help me with my dining choices--or lack of

disneymarathoner07

Mouseketeer
Here's is where we have eaten before: Cape May, WCC, Boma, O'Hana, Sci-FI, 1900 Park Fare, Le Cellier, Marakesh, LTT, Kona (for breakfast), Akershus, Concourse Steakhouse, and Chef Mickey's (for breakfast). We are going again in September and am looking for new places to eat. We are doing the dining plan so in order to get the best bang for our buck, I *think* I would prefer 1 credit restaurants. But I would be willing to change that train of thought. There are 5 of us--Husband and myself 2 DD ages 6 and 4 and Brother in law 24. There's no food in particular that we don't like. I am thinking about 50's prime time and would like some opinions on a good italian restaurant as well as a good place for steaks and/or seafood. We enjoyed all of the restaurants that we have visited in the past with the exception of Boma. Thanks for all of your suggestions. Amanda

Do not miss the Crystal Palace! it was my family's favorite during our Sept 2006. DS then 4 and DD then 2 loved the food and the characters and it only cost 1 dp credit! Our absolute favorite...would have eaten there twice but we went during free dining and it was hard to get reservations at night that late in advance.

into Pooh and characters? I didn't know if this restaurant was all about the characters or if it had good food as well. Thanks for the advice! Amanda

into Pooh and characters? I didn't know if this restaurant was all about the characters or if it had good food as well. Thanks for the advice! Amanda

We were kind of underwhelmed by CP. I would compare the food to Chef Mickey.

If you are looking to get more bang for your buck from the dining plan, 2 places I would suggest are Wolfgang Pucks Cafe and Capt. Jacks at DTD. They are both one credit. We had the steak w/lobster tail add on and the twin lobster tails at Capt. Jacks and both were good. At WPC we had the wolf steak and Grilled Angus Filet Mignon and both were really good.

If you are looking for more bang for your DDP, it usually isn't a buffet. With a normal restaurant you are ordering an appetizer, entree, dessert and drink and the price is usually greater than a buffet where everything is included.

Wow!! You've done quite a lot. ;)

50's Prime Time is a nice, fun place to eat.

How about at:
California Grill - It's 2 credits, but it's one of our favorites.
Spoodles
Crystal Palace - great character dining for the kids (and adults)
Donald’s Breakfastosaurus
Hollywood & Vine
Garden Grill
Les Chefs de France
Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki Dining Room

For Italians, how about either: Tony’s Town Square Restaurant or Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano?

I've done buffets at Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, & Hollywood & Vine, Cape May Cafe, Akershus, and Biergarten. With the exceptions of Akershus and Biergarten, I think the qualities of food at other restaurants are pretty much comparable to one another. (Akershus and Biergarten just have different food, so it's a bit hard to compare with the others.)

Overall, I think the food was good with a nice variety. However, they cost more or less around $18-28 per person. If you want more bangs for the bucks, restaurants with ala carte menu might be better choices. My preference would be to mix things up little bit to get all flavors of experience. :cool2:

When I said bang for my buck--I didn't necessarily mean the best value for my money--I just meant that by using 2 TS at one meal meant that I would probably be paying out of pocket for another. :thumbsup2 Thanks again!!

Try Spoodles - we love the food there and have always had great service.:thumbsup2

We do 50's every trip and love it. We ate at Rose and Crown for the first time last month and really enjoyed it, if you get a 7:50 or later seating you maybe able to get a table outside on the water to watch illuminations and have a seat. WCC is alot of fun, we all shared the BBQ skillet it was really good. We were celebrating MIL's bday and they made her run around the room on a wooden stick pony singing happy bday to herself.

This is a pic of DD6 on the first day of our July trip at 50's. She didn't eat her greens and the waitress told her she couldn't have dessert she then took her plate and walked off. A few minutes later she came back with this DD didn't realize that it was her greens at first.
Juliette1.jpg

We loved it so much on our trip last month that we rescheduled another dinner there, before the end of the trip:cool1: . Our kids 3 & 6 also loved walking on the Boardwalk and the games.

We did the DDP in May of 2006. It was fabulous for us. Our very, very favourite breakfast was Donald's Prehistoric Breakfastosaurus. It was a great buffet and lots of character interaction. I did a bit of research and managed to book this at 8:50 seating on a morning when Animal Kingdom opened for the early morning hour. We were able to ride Dinosaur before breakfast, (right next door to Donald's) and get a fast past for Kali River Rapids and pretty much walk right on Expedition Everest. What a great morning! I printed out all a menu for each of the restaurants we were interested in visiting, and then asked my children to pick their favourites so that we already knew what the offerings were. I believe I went to http://www.disneyw.co.uk/menushut.html. If that site is not available, I think you could simply enter walt disney world menu and get some appropriate returns. I found having a menu to hand the kids made it much easier, no surprises, and then i tried to co-ordinate them with the park that had either the magic early morning hour for breakfast, or the magic evening hour for dinner, or a show. have fun, donna

If you are looking to get more bang for your buck from the dining plan, 2 places I would suggest are Wolfgang Pucks Cafe and Capt. Jacks at DTD. They are both one credit. We had the steak w/lobster tail add on and the twin lobster tails at Capt. Jacks and both were good.

Are the lobster tails included under the Dining Plan?

yes, you can get the twin lobster tails or if you order the steak, you can get the lobster add on with it. The best part is that its only 1TS credit!

Fantastic!! It looks like Cap'n Jacks is getting added to our list of TS places. We didn't have one for DTD since we've already been to Wolfgang's and Raglan Road and wanted to try all different places this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter