Help me with water parks

poohteacher

Mouseketeer
Hi all of you water park experts! I'm looking for a bit of information and advice. My DH and I have been to both TL and BB in the past, but more than 10 years ago. We've been back to Disney since then, but because our children were young we limited our water play to the resort pools. This time around, we've been thinking about trying out one or both of the water parks. My girls are 10 and 7 now and are competent swimmers (much better then their mother who just likes to wet her toes:) )

I bought my 10 day park hopper tickets from Undercover Tourist and have linked them to MDE. I didn't add on the water park option at the time of purchase.

First, I'm trying to decide if I should add on the Water Park option to my tickets or just pay the one day admission price. It looks like the difference between the two options is only $6. However, I have to use my tickets at least once to add on the option without losing my Undercover Tourist discount, correct? Question #1: In your opinion, are the added activities of the water park option worth a try?

Second: I know how to make the most of our day at the major parks: what rides to hit first, how the crowds move, what to bring along, etc. ; but, what are the strategies for touring TL or BB effectively?

I would appreciate any and all advice you can give. Thanks.

However, I have to use my tickets at least once to add on the option without losing my Undercover Tourist discount, correct?

Correct.

Question #1: In your opinion, are the added activities of the water park option worth a try?

We are water park people. We have at least 2 water park days during our trips so it is definitely worth it to us.

Second: I know how to make the most of our day at the major parks: what rides to hit first, how the crowds move, what to bring along, etc. ; but, what are the strategies for touring TL or BB effectively?

Avoid weekends. Arrive early, right when they open. Stake out your spot and then hit the big rides/slides that you want. We do this and get ride everything we want to by Noon. Then we chill and relax until about 3 when it starts to thin out again. I have found most guests treat the water parks as a half-day experience.

Avoid weekends. Arrive early, right when they open. Stake out your spot and then hit the big rides/slides that you want. We do this and get ride everything we want to by Noon. Then we chill and relax until about 3 when it starts to thin out again. I have found most guests treat the water parks as a half-day experience.

I agree - arrive early and before you get a locker or change into your swimmies or anything else, stake out your sunloungers - you'll be glad you did.

Since you already have hopper, use your ticket at least once (To lock in your discount) and the cost to add the water park is 25$

That's 25$ saving on an adult admission and 20$ on a child...

Awesome advice!!

Thanks everyone! The added price is just $25 per adult and $20 per child?! I thought it was $59! I must have missed that somewhere.

If we go in December, will we have any issue riding all the major slides if we are only there for a 3 hours or so and don't arrive when it opens? I can't imagine there will be too many people there in December, but maybe so with only 1 of the parks open. If we go, it will most likely be from the 1-4ish time between parks while my mom naps at the hotel.

Remember the water parks option also gives you access to Disney Quest-my kiddos loved DQ too. Have fun!

Thanks everyone! The added price is just $25 per adult and $20 per child?! I thought it was $59! I must have missed that somewhere.

$59 is the price if you're adding it to a base ticket. Since you've already got a park hopper, it's only $25.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter