• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

help Mom is going to be 70

nancijin

Earning My Ears
need ideas for mom turning 70, we will be taking her to dinner but want to do something special, any ideas

If you or your mom are members of a church or other group you could ask everyone to send her birthday cards. The goal would be for her to get 70.

For my mother's 90th my sister and I hosted a luncheon at a nearby Marriott. There were about 130 Guests. There were very few physical gifts, but lots of people got up and discussed memorable moments involving my mother. The physical gifts tended to be photos or newspaper articles.

This was not able to be a surprise as my mother worked with us on the guest list.

We're now starting to figure what we will do for her 95th next July.

My mom will be 90 in two weeks and we are having a party.

but, as someone who is up there --- here is what i would love from my kids - Put up a new vertical blind to replace the one from when you visited and your dog chewed a hole in it.
Paint my bathroom(you could redecorate too, I won't mind), clean my gutters, help us move heavy stuff, get your stuff out of my house and into your own so i have room for my stuff. I don't need anything, but I sure can't do a lot of heavy lifting or climbing anymore.
Also I enjoyed some meals that my son sent when i had surgery, they were from DineWise.

For my Grandma's 80th birthday, we made her a list of "80 things we love about you" and printed it out on a pretty piece of parchment-type paper. She absolutely loved it! She even framed it and put in on her wall. I thought it would be hard to come up with 80 things, but it was easier than we thought and it was such a wonderful tribute to her.

My mom turns 70 in January and I've been wondering what we will do also. My father gave her a really big 60th party and they are trying to work on their house to put it on the market (hopefully things will rebound by then).

We are probably going to have a small cocktail party at my house and here's a gift I found on one of the threads here:

http://www.voicequilt.com/ideaCenter/voicesamples.php

Either get as many people you can to call or have only special family members participate.

we did a restaurant one year and for her 75th we had a party at my sisters house. she took alot of pics. and we ended up putting them into a nice album. my sister decorated it with all that scrap booking stuff. it was then given to my mom. it came out GREAT. we also wrote diff. messages on the blank paper that came in the album cover. all of her kids and some of the grandchildren. it was really nice. We also had a beautiful BIG cake...that was good. we all had a great time. i like the house parties.

When my dad turned 75 we had a big blow out dinner at a nice restaurant during the Thanksgiving weekend when alot of relatives were in town and we got him 75 scratchoff lottery tickets. He of course shared them with the kids. Lots of fun.

Maybe everyone could pitch in some money for her to go & see a play or something on stage. That would be a memorable night out for her if she doesn't go to the theatre much.

We celebrated my MIL's 70th 2 years ago. Her kids are all over the US so we chose a middle spot and had a family reunion. It was nice because it was just her kids, spouses, and grandkids.

We also had each kid's family (she has 6) do some scrapbook pages. She loves her book and it was so interesting seeing all the different ways we did it.

So for her having family around and a sentimental gift were the best things that could happen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter