• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help me with recipe---please

BCAMom

Earning My Ears
I'm getting ready to make a Chocolate Berry Trifle and do not have the correct ingredients. Here is the recipe:

3 cups cold milk
2 pkgs chocolate pudding
1 tub cool whip
1 baked brownie, cut into cubes
raspberries

Mix pudding with milk and stir in 2 cups whipped topping.

Place 1/2 of the brownie cubes in 2 qt. serving bowl. top with half of the pudding mixture, half of the raspberries and 2 cups whipped topping. Repeat layers. Top with remaining whipped topping.

HERE'S MY PROBLEM: I do not have choc. pudding--- I thought I did----but I only have french vanilla pudding. Going to grocery is not option bec. DS is sick with flu. Would the french vanilla pudding work ok in this recipe instead of chocolate. Help, I need to make this no later than tomorrow so I can take to church on Sunday. Thanks.

Actually, the French Vanilla pudding sounds pretty good to me! Sometimes, as much as I love chocolate, there can be too much in it. I'd give it a try.

I hope that your son is feeling better soon!

Deb

*psst* no one will know it was supposed to have been chocolate pudding unless you tell them.*

And chocolate and vanilla always go good together.

Hey, you're right....no one will ever know if we don't tell them!!!! And I agree that as much as I like chocolate, this recipe did sound pretty rich with choc. Anyway, I'm in the process of making it...just took the brownie out of oven and waiting for it to cool so that I can assemble the trifle!!

Maybe the smell of the brownie will encourage my sick son to try to eat... This flu bug has been the worst sickness he has ever had. He has not eaten since Monday afternoon, but he is drinking. Please pray that he gets well soon!

Thanks for the advice and encouragement guys!!

Just thought I'd let you guys know that the trifle was GREAT!!! I'm glad I made it with the french vanilla pudding----it almost tasted like an eclair cake!! Yum!! All the ladies at the tea thought it was delicious and beautiful!!

Thanks for the advice!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter