Help! MK on Xmas day okay?

JodyTG

A new pair of shoes can change your life.
Okay...we basically have our trip planned out and had planned on being at the MK on Christmas Day and having dinner at LTT. But I've just read a post that someone left...

"...the only piece of advice I can give you is DO NOT GO TO THE MAGIC KINGDOM ON CHRISTMAS DAY..We went and left in 10 min as you can not even walk ,you are just shoulder to shoulder and it is truly horrible.."

Is this true? Should I think about adjusting our plans?

Thanks!
Jody

Sounds like we are going to be there the same time you are. I took my kids by myself Christmas 2001. We were in MK christmas day. I didn't think it was too bad. The weather was cold so maybe that was a factor. Yes it was busy and this wasn't a day to try to do all of the rides, but we had a great time. We also had dinner at LTT. It was great. We will be there this time with my husband alo, military permiting. I cannot think of a better way to spend Christmas day.

It was me that posted about being shoulder to shoulder in MK..It was so bad that you could not even walk..it was not a question of even going on the rides..you could not even walk down MS it felt like you were just being pushed by all the people that were there..we love MK and it is the most wonderful place to, be but not on CHRISTMAS DAY..sorry if I am scaring you but be afraid be very afraid..we really left cause we were afraid for the 2 DG'S with us..their parents were afraid that they would be swept up by the crowd and I had to agree with them..whatever you decide to do please keep a tight hold on the little ones..if it was me I would go to Epcot as it is big enough to swallow the crowds..Marianne

I know a guy that used to work security at Epcot a couple of years back. I asked him exactly how busy they really are on Christmas day. He told me that they had to shut down the parking lot by noon because there were too many people in the park.

I plan on being at MK on Christmas Day, too! I've never been at Christmas so I am looking forward to it! I'd much rather be cold and crowded than hot and crowded like July! :D

We were there on Xmas day in '89 during a cold spell when it was 20 degrees out!! I know we're talking a long time back here and there were only 3 parks then but I recall hearing that there were 90,000 people in the park that day!! I can't even believe it could hold that many so they may have been talking about altogether but it sure seemed like a heck of a lot of people! :)

If you do go, at least you'll be warm, with all those other bodies around ya!! :teeth:

We have been to WDW many times at Christmas. Several times Mk was closed due to crowds at 9 AM. We were going to Epcot so it wasn't a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter