a transposition of $758. (It breaks down to $92 a night for Sep 2-6, $107 per night for Sep 7-8 and 12.5% tax.)

The All-Star Music is coming in at $722 for those same dates. One suggestion might be a split stay with a few nights off property. If the last few nights of their stay are more expensive, they could stay at a far cheaper hotel just off property and reserve those days for non-park activities. You mentioned they were only planning on purchasing a 4 days ticket anyway.

I recall reading about military discounts for tickets that sounded like a good price. I would check on mousesavers.com. There are lots of deals listed and lots of advice for saving $$.

I find that packing food for breakfast saves a lot of $ and time since we don't have to all go eat together; one can eat while another is showering/getting dressed. I bring disposable foam cups and instant oatmeal packets & just run water through the coffeemaker to get hot water. Also I bring travel size cold cereal cups and just buy milk to keep in the fridge once we arrive.
Here is a good website for all things travel size and lots of cereal options. They're small so I estimate 2 for adults/teens.
http://www.minimus.biz/default.aspx

I have bought from them many times and they're great to do business with. I like to wait until I need $20 worth of stuff so I get free shipping. :thumbsup2

if they have AAA call disney directly. Their rates don't show on the website.

The rate with the late summer room discount at Pop for Sept 2-9 in a standard room is $720.37 total. I believe this is going to be the least expensive option but I'm not sure about AAA rates. Hope that helps!

"Special Offers" on the Walt Disney World homepage (scroll to the bottom) has the military discount info there.

The rate with the late summer room discount at Pop for Sept 2-9 in a standard room is $720.37 total. I believe this is going to be the least expensive option but I'm not sure about AAA rates. Hope that helps!

Sorry, I didn't read your entire post (bad me). The military discounted rate will be your least expensive option. They will have to call in to book...military rates cannot be booked online! Hope it all works out for them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter